Non UConn College WBB News | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Muffet says we are done except maybe a grad transfer.

“No, we’re done. I think we’re done,” McGraw said Thursday afternoon of whether Notre Dame will be adding any more high school players to a signee list that stands at merely two during a season in which the Irish are scheduled to exhaust the eligibility of four stars. "

“We’ll probably look at a grad transfer,” McGraw said of an alternative to signing more high schoolers from the class of 2019. "

Notre Dame women's hoops signs elite prospects Brunelle and Peoples
If I'm Aliyah or Haley and I'm still considering N.D., Muffet's wording would move N.D. down my list.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Beavers playing 10 players through the half and 8 of the 10 have scored. Aquino dressed again(no action yet), and today she has an elastic wrap on her left leg. I think I remember that from her HS games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OSU 73-45 after 3Q. ESPN's stats went kaput. I think they have 14 or 15 made 3's at this point. School record is 19 in a game, got a shot at breaking that tonight.

I think Pivec is VERY happy she doesn't have to play PG this year. She's looking good as a 2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU 89-56 final. Pivec flirted w/ a triple double--19 pts. 8 reb 7 assists. Slocum had 22. Despite her size Grymek hasn't shown much in the way of shot blocking, but Morris had 3 swats in limited action.

ESPNs stats are wacky again. I know there are several errors in what their official box score is showing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is interesting that Aquino is appearing game ready then not receiving action. I also noticed a wrist band on one of her wrists which likely would’ve been taken off in the locker room if minutes were a possibility.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It is interesting that Aquino is appearing game ready then not receiving action.

There's speculation on a Beaver blog that it's not injury related.

Reaction Score
OSU 73-45 after 3Q. ESPN's stats went kaput. I think they have 14 or 15 made 3's at this point. School record is 19 in a game, got a shot at breaking that tonight.

I think Pivec is VERY happy she doesn't have to play PG this year. She's looking good as a 2.
I was at the game tonight. Beavers looked great. I was very impressed with OSU's aggressive defense tonight. What is interesting this year, is that the bench is so deep, that Rueck has been substituting 3 or 4 at a time. Destiny Slocum's motor is unreal. Beavers were penetrating and scoring inside, and penetrating and kicking out for open 3's. It sure is nice having a point guard who can get in the paint at will. Should have a few good games in the Vancouver Showcase next week. What I am interested in seeing is how deep Rueck goes into his bench.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If I'm Aliyah or Haley and I'm still considering N.D., Muffet's wording would move N.D. down my list.

As someone else suggested this could be Muffet being sly, but to what end? Maybe she has gotten the I'm not coming call fro 1 or 2 still out there and wants to make it look like her decision?

Reaction Score
Beavers playing 10 players through the half and 8 of the 10 have scored. Aquino dressed again(no action yet), and today she has an elastic wrap on her left leg. I think I remember that from her HS games.

Aquino was limping badly in the handshake line. It was even more noticeable when she walked away from it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Hey Knight, Barnes has Arizona looking a lot better. How many years away are they from mid-PAC12? Reese was a great recruit! I think the over/under is 1 year. Am I too optimistic? You have season tix, correct?
Yes, starting last year we popped for floor seats (they are not expensive) and currently have the ones closest to mid court across from the Arizona bench. Last year the TV table was literally right next to us, but they reconfigured a bit larger gap. Unfortunately, with my wife's poor health, we only made 4 games last year. This year I committed to attend as much as possible, and have made the exhibitions and first 2 games alone (but with her blessing).

Very impressed with Reese and McDonald. That said, while I expect them to improve each year, a solid mid-conference performance is problematical. It isn't this year, I suppose it could be next year. A lot depends on our 4 (all foreign) recruits about whom I know nothing. It may take another year past that.

While I like her as a player a lot, Lucia Alonso worries me. She is solid, but I'm not sure dynamic enough to lead (plus, she's a junior). Yet, she is our best true point guard.

Reaction Score
Any news on the guard Patterson that transferred from Texas and where she may be landing?

Reaction Score
Watch out for Chassity Patterson to Kentucky. Remember I was also right about Cooke, Jackson, Amihere and Horston.
Is @futuretitles the new @Dorf? Also, everything you have been right about is SEC-related, an inner SEC connection?

Patterson’s top 6 when she was being recruited were Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Kentucky, and UCLA. Kentucky makes sense.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State and Florida State coaches also followed her on twitter since.

Reaction Score
Is @futuretitles the new @Dorf? Also, everything you have been right about is SEC-related, an inner SEC connection?

Patterson’s top 6 when she was being recruited were Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Kentucky, and UCLA. Kentucky makes sense.
Hahaha I do love the SEC but appreciate all of women's basketball. I try not to comment unless I feel as if im certain. I was wrong about Boston however although I did state "Don't count out Dawn" in one of my posts.

Reaction Score
Hahaha I do love the SEC but appreciate all of women's basketball. I try not to comment unless I feel as if im certain. I was wrong about Boston however although I did state "Don't count out Dawn" in one of my posts.
Haha, I know Vic is recruiting Patterson very hard. Fun to see where she goes. I think she can be very good still, much better than what she showed at Texas

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't see Patterson going to Tennessee. I think a post player would be more of a need.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
OSU women's basketball: Freshman post Andrea Aquino will redshirt this season

Oregon State 6’9 frosh Andrea Aquino will redshirt this season. She, Kennedy Brown, and Taylor Jones are 2019 class.
This is of course a bad sign when a frosh has to red shirt. Says big project. Kakahla redshirted with Louisville last year, #25 player in the country , and left just before this season for Pacific. Its a bummer when a top 25 player doesn’t make it on the floor for you no matter the reason. Crazy world but you run a risk when you redshirt a highly rated player despite very good intentions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA