Non-Key Tweets | Page 852 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Apple could pay in order to keep the PAC together. Just looked into Apple TV to watch Ted Lasso and it did not seem like they had a lot of content. Noticed MLS.
Apple TV is definitely worth at least a month's subscription. IMHO, they're killing it at the moment with stuff I like. I went in due to some Pirates games and was going to cancel immediately, but decided to watch Ted Lasso, then stayed around for Shrinking and Severance. Now into Silo and Crowded Room. Slow Horses will be next.

The service I really have no use for is Peacock. Not that that has anything to do with the Pac12.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
And MLS costs extra.
...and the service sucks. Commentary pregame show is painful to watch. Went through the second level authentication BS twice with new phone number- what a scheisen show. That's necessary to watch a soccer game? Absurd. Really wanted to support and get into MLS, but cancelled 3 weeks into this season and asked for a refund. Nice work Apple. If the PAC is dependent on Apple for survival good luck with that.

Reaction Score
SWIAM...dude is backstepping after weeks of trash talk and hearing about the 3 year hold over PAC12 deal worth as much as BIG12.... interesting...

I've said this multiple times before, but will say it again more emphatically. I know Yormark wants the PST, but I'd really rather wait for the #ACC. Maybe two #Pac12 teams, but please no more than that. Besides, you'll be able to get them later for pennies on the dollar!!

If none of the #Pac12 teams leave, that is obviously a good deal for them now, but even they know the clock is ticking on the next TV deal already and if the #Ducks and #UDub get a #B1G invite (and they will), we'll be talking again unless the #ACC ends before then!! #MoreFun

Reaction Score
SWIAM...dude is backstepping after weeks of trash talk and hearing about the 3 year hold over PAC12 deal worth as much as BIG12.... interesting...

I've said this multiple times before, but will say it again more emphatically. I know Yormark wants the PST, but I'd really rather wait for the #ACC. Maybe two #Pac12 teams, but please no more than that. Besides, you'll be able to get them later for pennies on the dollar!!

If none of the #Pac12 teams leave, that is obviously a good deal for them now, but even they know the clock is ticking on the next TV deal already and if the #Ducks and #UDub get a #B1G invite (and they will), we'll be talking again unless the #ACC ends before then!! #MoreFun
Swiam is a tool. He has no legit info.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Man I remember Aresco pretty much giving us a big ephu when we left. I guess he's used to it now.

In any event Aresco should be remembered as the man who took a seven-figure paycheck and ran the conference into the ground. Some will say no one could've done better and while that may or may not be true it's hard to imagine someone doing significantly worse.

He gave away the best branding asset he had, the Big East name, and blue the dust off of the old CUSA game plan and rammed with it. It should've been no surprise that what he ended up with was a replication of CUSA. Leaving that conference was one of the best things conference realignment moves we have made.

Reaction Score
Man I remember Aresco pretty much giving us a big ephu when we left. I guess he's used to it now.

In any event Aresco should be remembered as the man who took a seven-figure paycheck and ran the conference into the ground. Some will say no one could've done better and while that may or may not be true it's hard to imagine someone doing significantly worse.

He gave away the best branding asset he had, the Big East name, and blue the dust off of the old CUSA game plan and rammed with it. It should've been no surprise that what he ended up with was a replication of CUSA. Leaving that conference was one of the best things conference realignment moves we have made.
Selling the BE name was an all time Blunder, but when all the schools getting called up to the P5 are from his league, he was onto something. He has AAC games on ABC. Any other G5 getting spots like that? It was always destined to fail because every school was looking to get called up. That was created when rhy went to BCS/non BCS then P5/G5. That honestly should not be allowed.

Reaction Score
We hate Aresco because we care about basketball. Which is why we’re still in the conference wilderness. Aresco wanted to push football as far as he could and ditching the name was part of it? And guess what? His strategy has worked damn well for all of the members who agree that it’s football first and second. Five are now P-5 and some, like Tulane and Navy, have had good years where they got more respect than they would have in other conferences.

It failed for us because we’re the only football member that wouldn’t have sold our basketball soul for football but wanted both,

Reaction Score
Apple could pay in order to keep the PAC together. Just looked into Apple TV to watch Ted Lasso and it did not seem like they had a lot of content. Noticed MLS.

And MLB. The Messi deal was paid for in part by Apple to fuel more subscribers.

Reaction Score

I agree… selling the big east name has turned out to be a very big blunder… that name carried power conference credibility

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom