Non-Key Tweets | Page 730 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Yeah Flug and his BTM "insider"...former tweets

BTM: UC/UCONN/UH/BYU is where B12 expansion is headed. Would satisfy FOX.
Would satisfy UT donors (UT stays in B12 West with OU-TT)

BTM: The candidacies of UC/UCONN were internally linked up months ago. BYU/UH are now doing the same.

BTM: According to OU Contacts Presentations being scheduled between B12 & candidates are turning into Solution driven meetings on concerns

BTM: Conclusionary Data on "in the air" portion shows clear value for the addition of UCONN to the Big 12 Conference.
this is so 2016...

Reaction Score
Even if Oklahoma or Texas could make the numbers work, I don't see why Oklahoma or Texas would even want to join the Big 10.

As long as either one of them is in the Big 12 (more so Texas to be fair) it is still a P5 league. They can play half their games in Texas for recruiting and play games their fans want to attend.

I don't think for one second that Oklahoma doesn't look at Nebraska and feel thankful they haven't swapped places.

You would think they might be a tad upset on the day the checks from the conferences get mailed, and OU's is about $15MM less than that of Nebraska.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You would think they might be a tad upset on the day the checks from the conferences get mailed, and OU's is about $15MM less than that of Nebraska.
Wouldn't be surprised it OU's T3 deal made up most of that difference.

CL82

Reaction Score
You waited for it, and now it's here... some new non-key tweets:
1540583321808.png

Original post credits to @tcf15 and @Guapo

Reaction Score
Gotta read his whole timeline (Tweets/Replies).

He’s a legit report who seems to be reporting that he has sources telling him FS1 wants UConn in the Big East, no?

CL82

Reaction Score
He’s a legit report who seems to be reporting that he has sources telling him FS1 wants UConn in the Big East, no?
Key tweets are AD's, college presidents, conference president's and the like. This guy isn't a West Virginia back woodsman, but he's not key.

Reaction Score

It all seems comment was tied to FS1 keeping the BE tourney in MSG after 2022 opt-out period w/ ACC/B1G10 snuffing aroun NYC. It’s not that big of a leap to say that based on UConn attendance push.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Key tweets are AD's, college presidents, conference president's and the like. This guy isn't a West Virginia back woodsman, but he's not key.

Ah, I was under the impression that “real” journalists counted.

Reaction Score
It all seems tied to FS1 keeping the BE tourney in MSG after 2022 pot-out period w/ ACC/B1G10 snuffing aroun NYC. It’s not that big of a leap to say that based on UConn attendance push.

I just didn’t get the impression, reading through the thread, that he’s saying this based on a feeling; it sounded to me like he was saying this based on conversations he had with important people.

Not sure the chances of it ever happening, but between this and the Rothstein reports a few months ago, there’s some smoke here.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ah, I was under the impression that “real” journalists counted.
Does Asbury Park Press count as real? I kid, I kid... kinda.

Reaction Score
I just didn’t get the impression, reading through the thread, that he’s saying this based on a feeling; it sounded to me like he was saying this based on conversations he had with important people.

Not sure the chances of it ever happening, but between this and the Rothstein reports a few months ago, there’s some smoke here.
If UConn wants to be in the Big East they'll be in the Big East.

CL82

Reaction Score
Even if Fox did want UConn in the NBE and the NBE wanted UConn, UConn still needs a decent place to park football and enough cash to make the move worthwhile. That's a tough row to hoe.

Reaction Score
Even if Fox did want UConn in the NBE and the NBE wanted UConn, UConn still needs a decent place to park football and enough cash to make the move worthwhile. That's a long row to hoe.

That was kind of my point - sure FS1 would want UConn to be in the Big East to bolster the resume to fend off MSG opting out of the BE tourney in NYC after 2022.

Fox can step in and solve the football dilemma part of the equation if MSG is that important to their BE business model ;)

Reaction Score
Fox has its hands in B1G Network, which also wants MSG, and the new Big E, which has MSG through 2022, basketball rights. ESPN is tied to the ACC, which also wants MSG. Could the rumor/potential of the Big East looking to add UConn force the ACC to make a move or be squezed out of MSG for the foreseeable future knowing that offering UConn football a home would be once heck of an incentive that the new Big E can't match? If the ACC makes a move, would Fox then press the B1G to look at UConn, potentially tied the next round of conference realignment that may see the end of the ACC or XII?

Reaction Score
Fox has its hands in B1G Network, which also wants MSG, and the new Big E, which has MSG through 2022, basketball rights. ESPN is tied to the ACC, which also wants MSG. Could the rumor/potential of the Big East looking to add UConn force the ACC to make a move or be squezed out of MSG for the foreseeable future knowing that offering UConn football a home would be once heck of an incentive that the new Big E can't match? If the ACC makes a move, would Fox then press the B1G to look at UConn, potentially tied the next round of conference realignment that may see the end of the ACC or XII?

I wish,

But no :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom