Non-Key Tweets | Page 680 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
My take on Bowlsby's comments? As OU Contacts have told us since July 21st...Bowlsby & Boren going for whole (4) enchilada.

Bowlsby & Boren's ultimate goal is to be as attractive as possible to new media interest in 2024...to save Big 12. Grow Bandwidth....Brand

Aron Buch ‏@AB670 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire Do you think the schools that are chosen will surprise main stream media...ie: if only 2 one of them is UConn?

@AB670 I believe an Expansion to 14...UH/BYU/UC/UConn will quickly grow into conventional wisdom as we get closer to OCT 17.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Don't look now but TigerBronco is back with at least (most?) a glimmer of hope. Hmm. Is the Big XII still racist? Is Fred Smith's back still turned? Does Smith's money revert back to not being a national embarrassment for Memphis? Inquiring minds, TB. Inquiring minds.

C. Austin Cox‏@C_Austin_Cox 5h5 hours ago
C. Austin Cox Retweeted Shea Sowell

#Memphis fans noticing ESPN went from UM is out of #Big12Expansion to "status unknown". Almost mid-Sept. #GoTigersGohttps://twitter.com/SheaSowell/status/774270223847395329…

C. Austin Cox added,

Shea Sowell @SheaSowell
@C_Austin_Cox ESPN is reporting now that Memphis is unknown as a candidate as far as the ticker goes. Could be a mistake could be backtrack

Reaction Score
Don't look now but TigerBronco is back with at least (most?) a glimmer of hope. Hmm. Is the Big XII still racist? Is Fred Smith's back still turned? Does Smith's money revert back to not being a national embarrassment for Memphis? Inquiring minds, TB. Inquiring minds.

#Memphis fans noticing ESPN went from UM is out of #Big12Expansion to "status unknown". Almost mid-Sept. #GoTigersGohttps://twitter.com/SheaSowell/status/774270223847395329…

C. Austin Cox added,

Shea Sowell @SheaSowell
@C_Austin_Cox ESPN is reporting now that Memphis is unknown as a candidate as far as the ticker goes. Could be a mistake could be backtrack

Then AP got it wrong too...AP Source: Memphis, Temple cut from Big 12 expansion field

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

C. Austin Cox added,

Shea Sowell @SheaSowell
Those poor saps.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Every school that presented in Dallas this week has been reported on. Memphis has not been mentioned, do you need any other evidence?
I checked ESPN's website and there is no mention of a backtrack.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This Shea Sowell is a funny character. He's the one that earned the Twitter response "I don't know how else to say it. Memphis is out." from Calkins the other day.

Reaction Score
I checked ESPN's website and there is no mention of a backtrack.
There's a screenshot of an on-air ESPN graphic where it lists the 11 schools presenting and at the bottom is says "Status of Memphis unknown". It also says at the top that the info was based on a Sept. 1 report.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
There's a screenshot of an on-air ESPN graphic where it lists the 11 schools presenting and at the bottom is says "Status of Memphis unknown". It also says at the top that the info was based on a Sept. 1 report.
Ha, that was before the ESPN article from last week on the 2nd eliminating them.

Reaction Score
Ha, that was before the ESPN article from last week on the 2nd eliminating them.
Yeah, I'm not saying the Memphis fans have anything to stand on in reality, but that's what they're hanging their hat on today. Let's be honest, if UConn were in the same spot, some of us absolutely would be doing the same thing.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I truly believe that ESPN, FOX, and the Big 12 are conspiring to expand but also milk every last webpage view they can.

Reaction Score
Every school that presented in Dallas this week has been reported on. Memphis has not been mentioned, do you need any other evidence?
they wouldn't have to present....if they were already in :-O

Reaction Score
Actually now that I think about it, did anyone confirm when BYU presented or did I miss it?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not saying the Memphis fans have anything to stand on in reality, but that's what they're hanging their hat on today. Let's be honest, if UConn were in the same spot, some of us absolutely would be doing the same thing.
We've been through this circus a couple of times. I was pissed about UL because that looked like the last lifeboat, this is a second kick at the cat.

Reaction Score
Doubt it. Weve been through this with Louisville and the ACC. There is no comfort in pretending. C Austin Cox is nothing but a Memphis fan.

Then again, with the way people round here believe the Big 10, has us on lay away you may be right.

Reaction Score
Actually now that I think about it, did anyone confirm when BYU presented or did I miss it?

Pretty sure they started with this. They wanted to prove they were opened minded. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Doubt it. Weve been through this with Louisville and the ACC. There is no comfort in pretending. C Austin Cox is nothing but a Memphis fan.

Then again, with the way people round here believe the Big 10, has us on lay away you may be right.

It is sad and pathetic what conference realignment is doing to fanbases. I look for the day they get rid of all conferences and every team simply go out and get their own media deal vs. conferences acting like mafia gangs like today.

Reaction Score
Maybe Sen. Duff can do a guest piece for the Courant:

Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 16m16 minutes ago
Coach Diaco telling @UConn freshman, "You are the light." He's ready for the national stage of the @Big12Conference
View attachment 15442
Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 17m 17 minutes ago
.@UConn opened a new dorm this year w/ new science building next. Not resting on laurels. Big 12 could use another school w/ ambitious goals

Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 16m 16 minutes ago
Conference strength is not just about athletics. Academics is crucial and @UConn just welcomed the brightest freshman class in 135 years.

Duff, Duff, Duff...

Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 3h 3 hours ago
Last year, only 3 schools had baseball, football & both baseball teams in postseason play or bowl games: Miami, Texas A&M & @UConn

When it comes to women's basketball, there's @UConnWBB & then there's everyone else. Hoping @Big12Expansion takes that into account. @UConn

Six Bowl Games for @UConn since going to Division 1 in 2002. Impressive. But @Big12Expansion could mean a whole lot more of those.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom