Non-Key Tweets | Page 589 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Memphis as a B12 candidate really shouldn't be that surprising to anyone. If you have enough $$money$$ you can buy your way into anything. That's just the way it is. Nobody ever said life was suppose to be fair.

Bull. They pretend to buy their way in...the Big East was smart enough to see through it; the AAC and apparently the B12 aren't. So what FedEx will sponsor the championship game, are you telling me there is no other company that would?

Reaction Score
Short or selective. Nobody forgets uconn got blown out by Oklahoma in front of 43 uconn fans that travelled to the fiesta bowl almost 15 years ago.

There were 15k to 20k UConn fans at that game. Also, if memory serves, Didn't ND get blown out a lot worse by Alabama. Funny I don't ever hear that get brought up.

Reaction Score
I find it incredible that no "credible" journalist has yet to say anything tangible this weekend yet several twitter legends seemingly know what's what. the best "source" so far has been aresco

Reaction Score
I find it incredible that no "credible" journalist has yet to say anything tangible this weekend yet several twitter legends seemingly know what's what. the best "source" so far has been aresco
A credible journalist has yet to report because not one single leak has been given out. Its silent because no one knows.

Reaction Score
Short or selective. Nobody forgets uconn got blown out by Oklahoma in front of 43 uconn fans that travelled to the fiesta bowl almost 15 years ago.

Yep. I literally had someone throw this in my face this very afternoon, when I contended that UConn wasn't a "small football school."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The more I think about Memphis, the more pissed I get.

First, let's recall that they were vetted by the Big East/ESPN and determined to bring no-value on account of being surrounded by SEC fans outside of the small city.

Second, they have been terrible at football for anyone's recollectable memory, which seems to be forgotten since they put together two good seasons under a coach and QB that have both left the program.

And third, arguably their top asset, basketball, has been a dumpster fire.

Somehow, none of this seems to matter for them, but if the above applied to UConn we would be raked over the coals.
Yup. It's those 2 good football seasons. Well and geography.

Reaction Score
I agree, Manuel looked awful and was awful during the whole ACC thing and Benedict no idea

Some of lots of this falls on Suzi, her legacy will be impacted with this and the whole emphasis on academics will have yielded nothing when community colleges like Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, Houston end up in better spots

Yup. The whole emphasis on academics will have yielded nothing. Except, of course, making our state flagship university, and thus our state a better place to live. But since she was only hired to keep us big time in sports, big fail.

I love UConn football and hoops as much as anyone but seriously dude -- that's a beyond ridiculous statement.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Amicable can mean a lot of things.

It can mean saving your TV partner $50M, by delaying two schools for a year.

It can mean not reducing the AAC to 8-1/2 teams all at once.

It can give BYU a year to get it's TV and schedule house in order.

It can reduce the buyout/notice period for all AAC schools leaving.

It can even let UCONN and Cincy keep their disproportionate share of the BE exit fees which should still have a little meat left on the bone. Not much, but a few million at least.

We'll just need to wait. It will all be over soon.

Reaction Score
No, buddy, get a simple clue. The point is that emphasizing academics as a means to get P5 focus has failed so far. And longer term when UConn athletics are losing ground it becomes self fulfilling prophecy.

And so what? The college kids rush out of this state as fast as possible, you really think spending huge taxpayer dollars to educate Boston's, NYC's, Atlanta's, DC's, Austin's skilled workers is a mission of UConn's?

Honestly, stop the insults when ur so clueless.

Yup. The whole emphasis on academics will have yielded nothing. Except, of course, making our state flagship university, and thus our state a better place to live. But since she was only hired to keep us big time in sports, big fail.

I love UConn football and hoops as much as anyone but seriously dude -- that's a beyond ridiculous statement.

Reaction Score
No, buddy, get a simple clue. The point is that emphasizing academics as a means to get P5 focus has failed so far. And longer term when UConn athletics are losing ground it becomes self fulfilling prophecy.

And so what? The college kids rush out of this state as fast as possible, you really think spending huge taxpayer dollars to educate Boston's, NYC's, Atlanta's, DC's, Austin's skilled workers is a mission of UConn's?

And don't big time athletics make our state a better place to live too?

Reaction Score

Do you have a Big East banner up in your house in a place where you pray to the basketball gods for the return of UConn to that bulls**t conference made up of those leech catholic schools?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The academic side brings in a lot more money that the best athletic department. Improving academics at the State U in a state that relies on a highly educated workforce should be a priority in its own right. If it brings a P5 invite that's a bonus.

Reaction Score
Honestly, no one wants to live in CT, young, middle, old, anyone. So funding an expensive school for kids who have zero interest living and working in CT seems meaningless if we can't at least get some good sports stuff.

The academic side brings in a lot more money that the best athletic department. Improving academics at the State U in a state that relies on a highly educated workforce should be a priority in its own right. If it brings a P5 invite that's a bonus.

Reaction Score
Honestly, no one wants to live in CT, young, middle, old, anyone. So funding an expensive school for kids who have zero interest living and working in CT seems meaningless if we can't at least get some good sports stuff.

Could someone who knows this guy please clarify. He's being facetious, correct?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom