Non-Key Tweets | Page 453 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They should threaten legal action against flugempire too with his fake Big Ten Man (BTM) that he uses.

All right, nutball.

For the purposes of indentication, let us know what school you're from so we can determine how best to relate to you.

Also, we'd like to instroduce you to our Florida State nut, Virginia nut and Rutgers nut. I think there's a Notre Dame nut here, too, but he only reads his own posts.

Reaction Score
Lol. Mh ver on Hiatus

This will be my last set of tweets for at least a month. Getting threatened with legal action from the B10 conference
I love the finite term. He only has to stop for a month or so. I can see the letter.

"Dear Mr. Mhver, please cease and desist your crap... But you can start again in a month or two. Sincerely, The B1G."

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3
This will be my last set of tweets for at least a month. Getting threatened with legal action from the B10 conference

I guess free information isn't free after all

I have a friend who sent multiple FOIA's to B10 offices and UNC and UVA.

A week later I get a letter from an Attorney on retainer from the conf nicely threatening me to stop talking about them on Twitter

For real?

So I am enlisting a couple of friends who are attorneys and they advised me to stop talking about it for at least 30 days.

I made the mistake of not hiding my identity very well in the beginning. Too many know my real name/Facebook/email.

I shall return!

Reaction Score
From an academic viewpoint, BC's admissions rate (undergrad) is lower and its incoming freshman scores are higher than BU. BC's law, nursing and education program are better than BU's. BC also gets a bump in the numbers because it becomes 'the' school to go to for many of the old-school catholic families and catholic HS's in the region (BC High, Catholic Memorial, St. John's, Xavier, Madlen Catholic, etc.). BU has a medical, engineering, and bunch of other STEM oriented programs that BC does not have. BU's communications school is also very well respected. BU's business school, which I went to for my MBA part-time, is better than BC. BU also draws kids who want an urban school (like NYC) while BC has more of a campus like setting. They are both as expensive as heck. Thus, from an academic standpoint, its a wash as they are two somewhat different animals. BU is more like Northeastern, another big urban STEM school, while BC is closer to Holy Cross as both lean liberal arts.

I am telling you right now that in the Carnegies the BU depts in liberal arts and social sciences just blow BCs out of the water. This is probably a measure of where faculty would rather teach. Better faculty at BU. So... it's no surprise the higher test scores are at BC, because they have 1/3rd as many students. But BU has more productive faculty.

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3

A week later I get a letter from an Attorney on retainer from the conf nicely threatening me to stop talking about them on Twitter

For real?

So I am enlisting a couple of friends who are attorneys and they advised me to stop talking about it for at least 30 days.

I made the mistake of not hiding my identity very well in the beginning. Too many know my real name/Facebook/email.

I shall return!

What a load of crap.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3

For real?

I shall return!

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty whispers:
Psst psst!
Open an account called Not Jostar. If anyone asked who posted something just answer truthfully Not Jostar.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3

For real?

I shall return!
@businesslawyer, really this is your advice?

Reaction Score
I am struggling to come up with something I care less about than BU versus BC.

You're on a non-key tweet thread living and dying on the words of a dude from West Virginia. BU v. BC is infinitely more relevant.

Reaction Score
That's what Swofford thought ..... how's that working out for him???

Actually, not bad.

He took a conference that was in a death battle and secured the future for a decade and a half....secured a place in the P5, secured all kinds of exposure on ESPN platforms, and has had national championships in football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and lacrosse in the last several seasons.

Now...going north was a mistake, I'll grant you.

Reaction Score
Actually, not bad.

He took a conference that was in a death battle and secured the future for a decade and a half....secured a place in the P5, secured all kinds of exposure on ESPN platforms, and has had national championships in football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and lacrosse in the last several seasons.

Going north was definitely not a mistake ... if it had resulted in the desired results ...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Actually, not bad.

Poster A says a topic about BCU is more relevant than the topic that was at hand.

Poster B says Swofford thought BCU was relevant too and insinuates that he- meaning Swofford- was wrong.

BillyBob or whoever you are, in an attempt at counter-pointing a poster saying things haven't worked out well for Swofford in respect to his decision to take BCU, says things have worked out well for Swofford and highlights all the accomplishments of the ACC since BCU joined. Then, in his very next sentence, tells us "going north" was a mistake, even though he just ran down a list of things the league has accomplished since "going north."

Do you now see why we think you're delusional?

Reaction Score
Actually, not bad.

He's referring to the fact that the ACC thought it invited Boston University instead of Boston College.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Big Ten is not expanding anytime soon because schools they would expand with are tied to a GOR....not available at this time. Period.

Big Ten is very very interested in OU/KU if B12 implodes (half of B12 leaves Conf same time) and interested in VA/VATECH when GOR ends..

But none of those scenarios are in play now.... GOR's are real. ACC GOR is real...not tied to ACCN creation.

Boren is honestly trying to save the B12 There is your story. All other stuff is pure fantasy. No..FSU/Clemson not going to B12

To save B12 Boren is trying to "thread the needle" UC/UCONN...increase footprint...create B12N with value. Get FOX/ESPN on board.

So no...the Big Ten has not told me to shut up
1f600.png
. No need for lawyers
1f37b.png
. Everybody get a grip. Good grief.

Barrett Johnson ‏@bjohnson32806 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire What about being preemptive and enter FL with UCF/USF? If you want tv markets and recruiting.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 54m54 minutes ago
@bjohnson32806 ESPN does not want a B12N in FL...does not want FIX tier 1 P5 content to be in FL.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 43m43 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV Indirectly...yes OU and B1G have talked...are talking...indirectly.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 42m42 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV But OU is not going to break the B12 GOR without total internal B12 implosion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 41m41 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV B12 GOR is real. ACC GOR is real.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 38m38 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV OU and B1G have a shared interest with each other. No doubt.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 49s49 seconds ago
Why would the B1G threaten a lawsuit against anyone spewing fiction on Twitter? Think about that....

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
"Why would the B1G threaten a lawsuit against anyone spewing fiction on Twitter?" Um, pretty sure that happens often enough to have a specific term attached to it--libel. I'm sure it's true that OU and B1G have at least talked a little bit, but that last comment by Dude of WV made me laugh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom