Non-Key Tweets | Page 861 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score

I’m pretty sure this guy pays for the blue check and not sure how reliable he is. He’s prob another GSwm

My God. You couldn't be more obvious in making up a quote if you tried. Even if it was credible that our boosters know something about this -- hint, it isn't -- the thought that a booster would not just answer a reporter's question but spew out what is clearly a press release focused not mostly on UConn but Yormark's basketball dreams for the future is absurd. Williams has now lost any credibility with me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My God. You couldn't be more obvious in making up a quote if you tried. Even if it was credible that our boosters know something about this -- hint, it isn't -- the thought that a booster would not just answer a reporter's question but spew out what is clearly a press release focused not mostly on UConn but Yormark's basketball dreams for the future is absurd. Williams has now lost any credibility with me.

It is out there in the booster community with both UConn boosters and Big 12 boosters. I don't think it is a done deal by any means, but someone is telling the boosters it is going to happen.

Reaction Score
I’m putting this is in non-key. Barry Tramel back on his bull s

I know it's an old article, but Berry Tramel is clueless when it comes to UConn. How can a legitimate reporter be so uninformed?

1) "If the Big 12 expands with Power Five programs, like the Four Corner schools or any Pac-12 school, then the television contract is prorated and every school is still going to get paid the same amount. That is not the truth for anyone from outside of the Power Five. "

FACT: The Baylor AD, who is the spokesperson for Yormark, said that a G5 school (we all know it's UConn) could get pro-rata.

2) "Connecticut football is nothing like Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, or UCF. Nothing like it. Those four schools, without Power Five resources, have built themselves up, have found a way to generate money to mostly keep up in facilitates, to be very competitive, and to make a national brand for themselves. Connecticut has not. The facilities are waning, the support is non-existent, and the brand is nothing. There is nothing to get excited about for Connecticut football".

FACT: We have a P5 Football Facility, hired a known coach, and went to a bowl game last year.

3) "Connecticut gets about a $50 million dollar subsidy from the university at-large and the AD said all it takes is for one president to not want to do that anymore and then they're $50 million in the hole and you're stuck with them. What do you do?"

FACT: We have a deficit because we don't get P5 money and ARE investing in our facilities and athletic programs.

Berry Tramel is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ya, and if they're only "Big East-ish," I doubt they'd have much knowledge regarding this kind of topic.
It sounds more credible than "I spoke with this guy I know who works in accounting at Atlantic 10 school."

Reaction Score
Based on conversations I’ve had with Big East-ish folks over the last few weeks, I haven’t talked to anybody who thinks UConn is really going to end up in the Big 12 in the immediate future.

But have you talked to anyone at UConn or the Big 12, Matt?

Hey Siri…

1689344489032.png

I like Matt Brown and think he puts out decent info on the industry overall but he didn’t exactly go out on a limb here.

Reaction Score
That guy really hates the state of Connecticut. I'm not sure if he's really dumb or has an odd agenda. Someone should ask him what his deal is.
His latest article was much more conciliatory.. essentially the ADs don't get it, but the trust in Yormarck:
Yormark mostly dodged direct questions. I asked him how much support there might be for a non-Power Five candidate.
“We have great collaboration with the board and our athletic directors,” Yormark said. “Obviously, there's lots of different routes you can take with expansion. As I said, we have a plan.

“But as it relates to a school that's a non-Power Five, if they create value and they align well with our goals and objectives, it's a conversation we'll consider having.”

Yormark said the presidents and athletic directors don’t always agree with him. Indeed, a Big 12 AD told me that after some meetings, after Yormark has left the room, the athletic directors scoff at some of his ideas. But they show him respect and they’ve come to learn that dismissing his ideas is not smart.
Yormark has proven to be prescient. What seems goofy today might be golden tomorrow.
For example, another AD said a non-Power Five isn’t necessarily a non-starter, but if a mid-major is selected, “it has to be the right one.”

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds