Non-Key Tweets | Page 745 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 36m36 minutes ago
I will posting tweets tomorrow afternoon on BTM’s info the following subjects..(dinner)

1) Big Ten further discussions on doing away with divisions

2) Big 12 growing instability..yes, growing.

3) University of Houston being in the Catbird’s seat in Realignment in 2024/25.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 36m36 minutes ago
Unfortunately we did not discuss the thousand different moving parts in the Illinois Hockey saga.

My apologies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did ol Flug have UALR joining the Pac12 in wrasslin?

Reaction Score
Brian Thomas Manning. He's the unathletic Manning brother that the family never talks about.
And he's the insider with all the information about the B1G's plans?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And he's the insider with all the information about the B1G's plans?
Works in the Big Ten offices. I'm not sure in what capacity.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Following tweets is the info BTM gave us last night.

Sushi, Sake & Info.

BTM

“ESPN & FOX both paid Big 12 to get out of their pro-rata clause with the Conference. FOX paid for 2017 B12 CCG + 19,21 & 23. ESPN paid for 3 even years B12 CCG’s. But it turn out to be a sucker play..and Big 12 bit.”

BTM

“FOX ended up dumping their last 3 B12 CCG’s. ESPN, in turn, gave B12 an offer for those 3 odd year B12 CCG’s FOX just dumped...an offer so low Bowlsby could not say yes.”

BTM

“Bowlsby & B12 had no other bidders for their 2019, 2021, 2023 CCG’s other than ESPN’s bid. Now go ask yourself why? Where is this future new media to bid on B12 CCG’s of 2019, 21 & 23?”

BTM

“Before I answer that particular question let’s flush out what happened between B12 & ESPN. B12 couldn’t take ESPN’s initial low offer for 3 CCG’s but yet they had no other players to turn towards to see their rights.”

BTM

“ESPN offered B12 the ESPN+ deal in an attempt to close the CCG deal. B12 finally got their fig leaf to accept the deal which does not in any way include Texas nor Oklahoma.”

BTM

“Final numbers are not known yet for B12 & ESPN deal but it’s figured to be lower than 50 million for 2019, 21 & 23 CCG + 6 years of B12 (8 schools/50 events each) 3T content on ESPN+.”

BTM

“ESPN & FOX came out way ahead in their payoff to B12 to close out pro-rata clause in their contracts. This demonstrates the incredibly weak position B12 is in dealing with ESPN while having no other Big Media backers taking up the B12 cause.”

BTM

“Why no new Big Media offer for B12’s 2019,21,23 CCG’s after FOX dumped them?
Because new Big Media is not interested in B12..their sights are elsewhere. New Big Media is not knocking on the door of B12 offices to start relationship building toward 2025. Why?”

BTM

“Because if you ask all the current major media players, if you ask them over dinner...over drinks they will tell you all the same thing, Big 12 will lose value during next Media negotiations with the fear of OU taking their exit ramp.”

BTM

“ESPN offered PAC to redo their T1/2 deal and to take over their 3T distribution (ESPN+) if PAC would sign an extended deal with ESPN. ESPN attempted to low ball PAC. PAC said no."

BTM

“ESPN has also attempted informally to extend a new deal with Big 12. New T1/2 deal which would extend B12 GOR with ESPN going past 2030.
B12 would get decent bump in T1/2 pay. But Oklahoma killed the discussion at conception.”

BTM

“PAC said no to ESPN because they believe they will have options beyond ESPN after 2024. OU said no to extended B12 GOR with ESPN because they believe they will have options beyond ESPN in 2025.”

PAC, while in dire straights in terms of revenue, B10’s perception is they have had talks with Amazon, Time Warner, and others in future technology & in PAC New-CO investments. PAC, in unity, said no to ESPN offer.

BTM

“B12, in disunity, said no to ESPN informal talks with redoing T1/2 with B12 and extended GOR because of Oklahoma. I’ve said this many times since 2015 and it remains true today, OU iskeeping Exit Ramps clear for 2025.”

BTM

“The chances of no Realignment happening in 2025 among Power 5 Conferences is at about zero. No one believes there will be no movement. There are fault lines which are getting larger and OU wants to be on the correct side of fault line.”

BTM

“I don’t believe there will be any contraction from Realignment movement in 2025 within the number of P5 programs, nor number of P5 Conferences. It’s just not realistic. No matter the cost increase in maintaining P5 Athletic Program in totality.”

BTM

“But everyone I talk with is in agreement that the University of Houston is primed for a seat at P5 table. The money that is around UH is overwhelming. The sponsorships, financing, donors, the media..it’s all big in Houston.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1h1 hour ago
BTM

“The money that is being donated for more and more academic scholarships at the University of Houston is dramatic. The unique research Houston is doing at their University is substantial. This is the true story of UH beyond their investment in facilities.”

BTM

“Any movement in Realignment for 2024/25 brings UH at the forefront in filling in a slot. Any PAC expansion to help payoff any possible PAC-New Co would happen with UH because UH will pay the entry fee.”

BTM

“More and more beds at Houston. More Students living on campus. More research. Ever increasing faculty. More UH influence inside the important city of Houston. Nobody I talk with believes UH will be denied in 2025.”

Reaction Score
Following tweets is the info BTM gave us last night.

Sushi, Sake & Info.

BTM

“ESPN & FOX both paid Big 12 to get out of their pro-rata clause with the Conference. FOX paid for 2017 B12 CCG + 19,21 & 23. ESPN paid for 3 even years B12 CCG’s. But it turn out to be a sucker play..and Big 12 bit.”

BTM

“FOX ended up dumping their last 3 B12 CCG’s. ESPN, in turn, gave B12 an offer for those 3 odd year B12 CCG’s FOX just dumped...an offer so low Bowlsby could not say yes.”

BTM

“Bowlsby & B12 had no other bidders for their 2019, 2021, 2023 CCG’s other than ESPN’s bid. Now go ask yourself why? Where is this future new media to bid on B12 CCG’s of 2019, 21 & 23?”

BTM

“Before I answer that particular question let’s flush out what happened between B12 & ESPN. B12 couldn’t take ESPN’s initial low offer for 3 CCG’s but yet they had no other players to turn towards to see their rights.”

BTM

“ESPN offered B12 the ESPN+ deal in an attempt to close the CCG deal. B12 finally got their fig leaf to accept the deal which does not in any way include Texas nor Oklahoma.”

BTM

“Final numbers are not known yet for B12 & ESPN deal but it’s figured to be lower than 50 million for 2019, 21 & 23 CCG + 6 years of B12 (8 schools/50 events each) 3T content on ESPN+.”

BTM

“ESPN & FOX came out way ahead in their payoff to B12 to close out pro-rata clause in their contracts. This demonstrates the incredibly weak position B12 is in dealing with ESPN while having no other Big Media backers taking up the B12 cause.”

BTM

“Why no new Big Media offer for B12’s 2019,21,23 CCG’s after FOX dumped them?
Because new Big Media is not interested in B12..their sights are elsewhere. New Big Media is not knocking on the door of B12 offices to start relationship building toward 2025. Why?”

BTM

“Because if you ask all the current major media players, if you ask them over dinner...over drinks they will tell you all the same thing, Big 12 will lose value during next Media negotiations with the fear of OU taking their exit ramp.”

BTM

“ESPN offered PAC to redo their T1/2 deal and to take over their 3T distribution (ESPN+) if PAC would sign an extended deal with ESPN. ESPN attempted to low ball PAC. PAC said no."

BTM

“ESPN has also attempted informally to extend a new deal with Big 12. New T1/2 deal which would extend B12 GOR with ESPN going past 2030.
B12 would get decent bump in T1/2 pay. But Oklahoma killed the discussion at conception.”

BTM

“PAC said no to ESPN because they believe they will have options beyond ESPN after 2024. OU said no to extended B12 GOR with ESPN because they believe they will have options beyond ESPN in 2025.”

PAC, while in dire straights in terms of revenue, B10’s perception is they have had talks with Amazon, Time Warner, and others in future technology & in PAC New-CO investments. PAC, in unity, said no to ESPN offer.

BTM

“B12, in disunity, said no to ESPN informal talks with redoing T1/2 with B12 and extended GOR because of Oklahoma. I’ve said this many times since 2015 and it remains true today, OU iskeeping Exit Ramps clear for 2025.”

BTM

“The chances of no Realignment happening in 2025 among Power 5 Conferences is at about zero. No one believes there will be no movement. There are fault lines which are getting larger and OU wants to be on the correct side of fault line.”

BTM

“I don’t believe there will be any contraction from Realignment movement in 2025 within the number of P5 programs, nor number of P5 Conferences. It’s just not realistic. No matter the cost increase in maintaining P5 Athletic Program in totality.”

BTM

“But everyone I talk with is in agreement that the University of Houston is primed for a seat at P5 table. The money that is around UH is overwhelming. The sponsorships, financing, donors, the media..it’s all big in Houston.”

BTM

“The money that is being donated for more and more academic scholarships at the University of Houston is dramatic. The unique research Houston is doing at their University is substantial. This is the true story of UH beyond their investment in facilities.”

BTM

“Any movement in Realignment for 2024/25 brings UH at the forefront in filling in a slot. Any PAC expansion to help payoff any possible PAC-New Co would happen with UH because UH will pay the entry fee.”

BTM

“More and more beds at Houston. More Students living on campus. More research. Ever increasing faculty. More UH influence inside the important city of Houston. Nobody I talk with believes UH will be denied in 2025.”

Houston will never be a member of a P5 conference.

How can people be so stupid?

One possible answer: they went to the University of Houston.

Reaction Score
Flug essentially did a google search on everything regarding the B12, Houston & the PAC over the last 6 months and then claimed that it came from the made up BTM.

So we're supposed to believe that Houston is going to save the PAC? What a joke

Reaction Score
Flug essentially did a google search on everything regarding the B12, Houston & the PAC over the last 6 months and then claimed that it came from the made up BTM.

So we're supposed to believe that Houston is going to save the PAC? What a joke

Fertitta must by buying a piece of NewCoPAC;)

Reaction Score
I'll try to never read any content in this thread again. Reality is better than fiction.

Reaction Score
Raymond Greenbriar‏ @RedmanCincy 6h6 hours ago
Does Cincinnati ever come up in these discussions?

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @RedmanCincy
Not last night.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
One of the most surprising topics BTM hit on last night for me was his discussion of PAC looking at Time Warner..more specifically Turner Sports, as a possible future media partner.

‏ @Expansion_Crush 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
I like it, they already to a great job with their NBA and NCAA tournament games. I think Turner would be smart to invest.

Turner Sports just completed a new media deal with a new Wrestling Organization. I just never thought of Turner being interested in PAC out West?...

I could see them wanting to branch out into mainstream sports with them getting into NBA and NCAA tournament games. I'd think they'd just be dipping their toes in the water with the Pac12.

‏ @Expansion_Crush 2h2 hours ago
We'll be seeing games on more networks going forward, I think.

BTM also mentioned Amazon which to me makes more sense because of heavy PAC influence within Amazon. But yes...you might be right. More stratification of distribution for P5 live events.

Murr‏ @MurrDCU 3m3 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire
Turner sports has great NBA coverage and took the Champions League and Europa League US TV rights away from Fox. They use Bleacher Report App to stream all the games.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
If there’s a G5 program primed to make a move its UCF to the Big 12.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 7h7 hours ago
Not with ESPN.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV @flugempire
I could see the P12 nabbing Houston and UNLV to get to 14. Raiders new stadium and Vegas population growth is ready for that move. Vegas could become the P12 championship hub.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 6h6 hours ago
Because expansion was so good to the pac 12 the last time around. I would bet if they were allowed a do over there is no way the pac 12 would expand.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 6h6 hours ago
Thats over played. P12 owns 100% of their rights which to this point hasn't fetched big bucks. However, IMO, live content is huge and eventually they will cash in enough to make everyone happy. They have the markets and a time zone to themselves.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 6h6 hours ago
Their financial distress is not overplayed at all. Their entire model is fundamentally flawed in the fact that nobody wants to watch their product. It doesn’t matter if you have live content if it’s preempted for monster truck pulls because they get better ratings.

Replying to @flugempire
Ha! You on record for that about UH too? Big 12 isnt adding UH. Neither is SEC or ACC. UH academics going to get it into B1G or Pac 12? What about the annual athletic deficit?

Stephen Hancock‏ @Stephen34071974 5h5 hours ag
UH is a Carnegie One research university and is opening a medical school. Plus donations are coming in more and more as city gets larger and wealthier. Just keep your fingers crossed that WVU, which is rated below UH academically, has somewhere to go when the Big 12 cracks.

Replying to @flugempire
BTM’s inside knowledge of the Big 12 is uncanny. His understanding of the machinations of OU is equally preternatural given that OU is without a president right now & has already agreed to consolidate Big 12 T3 television rights.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 7h7 hours ago
Those are very good points dude.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 7h7 hours ago
Except for the fact OU has not agreed to bundle their 3T rights with Big 12 without Texas’s content. Absolutely false.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ag
Replying to @flugempire
If the money is around UH why is there athletic department $26M in the red even with Fertitta as a donor?

Jim Doxakis‏ @Doxakis22Jim 41m41 minutes ago
Because they are investing without P5 revenue. Not hard to figure out. Give them 30-40 mill a year and imagine what kind of results they would get.

#RunAsOne‏ @sjcHTX 22m22 minutes ago
More
Houston brings the TV market. The money will take care of itself

Replying to @flugempire
So a conf losing money is going to add a tertiary program in market dominated by the SEC & Big 12?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still think Houston is vastly overrated for expansion. UCF and Cincinnati are better and more likely choices, specifically for the Big 12.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
what is the dood talking about. oklahoma is keeping their t3 local network.

Reaction Score
I've told you guys many times over the last few years that Flugar's BTM is a made believe character. Doesn't exist. All he does is read articles, reads message boards, etc, and comes up with his own dumb theories. Remember he used to pimp Cincy and UCONN as locks to the Big 12?

He and Dude of WV got in a heated battle a few years ago and when they "broke up" Flugar created this character called BTM to work around having people think his realignment tweets were his even though BTM is his own thoughts.

Houston donation numbers is public info. Easily found with Google and message boards.

I can even share Flugar's username on the Minnesota message boards if you all want to see who he is.

CL82

Reaction Score
I've told you guys many times over the last few years that Flugar's BTM is a made believe character. Doesn't exist. All he does is read articles, reads message boards, etc, and comes up with his own dumb theories. Remember he used to pimp Cincy and UCONN as locks to the Big 12?

He and Dude of WV got in a heated battle a few years ago and when they "broke up" Flugar created this character called BTM to work around having people think his realignment tweets were his even though BTM is his own thoughts.

Houston donation numbers is public info. Easily found with Google and message boards.

I can even share Flugar's username on the Minnesota message boards if you all want to see who he is.
Wow. Thanks for pointing that out. From now on we should just stick all of his and the Dude's tweets in a single thread specifically labeled as not being key information.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
According to BTM this morning it looks like some forces in P5 & G5 are starting to gather together to attempt to push complete deregulation of how Conference decides it Champion.

Example: Conf can go with no divisions and teams will no longer have to play everyone in their Conf.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush @NebGradDubDub Because of this push for complete deregulation I will now pull back on my criticism toward Christopher’s belief WVU could end up ACC 2025. I now believe Christopher is correct that this is a possibility if this deregulation passes.

‏ @Expansion_Crush 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub
Full number 15? ND as 16?

With this deregulation ACC would no longer need ND to join the conference if they want to add a 15th school.

ACC wanted deregulation in the past...now its being reported in public AAC wants deregulation..and we know BTM broke news 2 months ago Big Ten was looking at no divisions

3, 5 team pods seems a workable solution for scheduling purposes.

It would...although I do believe it would be more of just 1 Conference/Div and have a couple of protective rivalries for each team. FSU & Miami will be protected..WVU/Pitt if WVU moved to ACC...Indiana/Purdue...Neb/OU..or Neb/Iowa..Wis/MN..UCF/USF...UVA/VA Tech...etc.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire @Expansion_Crush
Uh.... they already can.

No they can’t Christopher.

If you consolidate the 2 divisions into 2 Conference you need to play all the teams in your conference. Obviously any conference above 10 members this is impossible to do.

The rules do not allow at this time for Big Ten, SEC, ACC, AAC..etc to go 1 div

I meant to say consolidate 2 divisions into 1 div/Conf.

Big Ten/SEC/ACC is not allowed at this moment to go into 1 div/Conf of 14 teams in Football. It’s not allowed under current rules of needing to play everyone Round Robin inside Div/Conf.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 56m56 minutes ago
Funny since the Big Ten was the conf against complete CCG deregulation in 2016. The votes are there for it as the SEC & ACC would love to be able to go to pods & correct competitive imbalances. I’m sure the Big 12 would go along too. But it might create more issues.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why would any of that mean WVU to the ACC? WVU made clear its desire to join when it was in the Big East and the ACC took a hard pass.

Reaction Score
The ACC should pick up Houston, not WVU...if it's about money.

Adding Texas footprint for the ACCN... footprint $$ X a bunch of TV households.

CL82

Reaction Score
The ACC should pick up Houston, not WVU...if it's about money.

Adding Texas footprint for the ACCN... footprint $$ X a bunch of TV households.
Big mistake to leave your footprint. Not sure that anyone but Texas would be worth it.

Reaction Score
Big mistake to leave your footprint. Not sure that anyone but Texas would be worth it.

Already left it when BC was picked up years back...and then Cuse...

I guess they could add Cincinnati for the Ohio in-state fee add.

But I like Houston's energy, ambition, and possible growth potential.

WVU would be good for rivalry games with Pitt, VT...but really adds little draw for a network

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom