Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 139 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think she's a 2021 recruit, not 2020, as the tweet seems to imply.

That is correct, sir! Ms. Citron is currently 17th on Dan Olson's 2021 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60.

One of my faves in the metro-NYC area.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND Hoops Recruits sent out a semi-cryptic tweet regarding yet another visitor to the ND campus, but earlier in the week.

I'm guessing the reference on recruits is to Top Five nationally and use Hoopgurlz as the barometer as to whom may have been visiting.

2020: Caitlin Clark (that's a process of elimination: Bueckers and Brink have already verbally committed and we're not on Reese's finalist list).
This visit would be very optimal (Anyone who has been reading my posts the last two years knows I'm a huge Clark fan.).

2021: Point Guard Olivia Miles or Post Amari DeBerry.
Can't see Azzi Fudd, in the process of some kind of rehabilitation, coming out to a campus she's been to a few times. Miles and DeBerry just finished the tour of duty with the U.S. National Team and AAU tourneys don't pick up until after the holidays, so this would be a good time to take an unofficial. And, btw, ND's evaluation camp for high schoolers starts...today.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
That is correct, sir! Ms. Citron is currently 17th on Dan Olson's 2021 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60.

One of my faves in the metro-NYC area.
Apparently Stanford WBB's Twitter account just started following hers. Traditionally this has not happened until around the time a recruit commits to Stanford. (apparently the same thing happened with Haley Jones right around the time she committed). So Stanford folks seem to be thinking, optimistically, that she's about to announce she's Farm-bound.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Apparently Stanford WBB's Twitter account just started following hers. Traditionally this has not happened until around the time a recruit commits to Stanford. (apparently the same thing happened with Haley Jones right around the time she committed). So Stanford folks seem to be thinking, optimistically, that she's about to announce she's Farm-bound.

Well, that's kind of interesting in a depressing sort of way (at least for non-Farm fans, nothing personal :rolleyes:).

To the best of your knowledge, has Citron been out to Stanford for an unofficial visit? I get how Haley Jones and Stanford WBB twitter syncing up could be an accurate sign, in a white smoke kind of way, but Jones is a local girl who could probably drive to the Farm blindfolded. However, Citron goes to a nice Catholic School in White Plains and is still Class of 2021. Now, maybe Tara has her signed, sealed, delivered (and I could see Citron playing well there, btw), but I'd sure like to see MM and Niele Ivey fly into Westchester Airport and get an uber into White Plains! After I'll I'd at least like to see a Fighting Irish chance for a prospect that does not graduate until 2021!

Thanks for the tip, btw.......maybe. :confused: ;)

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Well, that's kind of interesting in a depressing sort of way (at least for non-Farm fans, nothing personal :rolleyes:).

To the best of your knowledge, has Citron been out to Stanford for an unofficial visit? I get how Haley Jones and Stanford WBB twitter syncing up could be an accurate sign, in a white smoke kind of way, but Jones is a local girl who could probably drive to the Farm blindfolded. However, Citron goes to a nice Catholic School in White Plains and is still Class of 2021. Now, maybe Tara has her signed, sealed, delivered (and I could see Citron playing well there, btw), but I'd sure like to see MM and Niele Ivey fly into Westchester Airport and get an uber into White Plains! After I'll I'd at least like to see a Fighting Irish chance for a prospect that does not graduate until 2021!

Thanks for the tip, btw..maybe. :confused:;)
I have no insider knowledge, but just took a peek at the Stanford WBB twitter account and they only seem to follow (a) professionals in the athletics space (i.e. journalists and pros who commentate like Lisa Leslie); (b) Stanford WBB alums and current players; and (c) committed recruits who have not yet signed (like Brink, Van Gytenbeek, and Demetre). It's totally possible that they will "un-follow" a recruit who signs elsewhere, but I know in the past the SWBB Twitter follow has been the most tangible evidence that Stanford thinks a recruit is coming to the Farm until the official AD class press release on signing day (or thereafter if the class takes longer than official signing day to come together, as it did with Jones last fall).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Class of 2020 and one-time UConn POI Maddie Burke has given a verbal to Penn State. Her other finalists were Maryland, Boston College, Villanova, and Florida.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Class of 2020 and one-time UConn POI Maddie Burke has given a verbal to Penn State. Her other finalists were Maryland, Boston College, Villanova, and Florida.
Maddie will do well at PSU and remind some Nittany Lions fans of Maggie Lucas.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Philly Belles on their way to Indy and at least one of them stopped by ND for an unofficial visit, as the is picture of Olivia Miles, 2021 Point Guard, handing with former Belle Danielle Cosgrove. Wonder if any other Belles dropped by, such as 2020 ND verbal commit Alli Campbell and/or 2021 Post/Forward Amari DeBerry?

Besides Cosgrove, ND's other post - Mik Vaughn -- also played for the Belles.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Philly Belles on their way to Indy and at least one of them stopped by ND for an unofficial visit, as the is picture of Olivia Miles, 20211 Point Guard, handing with former Belle Danielle Cosgrove. Wonder if any other Belles dropped by, such as 2020 ND verbal commit Alli Campbell and/or 2021 Post/Forward Amari DeBerry?

Besides Cosgrove, ND's other post - Mik Vaughn -- also played for the Belles.

20211 is a long way off!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Does Kelly Graves know that he can only play 5 on the floor at a time? GOOD LORD he is stockpiling some players. This reminds me of the early 2000s when everyone wanted to play for Oregon football.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Does Kelly Graves know that he can only play 5 on the floor at a time? GOOD LORD he is stockpiling some players. This reminds me of the early 2000s when everyone wanted to play for Oregon football.

I had the same thought. Maybe we can call him "Chip" Kelly Graves

Reaction Score

LSU gets commitment from unknown player in Texas. She averages 9 points per game and 2 assists. Everything about her online is track related, very little basketball.

tenor.gif

Pardon my sarcasm, needed to vent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nikki must be pissed, she poured a lot of time to get this one. I'm not shocked at all though.
I did notice LSU was included in her father’s tweet about teams that dedicated a ton of time to recruiting her. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom