Non-Key Tweets | Page 688 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Not a non-key tweet but neither are most of the posts here :

Last night I dreamt that UConn had a press conference to announce our membership in the B12. Can't quite recall who was at the podium, but they started crying before getting the words out, so there was a moment of terror like - is she going to say that we are out? But then someone yelled "we're in!" and everyone cheered and we all celebrated. It was pretty cool.

Note : I'm 0-1 so far on CR dreams (my PAC 12 dream from a couple years ago has thus far not panned out)

Posts like this are exactly why I come to the Boneyard...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Need JJ Abrams to reboot the honor code.
Did you think of this after watching the new South Park? That's what immediately came to my mind after reading it.

Reaction Score
File this under meaningless, but I'll post it anyways.

I just saw a banner ad here for K-State Women's Hoop advertising a game against our 4 time defending champs. At least there is some awareness. I probably saw the banner because I am in the KC area.

Reaction Score
Would be a nice indicator, though thinking the Car Wash might be more plugged in than this

File this under meaningless, but I'll post it anyways.

I just saw a banner ad here for K-State Women's Hoop advertising a game against our 4 time defending champs. At least there is some awareness. I probably saw the banner because I am in the KC area.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that it's really quiet out there? Twitter is pretty silent on CR. The CNSbbs board is radio silence. Reddit is silent. There's just nothing being said. It feels a little like the calm before the storm.

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that it's really quiet out there? Twitter is pretty silent on CR. The CNSbbs board is radio silence. Reddit is silent. There's just nothing being said. It feels a little like the calm before the storm.

I've noticed that David Benedict hasn't tweeted anything since Sept. 10 and Beth Goetz hasn't tweeted anything since since Sept. 12. For example, no congrats on the football win. I find it strange. Unless they were told not to tweet. Warde Manuel never tweeted.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Warde was too busy #monitoring and #eatingdonuts and #drinkingpinacoladas to tweet.

Thank you for changing your avatar. Ever time I saw one of your posts, I had to look away. It was like staring into a blank abyss. I felt if I stared too long, I would sink to The Dude's level.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Thank you for changing your avatar. Ever time I saw one of your posts, I had to look away. It was like staring into a blank abyss. I felt if I stared too long, I would sink to The Dude's level.

You're welcome. But I can't imagine you like seeing Peter Griffin's voluminous breasts too much more.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You're welcome. But I can't imagine you like seeing Peter Griffin's voluminous breasts too much more.
At least it's not a picture of Diego dabbing sweat from under Peter's man fold.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
1awgdd.jpg

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
redhawk on Landtheives CR thread said:
So...I got some great information this past weekend from some of my friends. My old connected friend, really gave up some stuff. Now, his stuff is really old and what was happening behind the scenes. But the stuff I got all sort of fit together. The important part is where David Boren's thoughts are (or were anyway), along with the regents (again, maybe past tense, and things change)

1) the OU + OSU move to the PAC that OU accepted on the offer from Larry Scott, that fell through, when the PAC schools balked on just OU+OSU, really embarrassed Boren and left him looking very bad (we know that...pretty obvious). But this embarrassment, has made Boren very cautious when looking at other conferences. He doesn't want it to happen again.

Also...it burnt a bridge to the PAC. First, folks in the know at OU, now believe that any PAC expansion will be blocked and killed, and it just won't happen. Too many schools fear replacing games with schools in California with games not in California, that they won't be expanding, maybe ever again (well, ever's a long time and things change...) EVEN though the same schools are very concerned about falling far behind the B1G and the SEC in revenue and even the ACC to some extent.

2) Boren and OU are committed to: TEXAS (not OSU first). They think that much of the growth of OU as a university and athletically over the years has been because of the Big 12...and specifically because OU has been tied to Texas in the Big 12 South. Those Powers that Be, think OU+Texas is the way to go. OU is committed to Texas, and they fully believe that commitment is reciprocated by Texas.

3) When I asked if they were committed to Texas over Oklahoma St, they said "right now, and in perfect world it's all three together". Where ever we move Boren wants to keep all 3 in the same conference.

4) Which obviously brings up problems. There is only 4 other Power Conferences. If the PAC isn't or can't expand you are down to 3.

5) Which brings us to OU looking to other conferences. Let's start with the oldest thing in the timeline. Nebraska on behalf of the Big Ten, approached OU about joining the Big Ten along with Kansas. They (specifically Osborne) thought that we (OU) needed to break away from Texas and we'd be better off without UT. Because of the mind set at OU (see #2) we weren't really receptive to this suggestion. (from another KU connected friend) KU said that they couldn't be the first (or next I guess) to leave the Big 12, because they share a board with K-State. The conference situation would have to be close to having only a few spots left for KU to take the last seat before they could jeopardize leaving K-state in lower level conference. We left this with the price of admission to the Big Ten was OU+OSU. As folks keep in contact in the academic world, it seems the Big Ten have been verbally open to the price of OU+OSU, but when we approached them this summer while not saying "never" they didn't say "yes" either (see #1)....but seemed to leave the impression that they might take OSU if it meant getting Texas and Oklahoma. (see #3).

6) ESPN really tried to get a group from the Big 12 into the ACC (where ESPN controls all the TV rights) in 2015. My friend knew OU officials looked at it and ran numbers. I said who would be in the group moving, but he wasn't for sure how many, but that it would have included OU, OSU, and Texas, and maybe many more. ESPN would guarantee UT, their payout from the LHN deal, and would have used the LHN as ACC network channel. In the end, OU officials didn't like the travel as they thought it would be a lot, and they weren't really impressed with the money ESPN was offering. OU thought it was a little on the low ball side. So that was turned down.

7) this Summer, OU approached the SEC about joining. It was OU+OSU (I've written this a couple of times). What came back, was the SEC didn't want just OU+OSU. They might consider OSU in a package, that included OU and Texas, if it meant getting OU+Texas combo. Texas wasn't and isn't so keen on the idea of the SEC. Boren isn't 100% on the SEC either because of academics. BUT....OU was given assurances, again, that we still have a standing invitation to join the SEC on our own, if we want it. (see #3)

8) One of the ideas from the TV people is that they saw future of college football won't be in conferences, or even "super-conferences" but rather in NFL like cooperatives or conglomerates. The PAC and the Big want Texas TV, but the PAC maybe CAN'T expand, and UT may not want to be so far on the fringe. The idea is there would be no conferences for football, just one or two large divisions for the Power 5 schools, but there would be for the other sports were playing regional rivals is more important especially for travel costs. The suggestion is one of the football divisions would be controlled by ESPN (SEC & ACC schools). The other division would be of B1G, PAC & B12 schools mainly controlled/supported by Fox, and the PAC & B1G networks. The tricky part on this concept right now, is OU is a Fox school at the moment, and Texas is obviously a ESPN school. By the way, I saw a national reporter on twitter talking about a cooperative for the G5 schools....so it's going be floated a lot over the next few years. (sorry didn't save who) There is time to chew this over and work out the details and who would be in, and who wouldn't be, but this idea seemed to easy some anxiety about the future from the Big 12 dwarves and the concept was well received.

It's not a key tweet, but thought it belonged here. This guy supposedly a friend with someone on the inside in Norman. It's a good read. Take it with a grain of salt, but much of it seems plausible. I know the whole OSU to Big10 thing seems way out there, but Texas is the big prize. It was the big prize back in 2011 and still is today. I can see them taking OSU to get Texas.

Reaction Score
It's not a key tweet, but thought it belonged here. This guy supposedly a friend with someone on the inside in Norman. It's a good read. Take it with a grain of salt, but much of it seems plausible. I know the whole OSU to Big10 thing seems way out there, but Texas is the big prize. It was the big prize back in 2011 and still is today. I can see them taking OSU to get Texas.
Texas wants a ND type of deal. We know how the B1g thinks of that. It's the acc or pac 12 for the Longhorns.

Reaction Score
Duff, Duff, Duff...

Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 3h 3 hours ago
Last year, only 3 schools had baseball, football & both baseball teams in postseason play or bowl games: Miami, Texas A&M & @UConn

When it comes to women's basketball, there's @UConnWBB & then there's everyone else. Hoping @Big12Expansion takes that into account. @UConn

Six Bowl Games for @UConn since going to Division 1 in 2002. Impressive. But @Big12Expansion could mean a whole lot more of those.

Duff back on the stump...

Attn Big 12: From Storrs to East Hartford to Yankee Stadium, 1 million+ fans come out to cheer annually for @UConn's 24 Division 1 teams.

Don't forget @UConn field hockey has 4 national titles and men's soccer has 3. @Big12Expansion would gain a school-wide winning tradition.

Reaction Score
Duff back on the stump...

Attn Big 12: From Storrs to East Hartford to Yankee Stadium, 1 million+ fans come out to cheer annually for @UConn's 24 Division 1 teams.

Don't forget @UConn field hockey has 4 national titles and men's soccer has 3. @Big12Expansion would gain a school-wide winning tradition.
Every time I read about all of those successes it reminds me how preposterous the ACC was in whiffing on UConn. UConn is perfect for the ACC, almost ready for the B1G, but not what the Big 12 is looking for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom