Non-Key Tweets | Page 510 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are 100% right national reporters have zero business instincts.

But what worries me is what they do have: sources and influence.

If so many national reporters are down on UConn it worries me that

1) They know something.

2) They know nothing, but are influencing the decision makers.

So, yeah, not feeling so great.

Cheer up, they have no influence.

If you'd like some evidence they know nothing.... other than catching
on to Louisville on day 3 - nobody has really had anything until it happened.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People need to get something. We have the biggest brand, we have all the numbers and we have the best market. The grids don't lie. We are a giant among G5s. The reason these regional pi** ants don't back us is the same reason Cuse fans call us mid major, BC fans pretend they don't think we're rivals and UCF fans think they have any rational means justifying their place beside us. Everybody loves to tear down a winner. Look at the way people relish Deflategate. We will compete, we will win titles and we will push some schools down a notch in any P5 conference. They don't want that.

Why do fans and writers in Memphis or Houston leave us off their list of B12 prospects despite us being by far and away the best option? Because it is all they've got. What else can they do but make light of us? They can't compete on paper or on the field.

They don't get that geography doesn't matter in the 21st Century.

It's hard to let go of location.

Reaction Score
You are 100% right national reporters have zero business instincts.

But what worries me is what they do have: sources and influence.

If so many national reporters are down on UConn it worries me that

1) They know something.

2) They know nothing, but are influencing the decision makers.

So, yeah, not feeling so great.

I hear what you're saying. But I also think they hear what they want to hear and discuss what they hope will be the case. Especially in an informal environment like this. I doubt they know anything yet but they do influence others. I still think we add the most value. Hopefully the real decision makers are listening to a strong case from UConn and not these idiots.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 36m36 minutes ago
Guys nothing is a done deal yet. Cincy was not told they are a lock for #11(but they probably will get in). Smh.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 35m35 minutes ago
Still a lot of red tape to go through before they even have a vote on new members.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 33m33 minutes ago
And some of the people spewing this stuff were ADAMANT the B12 wasn't expanding and that I was full of sh it just days ago

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
One more thing. Just because research firms recommend certain schools that doesn't keep B12 from picking others.

C.L.H. ‏@calluke1 12m12 minutes ago
@MH ver3 then why pay huge money for a firm just to do own thing anyway?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
@calluke1 to know the risks and rewards my friend.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
Like I said this isn't over. It's just begun!

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 14m14 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Was your WVU source just speculating about UC probably getting in or does he know something for sure?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
@zthedges he was speculating based on conversations had with Gee. But no one is telling schools they are or aren't in yet.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 12m12 minutes ago
@MH ver3 give any details on that conversation with Gee?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
@zthedges nothing I haven't already told you guys in different words really.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 10m10 minutes ago
@zthedges lets just say Cincy has big fans in Ken Starr, Gorden Gee, and Boren.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 9m9 minutes ago
@MH ver3 but not anyone at Texas, apparently

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 thanks

MH ver3 ‏@MH v er3 10m10 minutes ago
@zthedges as does Uconn. BYU is to appease UT and TT.

@zthedges and UCF would be for market and recruiting

@zthedges although Memphis gives a decent market and recruiting base too

Bryan ‏@breid6791 16m16 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Cincy, UCONN, BYU, CSU

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
@breid6791 you know, I'd be ok with that. 2 in the east 2 in the west.

Bryan ‏@breid6791 14m14 minutes ago
@MH ver3 new TV markets = more revenue. B12 has to learn from mistakes of SWC.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
@breid6791 which is why UCF and USF are even on the radar

Bryan ‏@breid6791 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 agreed. UCF especially has a legit case. Good TV market, big student body, good academics and fertile recruiting grounds.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 1h1 hour ago
@Roush360R @Lego1512 @Bluevodreal @ChildersRadio chip broen on radio today said ok and tx to big...package deal.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 39m39 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @Roush360R @Lego1512 @ChildersRadio that has always been the goal and the big get. I heard it several months ago and then quiet.

ohiosportsfanatic ‏@morrison1124 18m18 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal I'm confused is it tx and okl? What happened to ACC schools? Seems to be a lot of mixed information. Thought fsu was 1st domino

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 14m14 minutes ago
@morrison1124 I think they are but I know Texas as always been the prize. So Texas, Okl UVA, FSU,GT, NC. ND in play

ohiosportsfanatic ‏@morrison1124 13m13 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal wow!! If that happens, you are the man for calling it! This from a diehard OSU fan ha! Hope your right!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2m2 minutes ago
@morrison1124 my gut tells me Texas is in it and there has been head fakes to throw everyone off

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 33m33 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @Expansion_Crush I find this more than a bit interesting... Give me some time...I'm going to check this out.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 23m23 minutes ago
http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/handbook/Bylaws.pdf… 1.3.1.4

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 21m21 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/728395545211904000… "Optimize revenues and provide supporting services compatible with both academic and competitive excellence"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 17m17 minutes ago
http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/handbook/Bylaws.pdf… I'm running this 1.3.1.4 up the flag pole and see what we get...going to need a couple of days...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago
Thank you to @RedDirtSport for bringing 1.3.1.4 into the discussion. The league does have responsibilities...to its Insitutions..huumm..

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 13m13 minutes agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire would 1.3.1.5 be true also. Seems there's something there re: Texas influence

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5m5 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @RedDirtSport I'm not sure either,but if there is anything in the GOR that's says B12 must keep its responsibilities..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @RedDirtSport But I do agree with the notion that Boren will have ammo/data in tying B12 to not optimizing $ if no reform

Reaction Score
For fun, let's say the following teams join the B1g. Texas, Okl UVA, FSU,GT, NC. ND, plus maybe one. That's 20-22 teams across 2 divisions. No rocket science here, but approximately 1/2 of the teams will be at 500 or less every year. There will be 2 division winners and 18/20 "losers". If they don't expand the b1g football playoffs, there are going to be a lot of unhappy schools. Do you think Indiana or Purdue ever gets a whiff of first place? The Texas and Ohio State fans may be happy at the prospects of the larger league now, but that will change. Basketball on the hand will be a blast!

Reaction Score
The thing I take away from all this is that national sports writers have zero business instincts. "The B12 is falling further and further behind the B1G and the SEC. No one they add can match them. Therefore they should do nothing to minimize that gap." Huh? These clowns think UConn is behind Cincy, BYU, UCF, Memphis AND Houston. Do they think the athletic success and scandals and mismanagement at Rutgers led to their massive payday? Everyone except Texas should be begging for expansion and doing everything humanly possible to put together a conference network and championship game or this conference will be left in a dust bowl in 5 years and tens of millions of dollars in annual revenue with it for all but OK, KS, and Tx. But UConn does nothing for the B12. Duh.

They were looking for something negative to say.

The stuff about markets was telling. "Memphis has a really good market for the B12 but Fuente left." Same with UCF and Cincy, great markets. They get to UConn and they say, the thinking is that they can bring NYC in, but they have no pull in NYC, and they are not going to bring in the northeast market.

Silly reasoning, just looking for something negative to say. Might as well say Cincy isn't going to bring in the Midwest market.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
So the other research firm is working on our modified TV numbers with expansion and CCG. It's good news.

Not only is it a myth that G5 schools don't add value-it's an outright lie.

I CANNOT believe I'm saying this but here goes, a couple things that despite all the chatter this week, people don't seem to be mentioning::

1) isn't he right about another report coming? As I recall, navigate was hired to run the testing on the playoff scenarios and another firm was hired to run the media projections? We haven't heard a peep about that as far as I know yet, and that's likely our biggest asset, media markets.

2) wasn't there also a revelation about the B12 deal from a year or so ago that the pro-rata portions of the media deal would not be reduced if 2 teams were added? Like the deal would increase proportionally. Is that not a potential compromise point if LHN and B12N meet a roadblock? Add 2 teams, everyone's media shares stay the same, improve CFP opportunities, add CCG, work towards a network in the interim.

Reaction Score
I am confused. If someone hears good news regarding CR, and they are an allegedly a reliable source, it can only mean that an invite is coming whether they state such or not. There is no other good news in CR other than an invite for UConn. Over a year has now passed and there is really nothing of substance. Even our new AD has stated that CR will happen if it is meant to be. I think Skiblet's source was likely incorrect.
Let me help make it more clear.

Let's say just for arguments sake that Skiblets inferred UConn had signed a confidentialy agreement with the B1G. Now that does not mean that UConn is going to the B1G. But it is good news regarding CR.

Its been over a year and I can't remember exactly what Skiblets posted in the first place. But I do remember that he did not infer that an invitation was ever imminent.

Reaction Score
Debra From Facebok
‏@DebraFacebook
UCONN and Temple will be joining the ACC per sources close to the situation.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 9h9 hours ago
@UConn6thBorough @ki676love @DebraFacebook I read the others and she was on point

If true, congrats to UCONN. You have arrived at the big dollar table.

Reaction Score
Debra From Facebok
‏@DebraFacebook

@UConn6thBorough @ki676love @DebraFacebook I read the others and she was on point

I don't know whether to trust this. Facebok is the South African outlet for FB. Not sure anyone has good sources in South Africa, but hey, this is the non-key tweet thread.

Reaction Score
Seems+legit.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't know whether to trust this. Facebok is the South African outlet for FB. Not sure anyone has good sources in South Africa, but hey, this is the non-key tweet thread.

From the other tweets, it seems like this person is in Texas and "Facebok" is a typo. Tweet is very strange. Hey, we've been wondering if the ACC is going to make a move on UConn now that the Big 12 could be in play.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
At this point, I would read what Debra from Facebook says about CR before reading about many national sports writers have to say. I am tired of reading "if the Big 12 expands with, say, Cincinnati and Tulane/Tulsa/SMU/UCF/USF/Memphis/Houston..." nonsense.

Reaction Score
Another problem is it was brought to your Titterverse by J ‏@UCONNfan14. No offense (I know it's someone that reads the Boneyard) but dude is unhinged, to say the least.

He had a few unbalanced weeks on Twitter running breathlessly back and forth between Flugs, Mver, Dude, and Bluevod. Now he's switched the game to make it seem he has sources and "hears" things.

Sad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
Source at WVU believes if no ACC schools can be added then we add UC and Uconn in all sports and BYU and UCF in football only.

CHOP ‏@Ruknighttime 4h4 hours ago

@BrewDog44 no idea.

Source at WVU says 2 teams in all sports and 2 in FB add enough inventory for network. Also not getting BYU unless fb only due to byutv

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 why would BYUtv be in the way of full sports invite?

@nathanmills not sure it's just what he told me.

I have to say this last bit makes sense and suggests to me that his source may be real. BYUTV means everything to BYU. It is a forum to reach the LDS and covers more than sports. They can't surrender it, and without content, it can't sustain itself. So BYU for football is very logical.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmmn, there may be more to this story than meets the eye:
Jim@aol.com
Hearing that ESPN is very concerned about loss of Big Ten content and is moving to shore up the ACC. If the Big 12 gets a network first FSU and another school, likely Clemson will move.

Jim@aol.com
ESPN/ACC scrambling to get network in place. The best shot for ESPN to be able to recoup cost of network is to add bodies. That means Connecticut with the 30th largest DMA in the Hartford/New Haven Market.

Jim@aol.com
When you add the million +/- residents who are counted as part of the NYC DMA UConn brings the equivalent of a top 20 DMA. It is the best G5 pick up available.

Jim@aol.com

ACC considering Temple as UConn's partner. Temple doesn't own the Philly market, but it does reside there. That should be enough for ACCN to get slight increase in fee for access to the network.

Jim@aol.com
The idea is that subscription can be low and still be worthwhile since market # of households in Philly.

Jim@aol.com

In contrast, an internal ACC study shows Connecticut residents will pay big $$$ for access to UConn games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Debra From Facebok
‏@DebraFacebook

Where the hell did that come from? I know our pet theory has been that any indication that UConn may get an invite elsewhere could cause the ACC to act, but wouldn't be weird if true? There were definitely reports when they chose UL that "UConn would always be there but the Big 12 wanted Louisville" was part of the rationale.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Where the hell did that come from? I know our pet theory has been that any indication that UConn may get an invite elsewhere could cause the ACC to act, but wouldn't be weird if true?
No. It's a good theory, and UConn + Temple make sense geographically. UConn walks into the conference as a perfect fit, Temple a little less so but 1) they have a huge enrollment & alumni base for a catholic school; and 2) we saw what 1 good football season could do for their profile/attendance.

This theory came about because it makes sense, and has been repeatedly dismissed b/c what the ACC does never makes sense. Perhaps the times are a changin'.

FWIW I work in sports media and am beating all the bushes right now.

EDIT: Weird error re: Temple on my part!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom