Non-Key Tweets | Page 796 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
If he said that, he's an idiot.

He said it just last week.

He calls Big Ten revenue for UCLA a "small delta" before factoring in added expenses.

He claims the next PAC 12 media rights deal will "close the gap" with the B1G and SEC.

Reaction Score
When USC and UCLA join the B1G, the tradition of the Rose Bowl goes with them. When you think Rose Bowl, you think USC vs. Ohio State or Michigan first and foremost.

I still think it’s only a matter of time until additional PAC schools join the B1G. The PAC will be weaker, thus making it less attractive nationally in a traditional Rose Bowl matchup.

The B1G will play at the Rose Bowl through the season when teams play at UCLA. Also, the B1G Championship Game can relocate from Indianapolis to the Rose Bowl to create a new top game for the venue. The B1G will no longer need the traditional Rose Bowl Game like it did in the past.

For the tradition of the game itself (not the teams playing in it), hopefully the timing of the game will continue as it has in the past. Maybe a B1G (or PAC) playoff team can play there to have at least one traditional school in the playoff game at the Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score

Is this guy any good? I started to listen to him once but I didn't find his show remotely interesting in terms of content or delivery. He's kind of like " "Bennet Brauer" " and repeats what we've already read here.

Reaction Score
He’s the guy who broke the story of USC to the B1G four months before it happened.

Reaction Score
Flug and bhis "BTM" (Big Ten Man), a supposed source....are the new "Dude" of conference realignment...but he had been all over...

"FSU to the Big Ten"

"According to BTM the Big Ten Conference will make Oklahoma & Texas their main targets for expansion for 2024/2025. "

Then OK and Kansas..

BTM: “These back-channel talks (twice that we know of 1: Opened books 2013 2: Feb 2017)with Kansas & Oklahoma has been in tandem. Package deal. We do not know of any comparable examples of this long range back-channeling with a tandem before now.”

BTM “Big Ten interest is very high on expanding with Kansas & Oklahoma. The 16 School Conference has been war gamed out for years. It’s extra content it would provide to sell in Tier 1/2 market and 3rd Tier to Big Ten Network has been discussed throughly”

Reaction Score
I was recently at the famed Trevi Fountain in Rome...when we came home, we decided to play the theme from the movie "Three Coins in the Fountain".

Seems like the lyrics are apropos to realignment...

Three coins in the fountain
Each one seeking happiness
Thrown by three hopeful lovers
Which one will the fountain bless?

Through the ripples how they shine
Just one wish will be granted
One heart will wear a valentine

Make it mine
Make it mine
Make it mine

Reaction Score
Link to article with Paul Finebaum quotes that the Flug is talking about. to me, it suggests further the West Coast expansion. Notre Dame continues to be on their radar.

A guess on my part, but for football they may want multiple content options available in each time zone for network and BTN viewing. Maybe games starting every 2 hours, I don;t know. It will be interesting to see how they do it. Maybe Friday night football, multiple games, too.

They can do the same for Basketball and spread out over every day of the week, except Sundays during NFL season. The BTN will be a huge money producer. The SEC will need to match this.

So how many teams are the goal? Is is 24? We could see 40-48 P2 teams, another 40 +/- of the mid 2-3 and the G5.

Reaction Score
.........So how many teams are the goal? Is is 24? We could see 40-48 P2 teams,......

That's my guess and it will be split North/South between the BiG/SEC. My further guess is that eventually drives the bifurcation between that group and the rest of the NCAA. That will put big money in play, so I don't think there is any assurance that smaller markets and brands (read Miss. St., Vanderbilt, etc.) automatically get invited to this party.

NFL light.......

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
A guess on my part, but for football they may want multiple content options available in each time zone for network and BTN viewing. Maybe games starting every 2 hours, I don;t know. It will be interesting to see how they do it. Maybe Friday night football, multiple games, too.
This is the the new model, IMHO. Getting quality content for the media partners and BTN. Adding Washington and Oregon would help with the content in football, but the way the media deal is written, they may need more programs to have the Friday primetime late night Saturday games. Those schools need to have away games in conference and USC/UCLA are paid for the Fox/NBC/CBS deals. They don't want to give up that inventory. Having 4 school with the ability to play those games makes scheduling much easier.

Honestly, I can see 4 more schools out West being part of the Big10. Washington, Oregon, Stanford, ASU, Arizona, Utah, and maybe Cal are all candidates (I really think Cal is at the bottom of the list and ASU is higher than you all think). Washington is a lock. The others are all in the mix.

They can do the same for Basketball and spread out over every day of the week, except Sundays during NFL season. The BTN will be a huge money producer. The SEC will need to match this.
I agree with this as well, but will need some more basketball oriented programs. The only true basketball schools in the Big10 right now are Indiana, Purdue and UCLA. MSU is pretty close, but will need to see what they become when Izzo retires. Wisconsin, Iowa, OSU and Michigan are the next tier down (either boring basketball or not consistent play). They need name programs that will create must see games. Those teams seem to be in The ACC and maybe one in The Big East that seems to fit the bill.

I don't think there is an end game here. Conferences will court as many teams as makes sense for them to make money and provide great marketing for their universities. anywhere from 16-32 is possible, but I think the sweet spot will be 20-24.

Reaction Score
I was recently at the famed Trevi Fountain in Rome...when we came home, we decided to play the theme from the movie "Three Coins in the Fountain".

Seems like the lyrics are apropos to realignment...

Each one seeking happiness
Thrown by three hopeful lovers
Which one will the fountain bless?

Through the ripples how they shine
Just one wish will be granted
One heart will wear a valentine

Make it mine
Make it mine
Make it mine

Reaction Score

So how many teams are the goal? Is is 24? We could see 40-48 P2 teams, another 40 +/- of the mid 2-3 and the G5.
Now that the B1G has west coast teams, they will always have a game for the late-night time slot. That means the B1G can stagger their games so they always have at least one game going on their own (BTN) or one of the major networks (CBS/NBC/FOX) from noon until after midnight. No one else will have that kind of TV domination. And now ESPN/ABC will no longer have the marquee matchup in the prime time slot where they could garner 90% of the CFB viewers. Now that audience will most certainly be split between whatever non-B1G game ESPN/ABC shows and the B1G game that NBC has. The competition in that time slot is probably the biggest problem for ESPN not having B1G games.

Reaction Score
Now that the B1G has west coast teams, they will always have a game for the late-night time slot. That means the B1G can stagger their games so they always have at least one game going on their own (BTN) or one of the major networks (CBS/NBC/FOX) from noon until after midnight. No one else will have that kind of TV domination. And now ESPN/ABC will no longer have the marquee matchup in the prime time slot where they could garner 90% of the CFB viewers. Now that audience will most certainly be split between whatever non-B1G game ESPN/ABC shows and the B1G game that NBC has. The competition in that time slot is probably the biggest problem for ESPN not having B1G games.

I think the SEC will grab Zona and ASU to get as far southwest as they can. Imagine the leverage the BiG and SEC would have jointly negotiating TV coverage as the premier conferences in college football.

Of course the side act to that are a bunch of ACC programs losing their collective minds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom