Non-Key Tweets | Page 827 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this right along. FSU is more valuable to the Big10 than the SEC.
I wouldn't put much weight in anything Finebaum says, I mean he was adamant for years that Texas wouldn't join the SEC because of ego,pride, arrogance etc until they joined

Reaction Score
From what I viewed last week (I'll look for a link when I'm home and not using a cell phone) a 50% increase from where we were (not a small task) would have put us in line with some of the bottom AAU schools.
UConn's research dollars are above some of the lower tier AAU schools, but I would think research levels would need to almost double to be in the mix for AAU.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
Gonna say it again for everyone in the back playing with graphs and charts on Excel: Fox has already approved pro rata for the B12 to add specific teams so they will not get “only $20m” they will get the full share.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
Gonna say it again for everyone in the back playing with graphs and charts on Excel: Fox has already approved pro rata for the B12 to add specific teams so they will not get “only $20m” they will get the full share.
I only wish this guy was vaguely credible.

Reaction Score
UConn's research dollars are above some of the lower tier AAU schools, but I would think research levels would need to almost double to be in the mix for AAU.
We can do that if UConn and the state of Connecticut make a commitment and follow through. The state would benefit so much. The last president, Thomas Katsouleas, wanted to double research.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We can do that if UConn and the state of Connecticut make a commitment and follow through. The state would benefit so much. The last president, Thomas Katsouleas, wanted to double research.
I'm pretty sure that the AAU is looking at federally funded research. State of Connecticut rules require us to pay a premium for labor, which makes our grant requests less attractive.

Reaction Score
AAU is another old boys club run by the same people that control conference realignment. They have to pick you to be in their club. UConn could win the next 500 NCAA titles and increase research by 500% and we'll still be on the outside looking in for some new made up BS reason like our student body doesn't wear enough striped shirts on Tuesdays, so sorry we're inviting Louisville instead.

Reaction Score
AAU is another old boys club run by the same people that control conference realignment. They have to pick you to be in their club. UConn could win the next 500 NCAA titles and increase research by 500% and we'll still be on the outside looking in for some new made up BS reason like our student body doesn't wear enough striped shirts on Tuesdays, so sorry we're inviting Louisville instead.
Have some hope. Utah and Cal Santa Cruz are among the newest AAU members. These aren't nationally elite universities just universities which have pushed research in recent years. Two likely schools that may follow in the next few years are Florida State and UConn.

Reaction Score
Have some hope. Utah and Cal Santa Cruz are among the newest AAU members. These aren't nationally elite universities just universities which have pushed research in recent years. Two likely schools that may follow in the next few years are Florida State and UConn.
UConn is far behind many schools is the problem. Even if on average they are on par with current AAU schools, they still lag in general.

Non AAU ahead of UConn (just a sample there's many more):
#42 Arizona State
#44 UAB
#51 Cincinnati
#53 NC State
#54 Virginia Tech
#57 Georgia
#64 Kentucky
#68 USF

etc.

#88 Connecticut

For reference "new members" Utah #47 and Cal Santa Cruz #142 (seems like they got in because of the Cal old boys club.)

Reaction Score
Could it also be that current AAU members look not just at the ranking in federal research dollars but other factors, such as the quality and impact of the research, when selecting new members.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 4h
Aware conference realignment talk this week has been about #Pac12 teams leaving for the #Big12 and #B1G, but we interrupt this show for some #ACC news. We can confirm that Louisville not only has a B12 invite (duh?), but when the ACC ends #CardNation is likely a B12 member

SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 43m
Those asking who the #B1G wants from the #ACC and #Pac12, I'll tell you what our longest B10 source told us... "If you're not AAU accredited, DO NOT apply." Then take teams out the #SEC wants and that tells you who's available. Only six ACC teams are AAU and B10 only wants three.

SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 37m
#ACC teams that have invites to the #B1G can't turn it down, even if they don't get release, as over the next thirteen years #Clemson and #FSU will be making roughly a BILLION dollars less over that time than #Rutgers and #Northwestern. Of course that's not remotely acceptable!!

SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 32m
And three #ACC teams makes sense, as you all know the #B1G saving a spot for #NotreDame. Less talk about the #Ducks and #UDub this week, but I believe they're still in the mix, but if the B10 can get ND and three ACC teams to get to 20, the #Pac12 teams are out.

Reaction Score
I've heard the Monty people say Oregon State is in the mix before. Tonight they mentioned that program again.

Nine minutes in:

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
57m
Gonna have envoys from the Rockies and the desert here at the B12 meetings in West-by-God Virginia.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
24m
Also-though much quieter-there will be some zig-Zagging happening this week as well I’m my home state. Might even see a Huskie or two.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
57m
Gonna have envoys from the Rockies and the desert here at the B12 meetings in West-by-God Virginia.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
24m
Also-though much quieter-there will be some zig-Zagging happening this week as well I’m my home state. Might even see a Husky or two.

Gotta believe AD David Benedict has at least been trying to move into Yormack's house.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
57m

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
24m
Also-though much quieter-there will be some zig-Zagging happening this week as well I’m my home state. Might even see a Husky or two.

Without looking or knowing, this has be held at the Greenbrier. Otherwise there is no reason to have a conference in that state.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom