Non-Key Tweets | Page 974 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I can't remember, but doesn't the GOR only apply to home games. If that's the case, can't FSU just play a few BIG games in Jacksonville or Tampa (ie play OSU/Mich/Penn St/USC/ ect) and consider it a neutral site for a conference game. Then the BIG gets to keep the TV revenue from the game. Then when FSU plays Indiana or Rutgers, just let them play it in Tallahassee. Seems like an easy loophole, so I'm probably wrong.
Yes I'm sure average message board poster found a loophole that all the high priced university attorneys missed.

Reaction Score
I can't remember, but doesn't the GOR only apply to home games. If that's the case, can't FSU just play a few BIG games in Jacksonville or Tampa (ie play OSU/Mich/Penn St/USC/ ect) and consider it a neutral site for a conference game. Then the BIG gets to keep the TV revenue from the game. Then when FSU plays Indiana or Rutgers, just let them play it in Tallahassee. Seems like an easy loophole, so I'm probably wrong.
I am sure taking $50+ million dollars a year out of the local economy will go over well. Every game is an away game to play. Season tickets holders would be really happy I am sure and students have to shell hour $500+ to travel and get a hotel at each home game. And then they would have to do the same thing for basketball too and all the other sports.

Even if it was a loophole, they would lose more money doing it and probably destroy all their athletic programs too.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
There is no AAU requirement, unofficial or otherwise. There never was. Notre Dame could burn down its academic buildings and the BiG would still take them in a heartbeat.
Notre Dame is the exception to every rule.

Reaction Score
destroy all their athletic programs too.
There already seem to be enough people keen on doing that, to begin with regarding major college sports (ex: insane amounts of CR over the past few years).

Reaction Score
If FSU, Clemson, UNC and UVA all have their pick of SEC or B1G, it will be interesting to see which ones go where.

I would be shocked if all 4 land in the same conference. I'm guessing it will be a 2/2 split.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If FSU, Clemson, UNC and UVA all have their pick of SEC or B1G, it will be interesting to see which ones go where.

I would be shocked if all 4 land in the same conference. I'm guessing it will be a 2/2 split.
If they had their choice, I bet they'd choose SEC. Those 4 schools are all further south than all of the current Big 10 programs. The SEC is the place to be.

Reaction Score
UVA and UNC may consider themselves to be a closer academic match to the Big Ten schools.
Most likely, but Vandy, Florida, Texas, TAMU, Georgia - they're no slouches. Just as the old big east programs became outliers in the ACC, these schools would be outliers in the northern based Big 10. Risky. The Big 10 does sponser mens soccer and mens lacrosse though while the SEC does not. There are only 5 programs in ACC lacrosse and Johns Hopkins plays in the Big 10. I believe the ACC doesn't have a lax tournament because it doesn't have 6 minimum for an automatic qualifier. If UNC and Virginia leave, you might see Duke, SU, and ND in Big East Lax. Or Big 10! Both Big East and Big 10 currently have 6 lax programs.

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

GG

Reaction Score
Not a tweet, but Greg Flugar, who nailed the Big 12 story, is saying it’s not just Florida State and Clemson. Looking like UNC and Virginia could be looking for an exit strategy. The latter schools have not advanced as far as the former. Politics could be on play for both Virginia and UNC. As a reminder, VT went to the ACC thanks to VA. There is a possibility UNC is tied to NC State.

Greg has been discussing this move by FSU since last year. Time to admit he has some connections. He also takes the L when he is off on something realignment related.

Reaction Score
Not a tweet, but Greg Flugar, who nailed the Big 12 story, is saying it’s not just Florida State and Clemson. Looking like UNC and Virginia could be looking for an exit strategy. The latter schools have not advanced as far as the former. Politics could be on play for both Virginia and UNC. As a reminder, VT went to the ACC thanks to VA. There is a possibility UNC is tied to NC State.

Greg has been discussing this move by FSU since last year. Time to admit he has some connections. He also takes the L when he is off on something realignment related.
I know it might have been in play anyways but I'm sure the SMU move did not endear them

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The departing schools have agreed to forfeit a portion of distributions over the remainder of the 2023-2024 year and provide specific guarantees against potential future liabilities. The conference retains its assets and all future revenues.

I wonder what the details are.

CL82

Reaction Score

Hmm, this is a borderline key tweet since it is a direct quote of the A.D. It's fascinating to watch what's happening in the ACC. FSU could lose its lawsuit, ESPN could exercise its option, and it could continue through 2036 but it is a tender keg right now and no one seems particularly loyal to it, except perhaps the schools who have nowhere else to go who seem to be keeping their heads down and hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
Hmm, this is a borderline key tweet since it is a direct quote of the A.D. It's fascinating to watch what's happening in the ACC. FSU could lose its lawsuit, ESPN could exercise its option, and it could continue through 2036 but it is a tender keg right now and no one seems particularly loyal to it, except perhaps the schools who have nowhere else to go who seem to be keeping their heads down and hoping for the best.

Key tweet? Barely even newsworthy.
It would only be notable if an AD didn’t say this.

CL82

Reaction Score
Key tweet? Barely even newsworthy.
It would only be notable if an AD didn’t say this.
AD tweets are key tweets. If his answer was just "we're in the ACC" then it wouldn't be noteworthy, but "we're in the ACC but are keeping our heads on a swivel" is noteworthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom