Non-Key Tweets | Page 677 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Wait, so Kelly's not just another whiny do nothing like a few too many others, not someone others actually want to socialize with, incapable of getting involved to improve alumni events, nor even able to pick up the phone or shoot off a well intended, helpful email suggesting possible improvements, better locations, etc.? Nah, impossible in Boston or elsewhere in New England. :rolleyes:

Alumni Networks | UConn Alumni

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's jump all over our UConn Boston Alumni chapter because of one dudes purely anecdotal evidence.

I'd rather wait to see Alumni Stadium in November before we judge our Boston alumni, but that's just me.
I will be at that game, hopefully it'd be a good turn out.

Reaction Score
I'm one of those Boston area alumni and I don't go to those watch parties. The hold them at the Greatest Bar, which I think is a pretty lousy bar, in the North End/Boston Garden area. It's a horrible place for anyone living outside the city and T. They need a car friendly location for these things.
I agree. My wife is a PSU alum and they do all their games at the Greatest Bar. We stopped going after we bought a house in the burbs for the exact reason you stated, even though they do a great job organizing and the turnout is phenomenal. The March Madness games I've been to with the UConn Alum has been at a bar in Fenway, and those have great attendance. I just think it goes back to not many care about our football team.

Reaction Score
My friend lives in the Dallas area (Plano) and had a watch party for one at his local sports bar, Scruffie McDuffie's. He asked them to throw on UConn-Maine and he said they looked at him like he had six heads then laughed at him when we were losing 21-14. Guess who had the last laugh ;)
Did UConn cover? If not the people who had money on Maine probably had the last laugh.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Did UConn cover? If not the people who had money on Maine probably had the last laugh.

They did not come close to covering. I don't bet but all my friends do and sometimes they'll ask my opinion. We all said Maine was the lock of the day. UConn was -27.5. We can't score 28 points let alone score 28 points more than someone else. So in that sense my friend had the last laugh twice.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
David Williams@DavidWWilliams 2 hours ago
You asked, @geoff_calkins answers: On Big 12 anger, denial and conspiracy theories
On Big 12 anger, denial and conspiracy theories
I think Geoff knows we are in:

Dear Geoff,

In terms of what the Big 12 does next, what should we root for?

Mike

Dear Mike,

Root for continued incompetence, bumbling and ridicule. Beyond that, root for the Big 12 to decide not to expand at all. That would be a fitting ending to the entire charade. Plus, it would leave Connecticut and Cincinnati on the basketball schedule, which is the best thing that could happen at this point.

Reaction Score
This is the greatest read. It's good to know that their delusional fans aren't just limited to twitter.

I'm sure "ours" will give the UM fans a run for their money if the unthinkable happens to us. This place will be one thing - the Htfd Courant comment section will only be able to be read under the influence.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm one of those Boston area alumni and I don't go to those watch parties. The hold them at the Greatest Bar, which I think is a pretty lousy bar, in the North End/Boston Garden area. It's a horrible place for anyone living outside the city and T. They need a car friendly location for these things.
Yep, Jake N Joes in Waltham would be perfect.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sure "ours" will give the UM fans a run for their money if the unthinkable happens to us. This place will be one thing - the Htfd Courant comment section will only be able to be read under the influence.
Mmmm, it'd be different. More woe is us, screwed again than the alien kidnap conspiracy theory flavor that is Memphis fans.

Reaction Score
The problem with a car-friendly place is it just about eliminates all alumni and fans who live in the city itself, like me. Not to mention those who want to go to the watch party and drink without having to worry about driving home after. That said, I agree Greatest Bar is a stupid bar and crappy location. There are good options still in the city or nearby areas where they could have this and make it accessible for everyone. They held a Final Four watch party in 2009 at Joshua Tree in Allston, that area would seemingly work well as it's on the train and multiple bus lines as well as having ample street parking for anyone driving in. Plus it's far enough on the outskirts of the city that you don't have to weave through downtown by car to get there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The problem with a car-friendly place is it just about eliminates all alumni and fans who live in the city itself, like me. Not to mention those who want to go to the watch party and drink without having to worry about driving home after. That said, I agree Greatest Bar is a stupid bar and crappy location. There are good options still in the city or nearby areas where they could have this and make it accessible for everyone. They held a Final Four watch party in 2009 at Joshua Tree in Allston, that area would seemingly work well as it's on the train and multiple bus lines as well as having ample street parking for anyone driving in. Plus it's far enough on the outskirts of the city that you don't have to weave through downtown by car to get there.

That would be much better. It's unfortunate that the old Sports Depot (now Pizzeria Regina) isn't open.

Reaction Score
I have to disagree on the point that "there is plenty of street parking" near that spot in Allston. Most of the street spots are resident only. My wife used to live a couple of blocks down from there when we were dating, it was terrible to find parking.

I think the best spot would be somewhere on the outskirts of the city where it's still accessible by T for city living alums but also drivable and parking for those living outside like me. It might sound crazy but Malden would be a great place with orange line and ample parking. Or somewhere in Quincy for south shore people.

Reaction Score
I have to disagree on the point that "there is plenty of street parking" near that spot in Allston. Most of the street spots are resident only. My wife used to live a couple of blocks down from there when we were dating, it was terrible to find parking.

I think the best spot would be somewhere on the outskirts of the city where it's still accessible by T for city living alums but also drivable and parking for those living outside like me. It might sound crazy but Malden would be a great place with orange line and ample parking. Or somewhere in Quincy for south shore people.
There are numerous meters up and down Comm Ave as well as non-resident parking on side streets all within a five-minute walk of that place. But it's not there anymore so it's irrelevant, but in the Allston area there are some options such as Tavern In The Square around the corner. A little harder to find parking, but definitely walkable from the Comm Ave meters. Sports Depot was great, despite being a bit far from the train. There used to be groups of fans from various colleges around the country that would congregate there on Saturdays to watch their games.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

C'mon, everyone knows we have that double secret invite from the B1G anyways.

Reaction Score
Florida State had a spot that their alumni association set up on campus at BC with a huge tent etc. BC and cops made them take it down supposedly. A ton of their alumnia actually partied pre-game at the sports bar in the Copley Marriot lobby. It worked well and you can just hop on the green line in coply or tyake a cab up to the game.

sadly, there is no easy answer, but FSU had a couple hundred people at the Marriot.

Reaction Score
Florida State had a spot that their alumni association set up on campus at BC with a huge tent etc. BC and cops made them take it down supposedly. A ton of their alumnia actually partied pre-game at the sports bar in the Copley Marriot lobby. It worked well and you can just hop on the green line in coply or tyake a cab up to the game.

sadly, there is no easy answer, but FSU had a couple hundred people at the Marriot.
Yeah you can't just show up and tailgate at BC without a permit. There are bars in the Cleveland Circle area you could organize an event at as well that people who drove up from CT for the day could attend.

Reaction Score
Yeah you can't just show up and tailgate at BC without a permit. There are bars in the Cleveland Circle area you could organize an event at as well that people who drove up from CT for the day could attend.
I attended the BC-UConn hockey game last winter with the UConn Alum group and they had set up to meet at City Sports bar in Cleveland Circle beforehand. They rented out the second floor, had giveaways and raffles I believe, it was well organized and had good attendance of about 30-40 people. I think BC will always draw because it's local.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I was at Ruth's Chris after the game and there were more than a few FSU fans in the area that evening. They travel well.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
40 days and 2 hours...tick, tick, tick...

1. UH 2. BYU 3. UC 4. UCONN

Chances of expansion 70%. Chances of taking ESPN/Fox money to not expand 30%. Chance of adding 4 instead of 2 10%.

Chance a disgruntled fan base raids B12 HQ in Dallas 1000%.

UH 100%. BYU 70%. UC 20%. UCONN 10%.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
So the final interviews are ongoing and these will really decide if we add 13 and 14.

I'm no Houston supporter but they have had some impressive ratings when playing P5 schools. It's being drummed to death.

ME: As the Flug would say, whiplash. :D

Reaction Score
40 days and 2 hours...tick, tick, tick...

1. UH 2. BYU 3. UC 4. UCONN

Chances of expansion 70%. Chances of taking ESPN/Fox money to not expand 30%. Chance of adding 4 instead of 2 10%.

Chance a disgruntled fan base raids B12 HQ in Dallas 1000%.

UH 100%. BYU 70%. UC 20%. UCONN 10%.

So the final interviews are ongoing and these will really decide if we add 13 and 14.

I'm no Houston supporter but they have had some impressive ratings when playing P5 schools. It's being drummed to death.

ME: As the Flug would say, whiplash. :D

The dude is clueless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom