Non-Key Tweets | Page 816 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I guess will find out. Not sure how Nebraska is worth more, now. But they are. But also irrelevant.
Look at tv ratings for Nebraska games. They always perform strong no matter their record.

Reaction Score
I don’t either. Like I said earlier, UNC is worth more to the SEC and FSU is worth more to the Big10. I think FSU can grow more as a whole university in the Big10 as they would not be overshadowed by the other southern schools.

SEC - UNC, UVA and Clemson
Big10 - FSU, GTU and Miami/ND if they are ready
Big12 - NCST, Va Tech and Miami (if available)
Either could work & neither fits perfectly but the SEC would be a home run for the football program financially. We have way more in common with UGA,UF,TEN etc than any school in the B1G

Reaction Score
I don’t either. Like I said earlier, UNC is worth more to the SEC and FSU is worth more to the Big10. I think FSU can grow more as a whole university in the Big10 as they would not be overshadowed by the other southern schools.

SEC - UNC, UVA and Clemson
Big10 - FSU, GTU and Miami/ND if they are ready
Big12 - NCST, Va Tech and Miami (if available)
UNC and UVA will have to find homes for multiple Olympic sports if they join the SEC. We aren’t talking one or two sports. The B1G would provide a home for all of their Olympic sports. Not to mention the academic/research benefits of being in the B1G. Having said that, I don’t think UNC or UVA are the top targets for the B1G. With a 24 team conference, yes. But if the goal is 20, I’m not so sure.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Either could work & neither fits perfectly but the SEC would be a home run for the football program financially. We have way more in common with UGA,UF,TEN etc than any school in the B1G
Culturally, absolutely! NC still has that southern feel. Athletically you probably are more inline with the SEC, especially the revenue sports. As said above, UVA and UNC would have to find homes for many of its Olympic sports programs. I think UVA is athletically more an Big10 school now. Academically, I think they both would fit in with the Big10 schools better.

My guess is there are several forces at play, but the forces that really count (donors, revenue sports) are for the SEC.

If the ACC is going to break up, there needs to be equitable division of the top programs between the SEC and Big10. The Big10 will not take leftovers. They will need either UNC or FSU

I will stipulate that the above is just my opinion and someone who knows the schools better than I will have a greater insight.

Reaction Score
Culturally, absolutely! NC still has that southern feel. Athletically you probably are more inline with the SEC, especially the revenue sports. As said above, UVA and UNC would have to find homes for many of its Olympic sports programs. I think UVA is athletically more an Big10 school now. Academically, I think they both would fit in with the Big10 schools better.

My guess is there are several forces at play, but the forces that really count (donors, revenue sports) are for the SEC.

If the ACC is going to break up, there needs to be equitable division of the top programs between the SEC and Big10. The Big10 will not take leftovers. They will need either UNC or FSU

I will stipulate that the above is just my opinion and someone who knows the schools better than I will have a greater insight.
By my count UNC would need to find homes for lacrosse (M/W), soccer (M) ,field hockey, wrestling & rowing. I personally don't think it would be a hard as some think the A-10 & CAA could be landing spots for all except wrestling. Both cover prime recruiting areas also

Reaction Score
UNC and UVA will have to find homes for multiple Olympic sports if they join the SEC. We aren’t talking one or two sports. The B1G would provide a home for all of their Olympic sports. Not to mention the academic/research benefits of being in the B1G. Having said that, I don’t think UNC or UVA are the top targets for the B1G. With a 24 team conference, yes. But if the goal is 20, I’m not so sure.
I was surprised to see that only Kentucky and South Carolina play men's soccer. Those 2 along with West Virginia play soccer in the Sun Belt.

PAC 12 Soccer:
Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Oregon State, SDSU

Reaction Score
What is that?
UConn always gets screwed.

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
I’ve got news but can’t leak it yet. As soon as I’m allowed to it’ll be up. Murky version is: ducks are in a row but the can is getting kicked down the road.

Reaction Score

My prediction is better:

Little Red Riding Hood had a problem with the Husky. First, she exclaimed, "He's too scary!" Then she said, "He's too friendly." After spending some time with the Husky, she finally realized that he was not dangerous at all, and exclaimed, "Ahhh, he's just right!" She happily walked with him until she reached her grandma's house. It seems that from April 28th to May 17th, the Husky is just the right companion. Remember to stay aware of your surroundings!

Reaction Score
My interpretation: Oregon is in, but Saskatchewan (CANada) is on the fence.
My interpretation. Same with Oregon, but the “in a row” could be with neighbors Wahington and Stanford to the Big Ten. But the “CAN” kicked down the road could be the Big 12, which you can get from Chicago on Rt. 66. Yeah, that’s it. And the “CAN” schools going are Colorado, Arizona and/or Arizona State, and Utah RunniNg Utes. Yep.

As for the porridge one. I guess it’s not the Big Ten, since the new commissioner isn’t starting until May 15. Don’t know why the date range supplied is “just right.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
I’ve got news but can’t leak it yet. As soon as I’m allowed to it’ll be up. Murky version is: ducks are in a row but the can is getting kicked down the road.
Translation: Oregon is in but UConn (when you think you can’t, yes UCann) we’ll have to wait until future expansion to get into the Big Ten.

I mean, it’s so obvious!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Dice Man presented nursery rhymes? Hmm, I did not know that. By Georgie . . .
That's what got him his initial notoreity. And early it was pretty much all the funny he had. I saw him in the late 80s at the Treehouse in Westport. After he was done opening with the nursey rhymes (which he took from ventriloquist Otto Petersen), it was mostly all obscene, degrading crowd work. It was awful. Sidenote is that Johnny RIzzo opened for him. Now that guy is a hardcore comic - 40 years at it and never hit the big time. On that night, he was funnier than Dice.

Reaction Score
Sidenote is that Johnny RIzzo opened for him. Now that guy is a hardcore comic - 40 years at it and never hit the big time. On that night, he was funnier than Dice.

Grew up in Bridgeport, in the Hollow area near me, I believe. Anyone know?

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim
BREAKING:
@Kliavkoff now fighting a war on top fronts, as new #B1G Commissioner Tony Petitti is coming for the #Ducks and #UDub and it's priority number one...and "very soon", according to Indianapolis and Chicago B10 sources.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim
The #ACC will have their grant of rights challenged by #Clemson and #FSU (and possibly others) "before the new football season begins", according to one ACC region media source. We'll quote him when his story pops next week!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom