Non-Key Tweets | Page 770 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The NMSU part is surprising.
I think MB got 2 out of 3 correct:

-> New Mexico State President John Floros said the school does not have an invitation for membership to CUSA, but he would not disclose if NMSU administration has been in contact with either UTEP or Conference USA regarding potential membership.

"If an invitation came from any conference, we have to consider it in the context of if it's the best thing for NMSU or our student athletes for our sports and the university overall," said Floros, who is the sitting chair of the WAC Board.

"Let me tell you that the urgency is there and has always been there. We have always wanted to belong to a conference where all of our sports are represented in FBS football. But we are not dictating that or controlling that. We are part of another conference and our approach right now is to make that conference as strong as possible. Until another possibility comes along, I will continue to work down this path." <-

Reaction Score

Matt@MattSimo9 ·3h
Replying to @flugempire
Rice!!!

alternate-sport-&-random-mind-of: @kopp0e @e0ppok · 59m
Well, it (Rice) is AAU & in Houston...

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 41m
No.

alternate-sport-&-random-mind-of: @kopp0e @e0ppok · 35m
So you are saying Houston or..?

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 31m
The narrow pathway is Kansas + Texas school. More detail info later this week.

alternate-sport-&-random-mind-of: @kopp0e @e0ppok · 30m
#AllEarsOverHere..!

Mark Kochenderfer @MarkKochenderfe · 2h
Replying to @flugempire
I can’t I can’t see any of those schools being a fit with the big 10. I think the Big Ten stays put until about 2031 then they get the schools they really want out of the ACC when it falls apart.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 2h
That scenario is the favorite, obviously.

But there is an open, narrow pathway to expansion before 10 years…narrow, but door is cracked open.

Mark Kochenderfer@MarkKochenderfe · 2h
I’m sure they look at everything. I just can’t see it culturally or economically making a lick of sense in the end. If you have a chance to get some combo of UNC, UVA, VT Duke GT you aren’t settling for what’s available out west. They have targeted some of those forever.

Mark Kochenderfer@MarkKochenderfe · 2h
Same thing goes for Kansas for that matter unless people listen to Bob Huggins and the P5 makes their own BB tourney just like CFP. That would completely alter the $ equation of exspansion if the P5 controlled the postseason.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire · Oct 25
Large email from BTM has arrived this evening.

Will splice it up..give detailed info tomorrow on Twitter.

Three leading Big Ten options (2024-25)

1) No division: 8 Conf games: 3 permanent rivals.

2) Expand to 16 (Kansas + Texas School) go to pods.

3) Keep divisions

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 20h
Since today is now tomorrow on East Coast…let’s get this going.

BTM info coming in now.

BTM

“If Big Ten adds 2 schools right before, during, or right after negotiations for new media contract it has been told to me it would most likely be Kansas and 1 Texas school. No eastern addition. Info flowing from one particular Big Ten Admin & Boosters. Not Minnesota.”

BTM

“Big Ten in a holding pattern on expansion for another 10-12 years until the possibility of some ACC schools becoming available in years 2031-2033 remains the scenario which is most likely to occur. But Big Ten expansion door has been cracked open.”

BTM

“With University of Texas gone to SEC there is no Texas school available which shares same mission as Big Ten schools. In 10 years there still won’t be Texas school available which could be described as Big Ten institution at Power 5 level. But state of TX remains the goal.”

BTM

“Valuation rings out pretty clearly that Houston and TCU would be top 2 targets for PAC. Public reports indicating these would be the 2 schools PAC would add if they pulled the trigger on expansion is true”

BTM

“Valuation also rings out loudly that of all available schools for Big Ten expansion in coming years its TCU, Houston and Kansas at top of valuation list. Iowa St doesn’t bring new media market, recruiting or demographics to the conference.”

BTM

“Texas Tech valuation comes up short vs Houston and TCU. None of these 3 schools are Big Ten institutions. Houston might get there in 10-20 years but TCU doesn’t share the same mission as Big Ten universities. But among all other available schools these 2 sit below Kansas.”

BTM

“Big Ten switching to no divisions, switching to 8 conference games with 14 schools and having 3 permanent rivals for each school is the scenario with greatest chance of happening by the time new expanded playoff structure begins”

BTM

“But there is a pathway toward expansion if the economics of a move create an inertia fueled by growing demographics and money lodged into state of Texas propels Big Ten Presidents to flip the script and grab Kansas plus a Texas partner.”

BTM

“The competing vision of no divisional play is 4 pods with 16 schools. These competing visions are at play with each other in SEC and Big Ten. Big Ten cracking the door open on expansion is wanting to be nimble and decisive if pods vision get more traction”

BTM

“What are the chances of Big Ten expanding to 16 by 2024 or 2025? I would give it 20%. If SEC announces pod structure I would crank up Big Ten expansion chances to a good 50% before 2025.”

BTM

“Big Ten Presidents viewing possible expansion candidates within next couple of years will be looking at short list. Kansas would be only large research university in new market available so it’s inconceivable that Big Ten expansion is pursued without Kansas being 15”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire ·20h
BTM

“Expansion with ACC or PAC schools is not in play for at least the next 10 years. ACC GOR will not be touched by Big Ten. Logistics and valuation never match up in regard to PAC schools becoming candidates for Big Ten.”

BTM

“No SEC schools are leaving their conference. Notre Dame’s independence in Football is not going away. The short list of expansion candidates are strictly Big 12 schools if Big Ten explores expansion in next few years.”

BTM

“Big Ten Presidents make the decisions. If it was strictly Big Ten Presidents bottled up in a room the expansion door would be shut for at least until 2031. But the door has been cracked open. Almost expecting Warren to admit this in public. He won’t deny it in public.”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 19h
BTM

“It’s extremely easy to say no on expanding to 16 when expansion candidate lists only 1 AAU university in a new market but here we are with Warren not saying no. Alvarez not saying no. FOX not saying no.”

BTM

“Lots of energy toward change in Big Ten. Lots of talk around no divisions of 14 schools with 8 conference games & 3 permanent rivals. But there is also an awareness to the potential advantages of pods. An awareness SEC might create even more value of content through pods.”

BTM

“Keep watch on PAC and their main media partners decision on TCU & Houston additions. Keep watch on SEC’s decision on pods. Keep ear open on Warren’s public statements which never closes expansion door. New B1G media negotiations starting soon.”

college football fan@Genetics56 · 21h
I see "that person" is talking about adding Kansas and a Texas school with other possible things the Big Ten could do. I'm only person that know the actual truth of what the Big Ten was doing over the summer and this is once again the truth..cont.

The Big Ten is NOT looking to expand. They are working with the networks to move to 8 conference games, possibly eliminate divisions, and 1 game against Pac 12 schools and 1 game against ACC schools. Don't fall for that es trolling for attention people.

The reason why I was the only person that knew the truth is having direct access inside the Big Ten athletic departments through a long-time friend. In the end all of these alliance schools will play each other and form their own conference together (not olympics).

Mike Vernon@M_Vernon ·10h
It’s been quiet on my end, but very interesting from @flugempire

college football fan@Genetics56 · 9h
He trolls for attention.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire · Oct 25
Large email from BTM has arrived this evening.

Will splice it up..give detailed info tomorrow on Twitter.

Three leading Big Ten options (2024-25)

1) No division: 8 Conf games: 3 permanent rivals.

2) Expand to 16 (Kansas + Texas School) go to pods.

3) Keep divisions

Since today is now tomorrow on East Coast…let’s get this going.

BTM info coming in now.

BTM

“If Big Ten adds 2 schools right before, during, or right after negotiations for new media contract it has been told to me it would most likely be Kansas and 1 Texas school. No eastern addition. Info flowing from one particular Big Ten Admin & Boosters. Not Minnesota.”

BTM

“Big Ten in a holding pattern on expansion for another 10-12 years until the possibility of some ACC schools becoming available in years 2031-2033 remains the scenario which is most likely to occur. But Big Ten expansion door has been cracked open.”

BTM

“With University of Texas gone to SEC there is no Texas school available which shares same mission as Big Ten schools. In 10 years there still won’t be Texas school available which could be described as Big Ten institution at Power 5 level. But state of TX remains the goal.”

BTM

“Valuation rings out pretty clearly that Houston and TCU would be top 2 targets for PAC. Public reports indicating these would be the 2 schools PAC would add if they pulled the trigger on expansion is true”

BTM

“Valuation also rings out loudly that of all available schools for Big Ten expansion in coming years its TCU, Houston and Kansas at top of valuation list. Iowa St doesn’t bring new media market, recruiting or demographics to the conference.”

BTM

“Texas Tech valuation comes up short vs Houston and TCU. None of these 3 schools are Big Ten institutions. Houston might get there in 10-20 years but TCU doesn’t share the same mission as Big Ten universities. But among all other available schools these 2 sit below Kansas.”

BTM

“Big Ten switching to no divisions, switching to 8 conference games with 14 schools and having 3 permanent rivals for each school is the scenario with greatest chance of happening by the time new expanded playoff structure begins”

BTM

“But there is a pathway toward expansion if the economics of a move create an inertia fueled by growing demographics and money lodged into state of Texas propels Big Ten Presidents to flip the script and grab Kansas plus a Texas partner.”

BTM

“The competing vision of no divisional play is 4 pods with 16 schools. These competing visions are at play with each other in SEC and Big Ten. Big Ten cracking the door open on expansion is wanting to be nimble and decisive if pods vision get more traction”

BTM

“What are the chances of Big Ten expanding to 16 by 2024 or 2025? I would give it 20%. If SEC announces pod structure I would crank up Big Ten expansion chances to a good 50% before 2025.”

BTM

“Big Ten Presidents viewing possible expansion candidates within next couple of years will be looking at short list. Kansas would be only large research university in new market available so it’s inconceivable that Big Ten expansion is pursued without Kansas being 15”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire ·20h
BTM

“Expansion with ACC or PAC schools is not in play for at least the next 10 years. ACC GOR will not be touched by Big Ten. Logistics and valuation never match up in regard to PAC schools becoming candidates for Big Ten.”

BTM

“No SEC schools are leaving their conference. Notre Dame’s independence in Football is not going away. The short list of expansion candidates are strictly Big 12 schools if Big Ten explores expansion in next few years.”

BTM

“Big Ten Presidents make the decisions. If it was strictly Big Ten Presidents bottled up in a room the expansion door would be shut for at least until 2031. But the door has been cracked open. Almost expecting Warren to admit this in public. He won’t deny it in public.”

BTM

“It’s extremely easy to say no on expanding to 16 when expansion candidate lists only 1 AAU university in a new market but here we are with Warren not saying no. Alvarez not saying no. FOX not saying no.”

BTM

“Lots of energy toward change in Big Ten. Lots of talk around no divisions of 14 schools with 8 conference games & 3 permanent rivals. But there is also an awareness to the potential advantages of pods. An awareness SEC might create even more value of content through pods.”

BTM

“Keep watch on PAC and their main media partners decision on TCU & Houston additions. Keep watch on SEC’s decision on pods. Keep ear open on Warren’s public statements which never closes expansion door. New B1G media negotiations starting soon.”

I see "that person" is talking about adding Kansas and a Texas school with other possible things the Big Ten could do. I'm only person that know the actual truth of what the Big Ten was doing over the summer and this is once again the truth..cont.

The Big Ten is NOT looking to expand. They are working with the networks to move to 8 conference games, possibly eliminate divisions, and 1 game against Pac 12 schools and 1 game against ACC schools. Don't fall for that es trolling for attention people.

The reason why I was the only person that knew the truth is having direct access inside the Big Ten athletic departments through a long-time friend. In the end all of these alliance schools will play each other and form their own conference together (not olympics).

Mike Vernon@M_Vernon ·10h
It’s been quiet on my end, but very interesting from @flugempire

college football fan@Genetics56 · 9h
He trolls for attention.

As soon as you see someone talking about market size and/or new markets in this round realignment, you know they’re full of [poo]

Reaction Score
Who is Greg Flugaur and what is his claim to inside information. Does he have a good track record?

Reaction Score
I have a really hard time believing that Houston of all schools is going to get the nod for the B1G. Kansas makes sense.

Reaction Score
Who is Greg Flugaur and what is his claim to inside information. Does he have a good track record?
At one time he worked for the man who donated the money for UConn's Football Complex building. He tweeted a lot about UConn.

1635614924109-png.70610

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not a tweet but quite a doozy from G&BD:

Nothing else to say except he put out a rumor so crazy that it might actually be believable. :p

Reaction Score
He's sort of the realignment board version of Colin Cowherd, but on a multiple times of week basis. Back when Cowherd was an ESPN radio personality, & before Snookie was invited to the B1G soiree, Cowherd opened his show with breaking news that UConn was about to be invited to the Big Ten (It wasn't on April 1st) citing inside sources. This announcement was huge news in the State until it was discredited within 24 hours.
Flugar makes this type of realignment announcement whenever he forgets to take his meds, which is often.

Reaction Score

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
Replying to @LarryWilliamsTI
If the ACC adds WVU then their TV contract with ESPN reopens for negotiation.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 2h
Replying to @theDudeofWV and @LarryWilliamsTI
Miami Fl has 300 million to get out of ACC GOR?

Where did Mr. Williams read this about Miami Fl?

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV · 1h
Replying to @flugempire and @LarryWilliamsTI

The ACC is in a pickle in regards to the agreement with the Big Ten and Pac 12. Cross conference games would not add value to their TV deal. Jim Phillips has admitted that fact in public.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 1h
Alliance is a voting block which will be effective on some items…not effective on other items.

ESPN is not going to renegotiate ACC deal on basis of ACC adding someone…contracts are not that paper thin.

ACC is in a pickle..but unless a school has 300 mil it’s a moot point.

Most in the ACC are upset with the long term deal Swofford signed with ESPN. There's a faction, including Miami and Clemson, that want WVU added regardless of what ND does. Adding WVU would trigger the automatic renegotiating clause in the contract.

WVU, being a P5 program, would trigger that clause. And while WVU is a revenue neutral addition to the ACC, the contract as a whole is undervalued. Ask anybody in the ACC and they will tell you the same. WVU to the ACC is inevitable. It's just a matter of when.

Greg, no arguing on this... its in the ACC's contract. A material change of membership, i.e. adding a P5 peer institution, triggers the clause to re-open the contract for negotiation. It's in the public record.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 56m
I would love to see this public record.

If you have it please share link.

ACC owns media rights of all ACC schools until July 1st, 2036.

ESPN owns distributing rights of pretty much all of ACC content until same date.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV · 55m
Google it. I'm not doing this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nobody but nobody has seen the ACC-ESPN contract....the schools did not get a copy since it was between the conference and ESPN...and the ACC organization itself is not a public body and thus exempt from FOIA....

The Dude is again making up stuff..

He's a buffoon. ACC isn't likely to add until ND signs on, then it needs another. Whether WVU is the best option...maybe they are, maybe not. With UVA and Pitt it does make some sense. TV market is abysmal, but that matters less than it used to.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score

Most in the ACC are upset with the long term deal Swofford signed with ESPN. There's a faction, including Miami and Clemson, that want WVU added regardless of what ND does. Adding WVU would trigger the automatic renegotiating clause in the contract.
I seriously doubt they want that contract opened up right now. The ACC had no real flagship team this season and did not make the playoffs, so at the moment they are not must see TV.

WVU, being a P5 program, would trigger that clause. And while WVU is a revenue neutral addition to the ACC, the contract as a whole is undervalued. Ask anybody in the ACC and they will tell you the same. WVU to the ACC is inevitable. It's just a matter of when.
I wonder if WVU is really revenue neutral for the ACC. 2020 population was only 1.79M. Maybe they add a rival for Pitt, but I would think they're in the lower half of ACC value. I'm sure ESPN would keep everyone whole, so in that sense they are neutral.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
TV market is abysmal, but that matters less than it used to.
I think it still matters in that I don't think WVU garners a heck of a lot of interest outside their market except for ex-patriots. They would need poll relevance to get people to watch. So all we can count on is the people in their market.

Reaction Score
WVU was the best football program in the Big East when it broke up. If it improves the ACC and hurts the Big 12, it makes sense to do it. And Cincy replaces WVU as the island. Otherwise the ACC remains far behind the P2.

Reaction Score
WVU is highly overrated. He drums that stuff up himself for lack of anything else to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom