Non-Key Tweets | Page 1028 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
The ACC has had two decades for assertive action that would make all the sense in the world for them and they've done nothing but continue to weaken their brand.
The only proactive move was to destroy the Big East. It sat back and thought it won the endgame. Trouble is the game wasn’t over and every move since has been reactive.

Reaction Score
The only proactive move was to destroy the Big East. It sat back and thought it won the endgame. Trouble is the game wasn’t over and every move since has been reactive.

They shoved Maryland out the door by pushing them into a second/third class in their basketball conference scheduling. The Big Ten observed and the Big Ten pounced.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
They shoved Maryland out the door by pushing them into a second/third class in their basketball conference scheduling. The Big Ten observed and the Big Ten pounced.
Maryland was not going to sign the grant if rights.

Reaction Score
Maryland was not going to sign the grant if rights.

Right, because they were in the process of losing significant access to Tobacco Road. They had home and home rivalries with UNC, Duke, Wake & State and lost more than half of them to a rotating basis because of John Swofford's unwieldy expansion, and his desire to give primary benefit to said Tobacco Road (UNC and Duke, really). When Debbie Yow's budget was blowing up it became rather easy for MD to raise a middle finger down towards Charlotte (ACC HQ) re: a Grant of Rights.

The Big Ten were watching, and they pounced.

Reaction Score
Memphis is even below Big 12 standards academically as they would be the lowest ranked Big 12 school. Eight Big 12 schools are ranked 115 or below by US News with the lowest ranked school, WVU and Texas Tech tied at 216. Memphis is ranked 269.
Once again, academics are meaningless in conference realignment. If they B1G wanted them, they would get them into the AAU.

Reaction Score
These "Big 12 is adding UConn so it can add a bunch of ACC schools later" theories sound familiar. They were ridiculous last summer, and they are ridiculous this summer.

If the Big 12 is adding UConn, it means it doesn't think the ACC is breaking up anytime soon.
Why do you think they added SMU then?

Reaction Score
Once again, academics are meaningless in conference realignment. If they B1G wanted them, they would get them into the AAU.
They would need to explain to schools from other countries why football matters for AAU entry.

Reaction Score
No set of circumstances would make me want to put a fork in my nutsack. None. Ever.
Before you put a fork in your nutsack, put one in theirs... (And maybe a second one in their forehead...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know he's probably full of it, but it would be great if ESPN were giving us $21 million. Norlander estimated around $10-$11 million.
10 or 11 million is tough unless there is a guaranteed full membership by some date, not later than 2031. When we left the AAC Herbst said that we would be saving 2 million in travel costs. I would imagine it's more now, but for the purposes of argument, let's say it would be 2 million in the big 12. That effectively makes that 10 to 11 million to 8 to 9 million which is awfully close to what we will make in the big east.

Now, if we get a full share of football playoff money, which I doubt happens, that would be another 15, which would make everything worthwhile.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
how does he know the results of polls, who are his sources
Probably uses the equation of : ((4-sided dice x 2) + the number of people who take him seriously) x 1E6.
Guy must have a concussion if he thinks ESPN would be giving us $21 million; we would absolutely love that number, so nooo way can it be real.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
These guys are against it.

So, it's okay for university presidents to publicly express that they don't want to go from the Pac12 into the Big12, but UConn fans cannot express their reluctance about leaving the Big East for the Big12, and then these buffoons say "it's not personal". Yeah, UConn had a bad football record the last decade, but Colorado lost a lot too...oh that's right, let's not mention the bulls*** record the buffaloes laid. "It's not personal", yes you tool, it is personal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These guys are against it.

Yeah, but they're against it borne out of ignorance.

When I hear people say hey I don't want to play UConn baseball, I realize they have no idea that we've been to super regionals two of the last three years. I'd love to be in the room with these guys, not that at the end of that they would suddenly be huge Connecticut to the big 12 advocates, but just to get rid of the BezS stuff that they say and replace it with the actual facts.

Do we think these guys have any idea that we have two BCS conference championships? I doubt it. Do they have any idea what our facilities look like? Probably not. Do they know what the population population of our state is? Do they realize that there are 11 million people within 150 miles of Storrs? I doubt it.

They're just some guys who are only familiar with their conference. I wish the guys who do podcasts on Connecticut would talk about the strengths that we bring and get some of that information out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom