Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 140 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did notice LSU was included in her father’s tweet about teams that dedicated a ton of time to recruiting her. Ouch.

It is what it is, the only highly rated kids left on Nikki's list include Olivia Cochran, Anaya Boyd, Lauren Ware, and Treasure Hunt. It does not look promising for most this group right now. I heard a rumor LSU was recruiting Chyna Cornwell but I can't remember us pulling kids out of NC in a long time. Would be shocked to see Banghart let that one get away.

There is only one good kid in the state this year and she is off to Tulane. Not a good look unless she gets a backup out of state.

Reaction Score
It is what it is, the only highly rated kids left on Nikki's list include Olivia Cochran, Anaya Boyd, Lauren Ware, and Treasure Hunt. It does not look promising for most this group right now. I heard a rumor LSU was recruiting Chyna Cornwell but I can't remember us pulling kids out of NC in a long time. Would be shocked to see Banghart let that one get away.

There is only one good kid in the state this year and she is off to Tulane. Not a good look unless she gets a backup out of state.
In-state player with LSU offer:D

Reaction Score
In-state player with LSU offer:D

The 5-foot-11 Lafayette is not at the top of any polished recruiting lists. But the McKinley senior has 17 scholarship offers, led by LSU, Wichita State, Southern Miss and Louisiana-Monroe

Impressive. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Reaction Score
What are folks thoughts on

Angel Reese
Olivia Cochran
Treasure Hunt
Anaya Boyd
Sarah Andrews
Priscilla Williams

as far as destinations/favorites?

Reaction Score

Angel Reese
Olivia Cochran
Treasure Hunt
Anaya Boyd
Sarah Andrews
Priscilla Williams

A recent Priscilla Williams article (through Louisville) mentioned Mississippi State, Louisville, Syracuse, Baylor, and Missouri, and Williams said “several others”. She plans on naming a top-5 around the end of July.

For Sarah Andrews, my gut tells me Texas or Baylor. I always thought Baylor, but it appears Kim is going very hard after Hailey Van Lith, so I can’t tell who she is prioritizing.

Among Angel Reese’s finalists, I would guess MD, but I’m sure SC and Tenn have the next best shots. USC and Syracuse would surprise me.

Possibly UGA for Anaya Boyd? Not sure at all though.

Madison Hayes is also an SC target, right? and what about Elauna Eaton, who is announcing her top-5 soon.

Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews

Texas and Baylor battle but Baylor looks the most promising so far, especially with her teammate committing there. I would rather be coached by Kim than Ashton. Interesting situation but Kim has been going all in on Hailey Van Lith as well so I am not sure if she is trying to get both or possibly as a backup. You can't really go wrong with either...

Olivia Cochran

I saw a list earlier (which is now removed) but I know she had heavy interest in Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina and the Georgia schools. She has been on multiple visits to Kentucky and has a great relationship with R. Howard.

Treasure Hunt is a bit of a mystery right now.

Reaction Score

Angel Reese
Olivia Cochran
Treasure Hunt
Anaya Boyd
Sarah Andrews
Priscilla Williams

I want for SC Reese, Cochran and Boyd so hopefully SC is high on their lists. I like the chances of Reese and Cochran but haven’t heard much on Boyd as far as recruitment goes.

Reaction Score
A recent Priscilla Williams article (through Louisville) mentioned Mississippi State, Louisville, Syracuse, Baylor, and Missouri, and Williams said “several others”. She plans on naming a top-5 around the end of July.

For Sarah Andrews, my gut tells me Texas or Baylor. I always thought Baylor, but it appears Kim is going very hard after Hailey Van Lith, so I can’t tell who she is prioritizing.

Among Angel Reese’s finalists, I would guess MD, but I’m sure SC and Tenn have the next best shots. USC and Syracuse would surprise me.

Possibly UGA for Anaya Boyd? Not sure at all though.

Madison Hayes is also an SC target, right? and what about Elauna Eaton, who is announcing her top-5 soon.

I'm really not very sure who SCAR is after.

The three that people agree are targets are Reese, Cochran and Hunt. The local paper threw Andrews in a recent column, I think because she listed us in a top 12 or something like that. I do remember the offer.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Citron's gonna have an offer from everyone but UConn soon.

From everything I've (not) heard, ND & UConn may be in the same situation as UConn. Imagine that :rolleyes:

That said, I'm guessing so much of what ND does in 2021 is predicated on what happens with the "rest" of the Class of 2020 process. At the guard/wing position, ND already has Alli Campbell (also a 6' guard, projected as an off guard and possibly even a wing if she continues to grow as she has throughout high school) in a verbal commitment in 2020 and one can still consider Caitlin Clark and Maddy Westbeld to be in the "mutual interest" mode (as is Deja Kelly, but she's more of a PG who would affect Olivia Miles interest).

Once those determinations are made, it will be very interesting to see where the 2021 compass is set.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know we have several posters who closely follow high school hoops action and the recruiting scene in California. Gonzaga recently got a verbal commit from McKayla Williams from Windward HS. I wasn't familiar w/ her previously but I've certainly heard of that school, they've developed plenty of talent. She's a 6-1 4* 2020 wing prospect according to ESPN.

Reaction Score
Angel Reese visits are set. Love that S Carolina will get the final pitch. Worked out well last year so I hope it will be the same this year.

Reaction Score
Bad news for @SECbbfan24: Lauren Ware basically threw her top-10 and official visits out the window and created a new top-5: Arizona, Tennessee, UCLA, Minnesota, and Texas. She took official visits to Nebraska and Oregon, and UCLA and Tennessee weren't in her top-10, though UT did undergo a coaching change.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Isn't Lauren Ware looking at playing volleyball as well as bball? Maybe I'm confusing her w/ someone else, but if so that's a fairly solid list of schools for both sports.

Reaction Score
Isn't Lauren Ware looking at playing volleyball as well as bball? Maybe I'm confusing her w/ someone else, but if so that's a fairly solid list of schools for both sports.
I believe she is the one that wants to play both sports.

Reaction Score

It would be interesting to know whether her priority is basketball or volleyball, Texas and Minnesota are the two on her final list that were top 10 volleyball programs recently, though UCLA has been in the recent past. If she plays both, her scholarship counts against the basketball limit...not sure whether that’s a consideration for any of the final five.

She took her OV to Oregon the same weekend that Sedona Prince visited, so when Pince committed I expect any opportunity to play basketball at Oregon was gone, since the Prince commitment put Oregon at 15 scholarship players in 2020.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to know whether her priority is basketball or volleyball, Texas and Minnesota are the two on her final list that were top 10 volleyball programs recently, though UCLA has been in the recent past. If she plays both, her scholarship counts against the basketball limit...not sure whether that’s a consideration for any of the final five.

She took her OV to Oregon the same weekend that Sedona Prince visited, so when Pince committed I expect any opportunity to play basketball at Oregon was gone, since the Prince commitment put Oregon at 15 scholarship players in 2020.
I think it's tuff to play two sports.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it's tuff to play two spots.
It is but not impossible. Believe it or not, Oregon had one woman athlete, Liz Brenner, that competed in all four major women’s sports, volleyball, basketball, softball and track and field in her time at Oregon. She was a 2nd team All American in volleyball and I believe won a conference championship throwing the javelin. In the 2012-2013 season, she played in the volleyball national championship game, the softball college World Series and the NCAA Track Championships in the javelin all in one season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It is but not impossible. Believe it or not, Oregon had one woman athlete, Liz Brenner, that competed in all four major women’s sports, volleyball, basketball, softball and track and field in her time at Oregon. She was a 2nd team All American in volleyball and I believe won a conference championship throwing the javelin. In the 2012-2013 season, she played in the volleyball national championship game, the softball college World Series and the NCAA Track Championships in the javelin all in one season.
Actually Pat Summitt played volleyball and basketball at UT Martin.

Reaction Score
Stwain said,"I think it's "tuff" to play two sports. O.k.Tony you have officially been outed.Come out of the closet as a secret Lady Vol fan.Who knew you had two identities on the boneyard.Thought you'd get away with it forever eh?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom