Non-Key Tweets | Page 641 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Nebraska was AAU when they joined the B1G. They lost AAU status after joining.

This a gray area. Technically, they were still AAU, but it was known they were on their way out. The Big10 presidents knew it as Michigan and Wisconsin led the vote to do so.

It may not matter anymore anyway. I still go back to the University of Chicago leaving the CiC. The reason given was branding, but who, except university admins, professors, grad students and us CR nerds know what the CiC really is. Who are they branding to and why couldn't the University of Chicago be part of it? Chicago is still a partner, participating in the CiC in everything but the grad school transfer program. Since all the full members of the Big10 are part of it, any student would have access to U of Chicago's grad programs without being accepted into U of Chicago. It's fine if they are coming from another AAU school, but maybe not from a lesser ranked grad program. If the Big10 told them they were looking to bring in a non AAU school, Chicago may have balked and asked to leave that program.

Mind you, I think that UConn would fit right in with the other Big10 schools, but I'm not a grad school elitist looking down on those that aren't in the private AAU club.

Reaction Score
@dennisdoddcbs Boy, if there was ever any doubt TV isn’t pulling ALL the strings in college athletics …

Anyone have any guesses as to what this means?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@dennisdoddcbs Boy, if there was ever any doubt TV isn’t pulling ALL the strings in college athletics …

Anyone have any guesses as to what this means?
ESPN articulating preference for UConn?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why is Kansas safe? Population 2.9, which they share with kstate. Their football is absolutely horrible.

Football has struggled for sure, but even KU has an Orange Bowl win and top 10 finish in the BCS era (07-08). When I was there in the early 90's (Glen Mason era) they were consistently quite good, and K-State was the team that was horrible. They have produced hall of fame guys like Gayle Sayers and John Riggins. They will eventually improve, but won't ever be a perpetual power team.

Reaction Score
This a gray area. Technically, they were still AAU, but it was known they were on their way out. The Big10 presidents knew it as Michigan and Wisconsin led the vote to do so.

It may not matter anymore anyway. I still go back to the University of Chicago leaving the CiC. The reason given was branding, but who, except university admins, professors, grad students and us CR nerds know what the CiC really is. Who are they branding to and why couldn't the University of Chicago be part of it? Chicago is still a partner, participating in the CiC in everything but the grad school transfer program. Since all the full members of the Big10 are part of it, any student would have access to U of Chicago's grad programs without being accepted into U of Chicago. It's fine if they are coming from another AAU school, but maybe not from a lesser ranked grad program. If the Big10 told them they were looking to bring in a non AAU school, Chicago may have balked and asked to leave that program.

Mind you, I think that UConn would fit right in with the other Big10 schools, but I'm not a grad school elitist looking down on those that aren't in the private AAU club.

There is already a non AAU School in the Big Ten and was there, I believe, when John Hopkins declined an invitation to join: Nebraska.

Reaction Score
1CDsHcYJ_bigger.jpeg
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago

24 hours before dinner with BTM..he sends text: "Bowlsby and Boren are dead set against progressing towards ESPN's interests"

1 retweet 1 like

Reaction Score
1CDsHcYJ_bigger.jpeg
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago

24 hours before dinner with BTM..he sends text: "Bowlsby and Boren are dead set against progressing towards ESPN's interests"

1 retweet 1 like
so, with this ^ and the 17 video interviews, perhaps it's expand by four with three (or four) coming from the AAC. ?? this way they get to show Aresco he wasn't getting raided without due diligence.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 57m57 minutes ago
I got about 5 minutes to kill before a call. Open mic all questions nothing out of bounds... GOOOOOOO Blue.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 52m52 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Would anyone join Texas and Oklahoma to the Big Ten?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 51m51 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 I would think at this moment they would be the only ones but everyday things are changing.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 50m50 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal What would the TV situation be for Texas in the Big Ten?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 48m48 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 Texas has always been JD dream get and I would bet he pulls it off. Not only national brand but Texas TV $$$$$$$$

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 47m47 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Would they keep the Longhorn Network?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 46m46 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 Yes I think JD has no choice. Texas gets $15 Mill a year unless ESPN buys it out.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 45m45 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Would that be part of ESPN's deal in the new contract?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 44m44 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 No I think they would have some contract tweaking on that. LHN is bleeding cash but Texas still gets paid.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 43m43 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Could FOX make it part of BTN?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 48m48 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 Could but they dont want to take on a money loser. If Texas come to Big10 then LHN is really in trouble.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 47m47 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Does the Big Ten have a date where it would move on from it?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 46m46 minutes ago
@NathanBrice3000 I think they a running this parallel to the mad grab going on now with BIG12. told Texas is not happy

Mark Blaudschun‏@blauds
If the Big 12 delays or doesn't expand, it needs to watch out for the Big 10 making a raid. Read about it in http://TMGcollegesports.com

jessicalarson‏@sooner2016
jessicalarson Retweeted Mark Blaudschun

Very, Very interesting. @bluevodreal

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
Bluevod Retweeted jessicalarson

Giddy up. They been talking People said I was crazy when I said Expansion was on in Jan took a couple months to leak

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal talking to take all 4?

@sooner2016 they are all over the place talk about a shotgun approach.. Blood is in the water.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal They used the phrase "smell blood in the water" in the article. OU, UT, OSU, KS is very interesting. That would land OU

@sooner2016 Did they really? lol I never read it. But that is what im hearing

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 59m59 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Yep. They said "word has it" B1G has the money to snag away UT.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 3h3 hours ago
Former sports writer at Boston Globe alerting of an "plan" from B1G country to come in and grab OU, UT, OSU and KS.

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 3h3 hours ago
Does anyone really think the B10 and Commish Jim Delany is done with its master plan? Read about it http://TMGcollegesports.com

@blauds Nice article Mark. OU and UT would be a golden package for Delany. If he had to take KS and OUS with too, then so be it.

@blauds In this case Purdue and IL or NW could move to the B1G East. B1G West: KS, UT, OSU, OU, NE, W, NW/IL, MN, IA

Ross ‏@THE_RMac 57m57 minutes agoDallas, TX
More smoke around OU and KU in the B1G. Please let it be so!

ssicalarson ‏@sooner2016 30m30 minutes ago
@THE_RMac Where did you read or hear this?

Ross ‏@THE_RMac 15m15 minutes ago
@sooner2016 can't disclose source but it's one that also was ahead of things when Nebraska moved to the B1G

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 8s9 seconds ago
@THE_RMac Soon at least?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago

Boo-Yah! ‏@Merrick7950 41m41 minutes ago
@flugempire What I've been saying; Fox sees this as oppty move on P5 conf. E $PN articles questioning B12; ulterior motives at work.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 18m18 minutes ago
@Merrick7950 @flugempire FOX would want to move Big 12 schools to B1G and Pac 12? Would make sense to me.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8h8 hours ago
Look guys...Arizona/Arizona St have no interest in B12... Hint: They would never involve themselves in this type of process. Insanity

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 8h8 hours ago
From several who follow #Big12 expansion close, sounding more like two teams, and nearly 20 interviewed, including three current P5 teams.

Joe Davola ‏@sbmoock 8h8 hours ago
@GSwaim any idea who the current teams are? ASU, AU..?

GREG SWAIM Retweeted Joe Davola

Those would be my likely guesses for two of the three.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 5h5 hours ago
Of schools reportedly "interviewed", 70% have no shot...and they know it. But this is just political fluff between university presidents.

Jeff Castro‏@JACastroTTU
@GSw aim Neb?

GREG SWAIM Retweeted Jeff Castro

Bill Snyder thinks so.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8h8 hours ago
@GSw aim Come on Greg. The 3 schools are not ASU/AU/Nebraska or Colorado or..or The pool is G5. There is no swimming going on in deep end

JimdishCT ‏@HuskyCast 7h7 hours ago
@flugempire @GSw aim Funny thing about how teams are viewed differently as soon as they leave G5 league (or former BE) for P5.

ME: Things can get even crazier. :confused:

Reaction Score
Bluevod was certain that "FSU was the key" and that "its lawyers said the GOR was weak". FSU, Ga. Tech, North Carolina and ND were on their way to the Big Ten.

Sure. Now, its Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas......

He has never been right about anything involving CR.

Reaction Score
Bluevod was certain that "FSU was the key" and that "its lawyers said the GOR was weak". FSU, Ga. Tech, North Carolina and ND were on their way to the Big Ten.

Sure. Now, its Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas.

He has never been right about anything involving CR.

The ACC locked themselves up for eternity. Something prompted that.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Im going to admit that im just a recent CR junkie. Was it this insane during the big east break up? I feel like im following a story that was put together by a group of 100 village idiots strewn across multiple continents. In 120 characters or les.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Im going to admit that im just a recent CR junkie. Was it this insane during the big east break up? I feel like im following a story that was put together by a group of 100 village idiots strewn across multiple continents. In 120 characters or les.
Was there Twitter back then? Can't remember. I'd say it wasn't quite as crazy if only because we weren't in the AAC so we hadn't fallen quite as far. But man that feels like forever ago.

Reaction Score
See Dayoopers. The B1G presidents were leading that charge to kick them out while inviting them.

Ok, again... We all know they are no longer AAU. They were when they were admitted which was my original point, so Day proper has said nothing we don't already know.What exactly is yours? Perhaps I missed it

Reaction Score

Runaway NOW and don't ever look back! It too late for the rest of us... Save yourself!!

Reaction Score
Reality check:

UH - What a fricken joke!! Must be 3 am, closing time, and your are very sh#t faced.
UC - You get what you have seen, Alright they get a pass for good FB and BB but that's about it. I kind of like them but its 1am and you are running out of time.
BYU - Strong, but controversial. No clue what time it is, but if your a Morman it doesn't apply
UConn - Has everything but "recent" fb credence. If we start out 5 - 0 the ACC/B1G should tap us. It's 8 pm and you are trying to get a crew together for a big night out.
Everyone else (UM, UCF, uSF, CSU, BSU) - might as well take Temple - they have been BCS before. It's 5 am and you are at the dinner and surprised there is a relatively comatose mate there.

I mean JFC what a fricken snow job ESPN has done on UConn.

Burn Bristol to the ground if UConn is left hanging - S e r i o u s l y

ps only 10 more posts to my 1,000, but maybe I should be like Flug (who
I enjoy) and wait to hear from my ACC BM before I post again. And it is 100% true when I told him (maybe 4/5 years ago) at the grocery store (and he is very high up) when the ACC was way down in bb that they should take Cuse, UConn, WVU, and Pitt to solve their bb woes. Little did I know that it would end up being just Fruit U and Pitt.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom