Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 137 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wasnt sure whether or not to put this in this thread or the WCBB Other News thread, but breaking news from my area

Elle Sutphin, a rising senior for East Surry girls basketball, plans to reclassify and enroll at N.C. State.

A few lines from the article

Elle Sutphin of East Surry is the top girls basketball player in North Carolina for the class of 2020, according to ESPN. That's going to change.
Sutphin, who just finished her junior year with the Cardinals, has decided to forego her senior year, graduate this summer and enroll at N.C. State in the fall. She reports to N.C. State on Aug. 24.

"This year kind of depends on me," said Sutphin, who is 6-foot-3. "If I'm doing well and going into the offense well, and the chemistry is going good then I'll probably play.

"If I go in there and I'm a little over my head and overwhelmed then I'll probably redshirt and train for a year and get ready for next year to be on the court and to handle that."

Reaction Score
Wasnt sure whether or not to put this in this thread or the WCBB Other News thread, but breaking news from my area

Elle Sutphin, a rising senior for East Surry girls basketball, plans to reclassify and enroll at N.C. State.

Elle Sutphin of East Surry is the top girls basketball player in North Carolina for the class of 2020, according to ESPN. That's going to change.
Sutphin, who just finished her junior year with the Cardinals, has decided to forego her senior year, graduate this summer and enroll at N.C. State in the fall. She reports to N.C. State on Aug. 24.

"This year kind of depends on me," said Sutphin, who is 6-foot-3. "If I'm doing well and going into the offense well, and the chemistry is going good then I'll probably play.

"If I go in there and I'm a little over my head and overwhelmed then I'll probably redshirt and train for a year and get ready for next year to be on the court and to handle that."
Wow. Not common in WBB.

Reaction Score
There was a video on instagram from Caitlin bickle of Baylor that showed Dwight Howard playing against DiDi and moon ursin! Hopefully t’ea cooper will end up at Baylor

Reaction Score
There was a video on instagram from Caitlin bickle of Baylor that showed Dwight Howard playing against DiDi and moon ursin! Hopefully t’ea cooper will end up at Baylor
I don't think Cooper is going to be a positive for Baylor. I'm not sure on her stats compared to Jackson ( your guys' extremely pivotal transfer last season), but her off the court drama seems to be a negative. I don't think she's a WNBA talent IMO. But you guys do need a PG next year.

Reaction Score
I don't think Cooper is going to be a positive for Baylor. I'm not sure on her stats compared to Jackson ( your guys' extremely pivotal transfer last season), but her off the court drama seems to be a negative. I don't think she's a WNBA talent IMO. But you guys do need a PG next year.
I don’t it’ll be too much of a problem! She’s really close to DiDi from what I’ve heard! Also, i trust in Mulkey if she does accept t’ea into the program! If she doesn’t come to Baylor, baylor will be fine! I think Juicy or honesty Scott-Grayson will be fine at point guard!

Reaction Score

I’ve met and talked with Te’a during her time at SC and she’s a very sweet young lady. She’s well spoken and comes from a good family, but basketball wise she’s very up and down. I personally think she peaked in High school and let all the hype go to her head too quickly. She was featured on a MTV show at a very young age and involved in a lot of other media outlets that exposed her to things too fast. IMHO I don’t think she’ll provide the same impact as Jackson but Mulkey will definitely give her a shot. She had 68 assists and 66 turnovers last year and that’s very telling for someone who played off the ball. With the ball in her hands as the primary PG, it’ll be interesting if she can keep the TOs down for a strict coach like Kim. Her career shooting percentage is less than average as well so it won’t be an easy job for Coach Mulkey. I wish Te'a nothing but the best except when she faces SC this year in the Virgin Islands!

Reaction Score

I've seen her on video...............looks like she can really play so I doubt if she will need to redshirt...........................

Reaction Score
Mildog, The roster for MSST has been released and Nyah Tate was not on the roster for 2019-2020, has she left the team?
I’m not certain. However she has been hurt the past two seasons and was unable to play the last month or so of this season due to an injury that dated back to high school.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Saw on their board that Esmery Martinez has committed to Texas.

Rough translation:
"Esmery Martínez of the Dominican Republic, a native of Hato Mayor del Rey who plays the 3 and 4 positions, has just committed to attend college at @TexasWBB . In this photo, she appears with coach Karen Sue Aston."

FDM Athletics appears to be a Dominican organization that helps Dominican athletes get athletic scholarships in the U.S.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don’t know about the rest of you but I am a bit Creeped out that a 33 year old has been dating 21 year old (she might have just turned 22) and is following her around to campus visits. Really Dwight, you’ve been dating a college student? Sad and creepy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don’t know about the rest of you but I am a bit Creeped out that a 33 year old has been dating 21 year old (she might have just turned 22) and is following her around to campus visits. Really Dwight, you’ve been dating a college student? Sad and creepy.
She turned 22 in April. They've reportedly been dating since last fall.

Dwight Howard himself has developed a pretty negative reputation among NBA players and fan bases alike. He's been chronically toxic to team chemistry. He and Te'a might be deserving of each other.

"Part of the reason fans almost universally dislike Dwight Howard is that it seems like every NBA player who has ever met Dwight Howard dislikes Dwight Howard. He’s gotten into on-court fights with teammates (here’s Steve Nash telling him to stop complaining and get open), former teammates (here’s Kobe Bryant calling him soft, among other mean things), and opponents (here is Kevin Durant calling him an extremely mean thing)."​

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Dwight Howard himself has developed a pretty negative reputation among NBA players and fan bases alike. He's been chronically toxic to team chemistry. He and Te'a might be deserving of each other.

"Part of the reason fans almost universally dislike Dwight Howard is that it seems like every NBA player who has ever met Dwight Howard dislikes Dwight Howard. He’s gotten into on-court fights with teammates (here’s Steve Nash telling him to stop complaining and get open), former teammates (here’s Kobe Bryant calling him soft, among other mean things), and opponents (here is Kevin Durant calling him an extremely mean thing)."​
Interesting article - many reasons Te’a should be wary of Dwight, including the 5 kids with 5 different mothers. They left out his transgender girlfriend breaking up with him for cheating on her with another transgender woman. Caveat emptor...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dwight is a whole different can of worms that shouldn't be opened lol. Him and Cooper seem like a super weird couple, but he's had worse

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wasnt gonna say anything earlier when that was posted either in this thread or another but........

uh oh.gif

Reaction Score

I think age difference makes little difference, I am 16 years older than my wife. We have been married 42 years, have two great kids, and love one another today as much as the day we met. Love happens and when it does you know it. I wish them the best.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That's his business. Twelve years is not that a big difference in age. I doubt if he would care who you are dating. What's sad and creepy is how people delve into other people's business.

Reaction Score
Eh, as long as they’re happy together, I don’t really see a big deal. I think Napheesa’s boyfriend is 29 or 30. I don’t see an issue in age, whether its 7 in Napheesa’s case, or 11 in Te’a’s case, or 0 in someone else’s case! Happiness>age.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think age difference makes little difference, I am 16 years older than my wife. We have been married 42 years, have two great kids, and love one another today as much as the day we met. Love happens and when it does you know it. I wish them the best.

Its more about the other things in his background :oops:

As far as age difference....... meh .... I wish I could find a girlfriend 12 years younger than I.... but thats a topic for another day.... for a different thread..... on a different forum :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom