Non-Key Tweets | Page 676 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I love the super booster reasoning: "I like SMU because my daughter went there."

Geography may be an easy out for an old guy like Pickens who doesn't want BYU for other reasons.

Agreed. It also might be that Pickens is applying the old school line of thinking where conferences typically consisted of similar schools located reasonably close to each other. Now it's about expanding the conference footprint.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
New BTM info per OU Contacts

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
BTM:OU Contacts "Perception remains that there is no inkling of a building consensus behind two candidates (EXP). Support is splintered"

BTM:OU Contacts "Houston is polarizing candidate for multiple reasons. Texas has to choose a side, ESPN (fight for 12) or UH (a nod to 14)"

BTM: OU Contact "FOX needs to eat to support Big 12 expansion. Eating for FOX is NOT staying out of Eastern Timezone in Big 12 Expansion."

BTM:OU Contact "It's going to take some pain but we see pure inertia making UC/UConn/UH/BYU finally happen. Economics and Academics."

So yes. The same.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Sep 2
Fwiw most these schools fans are just getting their hopes up for no reason. It will be BYU and UC for 11 and 12. Uconn,UCF/USF, UH 13,14

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
Looks like most are accepting that if the B12 expands BYU & UH are the picks. @the_LGG know that a week ago:

Reaction Score
Flug keeps doubling down and doubling down. I'm not sure I believe any of his shtick but he's consistent at least.

Reaction Score
Flug keeps doubling down and doubling down. I'm not sure I believe any of his shtick but he's consistent at least.
There's something to be said for his consistency. Whether he's right or wrong who the hell knows, but the way this has played out would give anyone with real inside info (which we don't know if he or anyone actually has) reason to say the story has changed 50 times in the last week. But he's been sticking to those four pretty much since the B12 announced they were going through this whole process. Meanwhile Dude, MH3, and all of these other buffoons on here have predicted every combination of school from the lot of Memphis, UCF, USF, Colorado State, BYU, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, Squirrel Gap Community College, and Air Force. We'll see if he's right, but give the guy credit for sticking to his story.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There's something to be said for his consistency. Whether he's right or wrong who the hell knows, but the way this has played out would give anyone with real inside info (which we don't know if he or anyone actually has) reason to say the story has changed 50 times in the last week. But he's been sticking to those four pretty much since the B12 announced they were going through this whole process. Meanwhile Dude, MH3, and all of these other buffoons on here have predicted every combination of school from the lot of Memphis, UCF, USF, Colorado State, BYU, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, Squirrel Gap Community College, and Air Force. We'll see if he's right, but give the guy credit for sticking to his story.

Flugs seems to think he has a source, which he identifies in more detail than even any of the sports writers do. Basically, all Flugs is doing is telling us how OU feels about expansion.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Flugs seems to think he has a source, which he identifies in more detail than even any of the sports writers do. Basically, all Flugs is doing is telling us how OU feels about expansion.

If (and that's a big if) he has a source in OU, than what he is reporting is what OU wants to put out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If (and that's a big if) he has a source in OU, than what he is reporting is what OU wants to put out.

That is how news works. Every "source" has their own agenda. The difference between people with real sources, and Internet Trolls like Dude is that Dude is simply repeating his own agenda.

Reaction Score
Until ASU starts playing hockey in the B1G, Flugs "Big Ten Man" contact is as made up as the WV yahoos.

He was absolutely insistent that his "BTM" guaranteed this

He is no different than the rest of the crazy bloggers. The only difference is he says favorable things about UConn so we want to believe him

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Until ASU starts playing hockey in the B1G, Flugs "Big Ten Man" contact is as made up as the WV yahoos.

He is no different than the rest of the crazy bloggers. The only difference is he says favorable things about UConn so we want to believe him

Who should we believe?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He actually started with that. Then said BTM switched to wherever they ended up and it was his (their) opinion that ASU was going to the Big 10 for hockey. He was predicting different things at the exact same time.

More importantly it was UConn and Cincy to the Big 12 - and they decided not to expand. It's only that they got their feelings hurt over the ACC that it's even a conversation. And now he's at 4 - so for all his consistency he isn't all that consistent.

Oh yeah and he said he was going to stop sharing BTM. How did that go?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
After skimming through some of that, I am glad I never bothered with Twitter. Looks worse than high school on there.

Twitter is awesome.

Reaction Score
I would say this is our problem in a nutshell compared to other P5 schools. Although it could be said of other candidates for B12 as well.

IMG_4724.JPG

Reaction Score
That our alumni and fan base aren't as big as Ohio State's? Almost everyone has that problem.

Reaction Score
Sure, but to not even get alum games going in Boston, our backyard is rather sad.

That our alumni and fan base aren't as big as Ohio State's? Almost everyone has that problem.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's jump all over our UConn Boston Alumni chapter because of one dudes purely anecdotal evidence.

I'd rather wait to see Alumni Stadium in November before we judge our Boston alumni, but that's just me.

I'm one of those Boston area alumni and I don't go to those watch parties. The hold them at the Greatest Bar, which I think is a pretty lousy bar, in the North End/Boston Garden area. It's a horrible place for anyone living outside the city and T. They need a car friendly location for these things.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's actually pretty funny, I went to the Texas ND to tailgate this weekend and obviously the sheer number of their fans was impressive but the tailgates feel disjointed throughout the entire campus and city. I actually prefer having one huge lot.

That being said, watching the game at tailgates and the bar scene at UT was awesome...especially after the huge win.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
My friend lives in the Dallas area (Plano) and had a watch party for one at his local sports bar, Scruffie McDuffie's. He asked them to throw on UConn-Maine and he said they looked at him like he had six heads then laughed at him when we were losing 21-14. Guess who had the last laugh ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom