Non-Key Tweets | Page 914 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Arizona probably cares about ASU. Utah probably cares about Utah State. I’ve said it a dozen times but Utah comes out a winner if it can get Utah State into the PAC. Aside from that it’s each for themselves. None of them are doing anything based on UConn

Utah could have made the Mountain West accept Utah State last decade if that was the hill they wanted to die with. I’m not sure what their thought process is, but I doubt it involves Utah State.

Reaction Score
If nobody else leaves, and the pac is getting 20 mil still, these schools could stay if they like the fit better. The bit in the B12 becomes better when you’re adding 3 other schools from their conference.
BY has complete control now, if it’s true about the $20m for PAC schools. He has the upper hand and gets what he wants. If he truly values UConn then this works in our favor. Fit is nice but at what cost - as we know so painfully.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I believe that the only possible concern Arizona may have would be their state board of regents telling them that they cannot accept an offer and leave ASU behind unless ASU chooses to be left behind (which may well be what tomorrow's regents meeting is about).
ASU made a huge move to expand into California and they are worried that leaving the PAC would kill applications there, so they are not all in on the BIG12. Their president also said they are making their decision completely independent of Arizona and that AZ going does not affect their decision. Who knows how truthful his words are, but they are making a big California push which would be hampered by leaving.

Reaction Score
BY does not have to go along with any tag along schools. He was hired for his expertise and he's already done the analysis. Pretty sure Utah does not fit into the business model and ASU isn't invited unless they're sure Washington/Oregon are off the board, or start asking for a back door escape clause. If they can get 3 more I don't understand why they wouldn't move forward. Who knows what happens between now and d-day for the PAC and ACC. Waiting is the bigger risk long term.

Reaction Score
I believe that the only possible concern Arizona may have would be their state board of regents telling them that they cannot accept an offer and leave ASU behind unless ASU chooses to be left behind (which may well be what tomorrow's regents meeting is about).
The meeting is only for 25 minutes. Whether it's this or allowing Arizona to leave without ASU, the decision has been made. They are just taking votes, like the CO meeting.

Reaction Score
Do they need both Oregon and Washington? Let's just say the Big 12 take Arizona, and UConn. You don't think that lights a fire under any other PAC school being considered with one more spot available?

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Back to pessimism. Arizona using its leverage to get Utah in over us makes sense. If you’re the B12, would you rather stick it to the 3 corner schools by adding only UConn, or give Arizona what it wants to secure their commitment? Assuming the Arizonas really won’t go without Utah? It makes sense that Arizona and Colorado would like the league to look west, not all the way up in New England…
I seriously doubt Utah is a determining factor, Arizona State is the only school they'd be pushing for in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Random thought. If the ACC added PAC schools they could change their name to the All Coast Conference and still be the ACC!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
BY has complete control now, if it’s true about the $20m for PAC schools. He has the upper hand and gets what he wants. If he truly values UConn then this works in our favor. Fit is nice but at what cost - as we know so painfully.
Not only is it $20 million, but it’s heavy streaming.

Reaction Score
Is this a case of rats on a sinking ship? Wouldn't each University President and AD look out for their school's own best interest?
I am sure UConn administration is doing everything they can to put themselves in the best possible position.

Very doubtful that Arizona is spending much time discussing Uconn- they are assessing their own situation
It's odd. I'd say the last thing the B12 should want is 5 members now in the Mountain Time Zone. 4 is too many if you ask me.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
200.gif
Greatest line in the history of movies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the reports of the PAC 9 deal of $20M/school plus subscribers bonus are true, it is not a terrible deal. The Big 12 deal is with ESPN, and I don’t know what ESPN will look like in 5 years. Apple is a sure thing.

Reaction Score
If the reports of the PAC 9 deal of $20M/school plus subscribers bonus are true, it is not a terrible deal. The Big 12 deal is with ESPN, and I don’t know what ESPN will look like in 5 years. Apple is a sure thing.
Gonna guess it is probably back loaded with incentives. They will get % of revenue per streaming sub etc. That's how I would sell it if I am the PAC. This is the only way to get some more upside than just $20M.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom