Non-Key Tweets | Page 75 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
ND complicating things again for conference mates. Wonder if the ACC's position is largely influenced by ND.

ND and the ACC have a mutual interest, which is the survival of the ACC. ND also knows that if the B1G and SEC has an unfettered path to legislation it could finally force them into a conference. We can probably predict how this interdependence works out— it ends badly for the host conference, while ND skates.

Reaction Score
A "lifted" analysis:

By school, 60% is 39 out of 65. So 65-38=27 is enough to block ... so if the Big Ten and SEC both oppose, and vote conference party line, that is a veto.

Or the Big Ten and ACC oppose, or SEC and ACC oppose, that is also a veto.

But if there is united Big Ten / SEC support ... 39-28=11, either support from the ACC or the PAC-12 is enough to pass it.

2/3, however, is 44 required, so 65-43 = 12, giving a veto to every conference except for the Big12 on any issue where they can hold the party line.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
A "lifted" analysis:

By school, 60% is 39 out of 65. So 65-38=27 is enough to block ... so if the Big Ten and SEC both oppose, and vote conference party line, that is a veto.

But if there is united Big Ten / SEC support ... 39-28=11, either support from the ACC or the PAC-12 is enough to pass it.

2/3, however, is 44 required, so 65-43 = 12, giving a veto to every conference except for the Big12 on any issue where they can hold the party line.

Good analysis, Billy. Where did you "lift" that from?

Reaction Score
It can not be attributed since I lifted it from behind a pay site wall...I am sure it has also gone elsewhere to free sites as these posts tend to do...

Reaction Score
LOL...and that date pre dates the post that I lifted...so it was already stolen goods...

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that I have been at my "summer place" the past two months...on Braden Mountain here in Western North Carolina (cooler then Tallahassee).

Nobody around here is a UNC fan....there are more SEC and FSU fans in the bar....My guess is that UNC fandom stops somewhere in the North Carolina piedmont.

Reaction Score
A "lifted" analysis:

Billybud. Good analysis, but there was a subtraction error in the last sentence. If 2/3 vote is required, 22 schools would be needed to block.

Reaction Score
ND and the ACC have a mutual interest, which is the survival of the ACC. ND also knows that if the B1G and SEC has an unfettered path to legislation it could finally force them into a conference. We can probably predict how this interdependence works out— it ends badly for the host conference, while ND skates.

I sure hope so.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What ever happened to the dude getting his big source on telecast to talk about the big. I can't believe people listen to this guy. There is only a select few that knows what the big is going to do and trust me they don't talk to the dude about it.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6h
Kids who follow expansion should be paying close attention to what Mr. SEC is writing. He’s alluding to a B1G/SEC voting block.

The voting block that would allow the B1G/SEC to raise the price of being a member of the elite & perhaps force a few private schools out.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 6h
@Rudy2645 64 schools with autonomy. 28 votes in the SEC & B1G. ACC & B12 have 24. P12 has 14 & ND has 1.

That’s not a rumor. It’s not a figment of imagination to lure clicks. It’s a fact.

It’s a genius tactic that forces the B12 & ACC to either expand just to add votes or hope the P12 votes their way.

If either the ACC or B12 expand that means revenues go down & that generates instability. It’s a lose-lose situation for both.

The P12 would also benefit no matter what happens. Darth Slive knows what he wants his legacy to be & he has only a short time to write it.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 6h
@tech_aj @expansion_crush A few weeks back I said the B1G & SEC had a plan to raid the ACC by forcing private schools out.

So play close attention to the % of votes required in the upcoming rules changes for the big 5 to implement new rules amongst themselves.

Thee Bears ‏@theebears · 5h
@theDudeofWV lol, still exhausting your time toward expansion talk?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @theebears Only when it’s factual & interesting. Even if you don’t believe me you had best read Mr. SEC’s post.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h
@NebGradDubDub @Rudy2645 I spoke to a OSU official in Columbus last Feb. He told me face- to-face the B1G would not challenge the B13’s GoR

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h
@NebGradDubDub @Rudy2645 It was during that meeting he said the B1G believed that the ACC GoR could be challenged.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I must admit that I do not understand this voting block stuff. I thought we had the B1G/PAC alliance pushing for higher academic standards and, in the other corner, we had the SEC/B12 fighting against academics. This voting block stuff is now saying that the B1G and SEC are an alliance.

I think the P5 conferences need to start a reality TV show with all of this talk of alliances and backstabbing. But hey, if the ACC or B12 are forced to expand, then that's nothing but good news for UCONN.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 18s
Joe Schad's comments about UCF today didn't come out of nowhere, folks. Adding UCF is being discussed at the the highest levels of B12.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 5m
If Texas Tech schedules a fball series with A&M, and Texas doesn't leave the B12 the next day, c k our university leadership to hell.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 54m
B12 is really on the ropes. Would be great if we could get a title in something that matters. Thanks Tx Tech for letting us all down again.

Reaction Score
Given UCF's enormous size (now second biggest university in FTE enrollment behind Arizona State and just ahead of Ohio State) and facilities, they seem like a prime candidate as a potential diamond in the rough to a league like the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV · 6h
If the conditions are right for the Big 12 to expand they will add as many schools as are profitable.

That number could be 12 or 14 or even 16. The caveat is it has to be even numbers.

Right now, if the Big 12 had to expand, the schools in order of preference are:

BYU, UCF, UCONN, USF, CINCY, Memphis, Houston.

Mister_Solenday ‏@Mr_Solenday · 6h
@theDudeofWV In your opinion, would a UCF/USF combo be more or less valuable than UCF by itself? Also curious why you have UConn so high.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Mr_Solenday For the Big 12 its either or not both. UCONN is valued higher by the networks because of ad rates & the value they add in hoops

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Mr_Solenday Let me add this... for schools without a long history of success in football the hottest commodity at the time is the leader.

Mister_Solenday ‏@Mr_Solenday · 6h
@theDudeofWV I would have thought that the pair would be valued as travel partners and that Uconn was too far flung. Always interesting.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h
@Mr_Solenday What does a travel partner mean? The Big 12 is only interested in making money.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h
Keep in mind what I said about BYU & UCF and their chances of being added to the Big 12.

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg · 6h
@theDudeofWV help me out meaning the part you said that byu UFC are next or that it will be a while before the are added part?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Martyaborg Right now IF the B12 decided to expand BYU & UCF would be invited. But right now the B12 has no interest in expanding

@Poca_Ashworth What if I told you the very concept of a CCG was being re-examined? High risk & little reward.

But again... all that is "what if" conditions are right. What if Fox & ESPN agree to pay.

Right now NONE of the conditions required for Big 12 expansion equate to true.

Just remember, in the coming days, who gave you correct info & not rumors. Info confirmed by Oliver Luck & the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h
There is a path that leads to expansion for the Big 12 sooner rather than later. That path will be determined in August.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste · 6h
@theDudeofWV Sorry for missing it, what is that Path and why August?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Mountaineer_Ste August is when the 350 FBS schools vote on legislation to give big 5 autonomy & B12/ACC legislation on CCG.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Mountaineer_Ste Necessity... the path is need i.e. CCG or votes and/or Fox/ESPN paying for expansion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is, in many ways, my nightmare scenario. Being in Big 12 would be a horrible for us. Travel would be a terrible and we aren't a good cultural fit, but we couldn't afford to turn it down. The only thing worse than a Big 12 invite is staying in the American.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Big12 is the worse possible P5 scenario. but it is better than were we are.
(No I didn't forget the PAC but I live in AZ so that works for me.)
The travel would be almost the same as the AAC,
except for Kansas and Iowa.
The BB would be terrific it's a 6 or 7 bid league
The real benefit to pushing this rumor is maybe, the ACC,or B1G,decide to make a pre-emptive strike.

Reaction Score
I never remotely considered the Big 12 an option. Texas and Oklahoma inviting Connecticut, it just never seemed at all likely. Of course, stranger things have happened.

Reaction Score
I really don't think the Big12 is an option on any level for us, it's just not happening. However, how cool would it be if we were tapped and 5-10 years from now we were able to say that we saw the Huskies play Mich, and conceivably play Texas, and Oklahoma at The Rent!!?? That wouldn't suck.

Reaction Score
This is, in many ways, my nightmare scenario. Being in Big 12 would be a horrible for us. Travel would be a horrible and we aren't a good cultural fit, but we couldn't afford to turn it down. The only worse than Big 12 invite is staying in the American.
Big12 doesn't play soccer.

Reaction Score
This is, in many ways, my nightmare scenario. Being in Big 12 would be a horrible for us. Travel would be a horrible and we aren't a good cultural fit, but we couldn't afford to turn it down. The only worse than Big 12 invite is staying in the American.
Travel would be no worse than it is now. Staying in the AAC is the worst fate that UConn could have.
Big12 doesn't play soccer.
How much money does soccer bring to UConn? Would you rather be in a P5 conference that doesn't play soccer or the midmajor AAC?

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom