Non-Key Tweets | Page 543 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Texas screwed up in 2010 when they took the LHN bribe to stay in the Big 12.

They could be in a Pac-16 East division right now with OU, A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State.

That would've been a pretty cool division.
... and the Big East would have picked up the best of the rest of the Big 12, quite possibly stabilizing the conference.

Thanks a lot for coming to that realization now, you bastards.

:(

Reaction Score
I think the compromise will be 2 now and 2 later.

The two football only schools is an idea, but if you do it why not do it as part of an expansion to 14? Go BYU and CSU football only in the west and UConn/Cincy in the east as all members. Eliminates going fully into a third timezone, but adds solid football programs that will help conference stay competitive on gridiron. UConn and Cincy give West Virginia eastern partners and add good markets and year round content for a network.

Reaction Score
Interesting idea - fraught with execution challenges....as in, making a deal with the BE & B12 while exiting the AAC will be a tricky discussion and hard to keep under wraps.
Getting the Big East to agree to take us in basketball would require a 30-second phone call from Herbst.

Reaction Score
Getting the Big East to agree to take us in basketball would require a 30-second phone call from Herbst.

This idea that the Big East wouldn't take back its most valuable member because of some irrelevant nonsense like the fact that we're not a catholic school is one of the weirder ideas I've heard posited during all of this nonsense. They want to make money, and we're easily the most valuable basketball property on the board, right inside the Big East's footprint, and we have a ton of history with most of the teams in the league.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One risk with the football only approach....that in the next CRA churn - say 2025 or thereafter, I would feel vulnerable to be ditch all over again....just like the runaway from the BE.....but probably can't worry about that if this is the option provided.

Reaction Score
blauds 11:37am via Mobile Web (M2)
Cmpromise idea for Big 12 expansion--add BYU and one other school for football only.
A compromise for Big 12 expansion

OMFG. Dog track time for Blauds. Seriously. The XII will go to New England, take UConn for football and protect itself by not taking UConn basketball. I don't know if you could have a more stupid idea than that.

FWIW, UConn says yes to that in a heartbeat. Who knows if the Big East lets us in (presumably Fox pressures it to), but even if not, football in the Big XII and everything else in the A-Ten would be a deal we'd take in a heartbeat. Take UConn out of the picture and the A-Ten is slightly better than the AAC in hoops, but if they're only even it's at least a geographic fit with opponents we can give a damn about.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
We will get flamed for tweeting this..but..
BTM: OU contacts this morning still optimistic B12 will make decision to expand by end of Summer

BTM:OU contacts have told us Oklahoma University will espouse their expansion position today, Thursday, June 2nd.
Before Friday data dump.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@frankthetank111
If 2 new members(or 4)take 4-5 year haircuts on tier 1/2 TV deals (23 mil each school) then UT can be made whole on B12N

@frankthetank111
....At least until 2024
B12N Subscription model does not alone have to create approx 120 mil of distribution to schools

@frankthetank111
However, B12N model would need to be able to sustain itself in years after "haircut years" have been completed.

Reaction Score
One risk with the football only approach....that in the next CRA churn - say 2025 or thereafter, I would feel vulnerable to be ditch all over again....just like the runaway from the BE.....but probably can't worry about that if this is the option provided.

Sorry, but that's a misuse of the word risk. Does XII for football and everything else in the Big East or A-Ten leave us more vulnerable than being in a P-5 league fully? Yes. But it leaves us light years less vulnerable than we are today.

Reaction Score
I agree this would be a risk, but it would be less of one than remaining in the AAC long term. That said, I think the proposition is stupid as BL pointed out and won't happen. No reason for the B12 to come all the way east to take us and leave our two most valuable sports on the table.

Reaction Score
We will get flamed for tweeting this..but..
BTM: OU contacts this morning still optimistic B12 will make decision to expand by end of Summer

BTM:OU contacts have told us Oklahoma University will espouse their expansion position today, Thursday, June 2nd.
Before Friday data dump.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@frankthetank111
If 2 new members(or 4)take 4-5 year haircuts on tier 1/2 TV deals (23 mil each school) then UT can be made whole on B12N

@frankthetank111
....At least until 2024
B12N Subscription model does not alone have to create approx 120 mil of distribution to schools

@frankthetank111
However, B12N model would need to be able to sustain itself in years after "haircut years" have been completed.

Wait, I thought math, statistics and logical reasoning weren't allowed in B12 internal expansion discussions, only bickering, d*ck swinging, and tweets from WV fans. What gives?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
ME: I think it's dawning on MH ver that the Big 12 isn't long for the world.[/QUOTE]

All scenarios lead to a soft comfy chair for WVU to land in, so no worries on his end.

Reaction Score
When it comes to conference realignment, there are no more delusional posters than those from west by God Virginia. Isolated market and horrific/embarrassing academic are going to doom the couch-burners in the next shake out.
WVU, Iowa State, Texas Tech, TCU and K State are all in for a rude surprise.

Reaction Score
When it comes to conference realignment, there are no more delusional posters than those from west by God Virginia. Isolated market and horrific/embarrassing academic are going to doom the couch-burners in the next shake out.
WVU, Iowa State, Texas Tech, TCU and K State are all in for a rude surprise.
You can definitely add Baylor to that list...and that group will make a nice addition to the AAC.

Reaction Score
You can definitely add Baylor to that list...and that group will make a nice addition to the AAC.

Hopefully the end of The Big 12's Deal coincides with the end of The AAC's as well. Should Armageddon occur and UT, OU, and KU bolt, the remaining 7 with a select few others would make a very nice conference.

West- BYU, CSU, K State OK State, TTU, TCU, Baylor, Houston,
East- ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCONN, Navy, Temple, UCF, USF

Reaction Score
I wonder about Wake Forrest also. That is if the ACC has a major shake up.
I do not see the B1G unloading its also rans, Purdue, NW, et.al.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hopefully the end of The Big 12's Deal coincides with the end of The AAC's as well. Should Armageddon occur and UT, OU, and KU bolt, the remaining 7 with a select few others would make a very nice conference.

West- BYU, CSU, K State OK State, TTU, TCU, Baylor, Houston,
East- ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCONN, Navy, Temple, UCF, USF

I'll take it. Take it today. And don't shoot me.

Reaction Score

Which is why I don't understand why these schools aren't 100% behind expansion. Don't they realize that they won't be in a good place if/when Texas and OU leave?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom