Non-Key Tweets | Page 799 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
IDK - how about a all sports but football offer at $10MM a year?
Or a scenario where the ACC and/or B10 keep whispering about the great reset that is about 7 to 10 years out?

In any event, yes I do think we should take it - even if football has to stay independent. A new wonky B12 is more likely to survive the full bloom NIL era than the BE.

The Office Reaction GIF

UConn will not get some all sports other than football offer. And if it did, it wouldn't make sense to move again.
besides, no men's soccer, no field hockey. I mean, maybe if Nova and a couple others decided to go then we'd be forced to move.

Reaction Score
IDK - how about a all sports but football offer at $10MM a year?
Or a scenario where the ACC and/or B10 keep whispering about the great reset that is about 7 to 10 years out?

In any event, yes I do think we should take it - even if football has to stay independent. A new wonky B12 is more likely to survive the full bloom NIL era than the BE.
Next big east contract.. im thinking 7 or 8 million a year per school…if we got 10 million from the big 12… with travel… we would be better off in the big east… now if your talking football and 31 million… thats a different story

Reaction Score
The Office Reaction GIF

UConn will not get some all sports other than football offer. And if it did, it wouldn't make sense to move again.
besides, no men's soccer, no field hockey. I mean, maybe if Nova and a couple others decided to go then we'd be forced to move.

Reaction Score
So....scholarship limts go out the window when youcan pay the athlete's costs with NIL and not an athletic scholarship....

There never were "parity" controls in NCAA, but now the pretense is gone.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
36m
Just got a tidbit from my B12 source telling me that member schools may vote to use the TXOU $100m exit money as buy-in money for western additions. Not sure what he means by that yet.

MHer3@MH ver3
·
32m
Edit to previous post: Fox is getting $20m from the $100m and 3 OOC games to satisfy the deal. B12 member schools will be voting on what to do with the other $80m and will be made whole on the money they paid the 4 additions for 2023.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
30m
B12 had TXOU over a barrel. Why did they let them off so relatively easy? Because ESPN wanted it. And we need ESPN in our corner for the next act.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
25m
Something else TXOU early exit did: it weakened the once-ironclad Grant of rights. Sure it was only a year but it proves anything can be negotiated down. ACC poaching could begin a little earlier than expected. Not imminent-but not 10 years down the road.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
36m
Just got a tidbit from my B12 source telling me that member schools may vote to use the TXOU $100m exit money as buy-in money for western additions. Not sure what he means by that yet.

MHer3@MH ver3
·
32m
Edit to previous post: Fox is getting $20m from the $100m and 3 OOC games to satisfy the deal. B12 member schools will be voting on what to do with the other $80m and will be made whole on the money they paid the 4 additions for 2023.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
30m
B12 had TXOU over a barrel. Why did they let them off so relatively easy? Because ESPN wanted it. And we need ESPN in our corner for the next act.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
25m
Something else TXOU early exit did: it weakened the once-ironclad Grant of rights. Sure it was only a year but it proves anything can be negotiated down. ACC poaching could begin a little earlier than expected. Not imminent-but not 10 years down the road.
insane. they're all a bunch of . . . whatchamacallit

Reaction Score
Alabama's, Louisianna's, and South Carolina's legislatures passed similar bills...

Reaction Score
[ Why is that name still muted] has never been right about anything. Don't think that has suddenly changed. I don't see anyway UConn takes a olympic sports only invite -- even though the competition would be better in most sports. I think UConn will be a full-member candidate if the football success under Mora can be sustained. I don't see the BIg 12 going east at all right now. They have three schools in the eastern time zone and zero in the pacific.

On Fluguar's show last night, his guest, Ryan Martin, mentions the UConn-Big 12 talks rumor at 46:00 (I don't know who Ryan Martin is). Also, UConn mention at 1:31:00, 2:10:00, 2:21:00, and 2:27:00. The talk is about basketball.

Reaction Score
On Fluguar's show last night, his guest, Ryan Martin, mentions the UConn-Big 12 tal rumor at 46:00 (I don't know who Ryan Martin is). Also, UConn mention at 1:31:00, 2:10:00, 2:21:00, and 2:27:00. The talk is about basketball.

Sign me up, oh wait it’s Flug

Reaction Score
[WV No Name] just tweeted that Kliavkoff will visit Boise State, UNLV and Fresno State in the next few weeks and that Air Force and Colorado State have contacted the conference.

Reaction Score
Sign me up, oh wait it’s Flug
Well, I think you have to put it in context. UConn is being mentioned because of the talk of Gonzaga being added to the Big 12. That came out in a story written by Dennis Dodd: “More recently, Yormark has advocated for Gonzaga joining as a basketball-only member. Even though the financial gain for the Big 12 would be minimal by adding the Zags, Yormark sees a future increase in college basketball rights as streaming giants get more involved in sports.”

As brought out in Flugaur’s video, Yormark’s background is in basketball. And maybe with streaming, and Amazon possibly entering the picture, the metrics have changed.

Yormark has also stated that he wants the conference to be national: “I’m going to telegraph it, I’m going to be very transparent to take action to expand, and I’ve done that,” Yormark said. “The rationale behind it is I aspire for this conference to be truly national. From a geographic standpoint, we need to have fans and institutions spread across this great country, from east to west. In addition, I want to provide scheduling opportunities for our media partners, so we’re in every time zone.”

I am just glad that UConn is being talked about. For so long, as far as realignment goes, it’s like UConn has fallen off the face of the earth.

Reaction Score
i hope the big east looks at Amazon and Apple as a possible media partner

Reaction Score
I hope not. I like being able to see all of UConn's games on TV.
Its all about the money… we need it to compete…they would have to pay alot more then fox … but they have deep pockets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Its all about the money… we need it to compete…they would have to pay alot more then fox … but they have deep pockets
Even if they were willing to pay substantially more than Fox, say 10 million per school instead of 7 million per school, I would be very hesitant to enter into a media deal that has only streaming content. It makes us much less visible. Even a mixed deal between Fox and Amazon would concern me.

Reaction Score
If Villanova and uconn left… that would destroy the big east…
I think Crieghton and Xavier are the power players in the Big East. Villanova and UConn middle of the pack

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom