Non-Key Tweets | Page 354 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
What was posted after spring practice?

Skiblets posted something (which I believe has since been deleted) that he had very strong intel heard during the spring game that things were going to work out for UConn on the conference front. Wasn't specific as to details (like who and when) but did leave a few clues. One was that it didn't involve a Coast, which eliminated the ACC, and I guess the Pac-12 as well.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is the crux of the argument. Miss this boat, and just remember the last one went out going on 4 years now.

I''m not convinced we are a front runner, not even convince the 12 will expand, but if they do..... whatever it takes like WVU last go round.

Seriously, all I know is I will be bummed out if we are passed over for two schools in this league. That is all.
What did WVU do last time around other than be a warm body, like TCU? I guess both could point to some football successes which frankly doesn't bode well for UConn. Well unless the chatter about UConn's academics (from Tramel) actually carries weight with B12 schools. I was really, really doubtful on this last year, hopefully the line about being a "University of ______" and markets will be enough to sway the B12 presidents to overrule what the the B12 football coaches want (recruiting). Cause if it doesn't, it'll be Memphis or Houston or a Directional Florida. Million dollar question is - was Tramel reporting what OU, maybe UT want, or is it wider among the other B12 schools?
I got a real good feeling about this. If B12 expands, I beleive we are in. There seems to be a lot of smoke lately and can't shake what was posted after spring practice.
Now you've done it. We're doooooooooooooooomed.

Reaction Score
What does UH bring to the Big 12 that they don't already have, wasn't that the same argument against TCU and the only reason they got in was desperation.

Houston in tandem with another school gives the XII a football playoff and Houston itself gives U Texas more power at the State Capitol in Austin, which is very important to U Texas especially in light of A&M's growing influence.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"Jim, we have an invite in hand from the Big 12. You and I both know it is not our ideal situation. However, we don't have much choice unless you can give me a bona fide invite as well..."

"John, we have an invite in hand from the Big 12. You and I both know it is not our ideal situation. However, we don't have much choice unless you can give me a bona fide invite as well..."

There is no way that is happening.

You aren't getting an invite unless they know you have accepted it.

Reaction Score
Have @ it...

GOZZER5135:52pm via Twitter for iPad
Multiple reliable sources said its BYU & Cincy to Big 12. UConn coming out of the woodwork is desperation like UC was when Lville went ACC

JMF ‏@GOZZER513 1h1 hour ago
@Brian_T_miller @MStine_4 I have no clue. I'm not pretending to be in the know.

I saw that, hence the placement in "Non-Key Tweets". He may not be "in the know" but he has pretty strong opinion about UConn. Combating and educating these types has become a sport for some on here - just sharing.

Reaction Score
This board will have a major meltdown if we are passed over.
If its BYU and Cincinnati it will suck, but not as bad as if its two schools from this league.

Reaction Score
I saw that, hence the placement in "Non-Key Tweets". He may not be "in the know" but he has pretty strong opinion about UConn. Combating and educating these types has become a sport for some on here - just sharing.
He was arguing about that with his own fans...his "sources" are the Thamel article in SI...

Reaction Score
What did WVU do last time around other than be a warm body, like TCU? I guess both could point to some football successes which frankly doesn't bode well for UConn. Well unless the chatter about UConn's academics (from Tramel) actually carries weight with B12 schools. I was really, really doubtful on this last year, hopefully the line about being a "University of ______" and markets will be enough to sway the B12 presidents to overrule what the the B12 football coaches want (recruiting). Cause if it doesn't, it'll be Memphis or Houston or a Directional Florida. Million dollar question is - was Tramel reporting what OU, maybe UT want, or is it wider among the other B12 schools?

Now you've done it. We're doooooooooooooooomed.
What WVU did was made it known in no uncertain terms that they would do whatever it took. They agreed to a hiked up exit fee from the Big East, ignored the 27 month waiting period. I don't know what circumstances are for us, but whatever it takes. May not be enough.

Reaction Score
They are coming out of the woodwork...

6a0120a6abf659970b0133ed548d72970b-pi

Reaction Score
On LandThieves, a Kansas State fan commented that someone on their premium fan board said:

"Will expand with Cincy/UCONN by 2017 and if not by then won't expand at all. Not going past 12. Source is a friend who works at one of the networks and is involved in putting contracts together."

This was last Thursday.

I'm loving all this smoke...

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
On LandThieves, a Kansas State fan commented that someone on their premium fan board said:

"Will expand with Cincy/UCONN by 2017 and if not by then won't expand at all. Not going past 12. Source is a friend who works at one of the networks and is involved in putting contracts together."

This was last Thursday.

I'm loving all this smoke...
I want Cincinnati to get out of this mess that is the AAC. If we can bring you guys along too, that would be awesome.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I want Cincinnati to get out of this mess that is the AAC. If we can bring you guys along too, that would be awesome.
I would not mind a conference that features games against you guys, Kansas, Texas, ISU, Oklahoma, Okie State and Baylor. Not at all.

Would it be as good as the B1G or ACC? Nope. But f*&$ it - let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Reaction Score
I would not mind a conference that features games against you guys, Kansas, Texas, ISU, Oklahoma, Okie State and Baylor. Not at all.

Would it be as good as the B1G or ACC? Nope. But f*&$ it - let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
If Smart can get UT back to where Barnes had them in their hey day...a B12 including UCONN and Cincy would be a better hoops conference than the B1G.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If Smart can get UT back to where Barnes had them in their hey day...a B12 including UCONN and Cincy would be a better hoops conference than the B1G.
Maybe. I still think if you add UConn to the B1G you'd get the best possible conference, but I'm officially in "any port in a storm" mode.

Reaction Score
FfldCntyFan said:
What makes you so sure we wouldn't be bringing you along?

Haha. This is one squabble I'd happily welcome -- and couldn't care less about who was right. If the only seat left on the last chariot out of town is one where you get pooped on by the horses, give me a parasol and get me out of town.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom