Non-Key Tweets | Page 654 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Futbol/Football -- Jones/Johnson -- Bob/Paul it's all good.

Love the timing though...

If you look at that guy's TL he just posts anything he thinks is an injustice. Black guy pushes white woman into the street? Tweet it out. "Sears bows down to Islam after Muslim man complains about offensive clothing?" Tweet it out. It's all articles from the same stupid site. Apparently he is the only person who can read in jibberish. This guy doesn't seem to care about bashing UConn as a candidate.

Reaction Score
If you look at that guy's TL he just posts anything he thinks is an injustice. Black guy pushes white woman into the street? Tweet it out. "Sears bows down to Islam after Muslim man complains about offensive clothing?" Tweet it out. It's all articles from the same stupid site. Apparently he is the only person who can read in jibberish. This guy doesn't seem to care about bashing UConn as a candidate.
And didnt that happen like 2 years ago?

Reaction Score
This guy doesn't seem to care about bashing UConn as a candidate.
He possibly doesn't, but the way I came upon it was it showed up on my HootSuite multiple times from different sources/organizations than the original and all Texas based. Nothing to lose sleep over = more a laugh than anything once you waste the time to read it.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Susan Frommer wrote a really good article:

by Susan Frommer|Top-Right Information

The School of Connecticut soccer staff has managed to get obvious: their competitors aren’t the groups any Christians within their lockerroom who care to talk their thoughts, although they perform about the gridiron.

An associate soccer trainer for that Huskies, who created an innocent reference in huddles to Christ continues to be pressured to decide, in a surprising show of anti- bigotry to get a Division iteam.

T. Resignation was not ineffective quickly, based on a declaration released Friday from Athletic Communications. Even the Department of Athletics or the College may have no more discuss the problem because it is employees associated, authorities said.

As TRN documented last month, Johnson was formally rebuked on January 15th, after he told The Hartford Courant that ought to be within the middle of our huddle.

Johnson created this remark within an try to create Southern people he and trainer Paul Diaco tried to get experience much more comfortable in a Northeast luxurious college anything the Huskies seriously required following a depressing 3-9 period in 2013.

Johnson stated a lot of those SEC people are spiritual, and wanted to create them experience athome:

Johnson informed the paper, simply because you arrived at the College of Ct doesnt suggest you don’t get the chance to follow your religion. No, youre likely to have the ability to come below and love the Lord that you simply enjoy. Therefore we offer possibilities in order for them to develop emotionally within our neighborhood.

huskies-300x261.png

He continued to describe how they’d assist nearby locations are found by people to praise prior to their religious connection. He stated the group might participate in non denominational activities concerning instructors and people.

However he entered a-line this revolutionary secular college wouldn’t endure.

Went to make certain they realize that Christ ought to be within the middle of our huddle, that thats something which is not unimportant, he explained. If you desire to not be unsuccessful and you wish to get, get championships you realize that this didnt occur due to you. This occurred of Savior and our Master.

Had Mentor Johnson been in a college within the South the city wouldve adopted a offering, yelled Amen and nodded their heads approvingly. However Connecticut’s College isn’t the College of Notre Dame.

Following a nearby citizen who had been neither a Religious or had a young child in the college lamented, College President Susan Herbst denounced Johnson:

At colleges aside from who they’re we benefit everybody within our neighborhood, and handle each individual using the same level of regard, what their values might be or what their history is, she published. Every student, including studentathletes, got to know they’re approved and accepted at UConn.

Until they are actually a Religious every pupil, that’s. On the basis of Mentor Jones’ experience, its apparent the College of Connecticut’s management disrespects folks of religion particularly fans of God.

Its not only poor plan against spiritual independence, its fairly silly to get a ruined NCAA group that simply arrived an unhappy 3-9 period off to declare in the South to possible superstar employees that they can encounter an anti- environment at UConn.

ddd25bdcc9b156390f5fdd78d98aec49528bd4996a0d9f71005a3c06d8d8ab93.jpg

Reaction Score
As we are finding with the B12 contracts with Fox & ESPN ... there are always ambiguity in out years of deals. Thus, the STATE of CONNECTICUT could take the position that they are far harsher on some open ambiguous clauses ... to force ESPN to favorably affirm UConn' place in the P5 world. Doesn't that make sense to you?

You don't just load $260m on a Truck. And ... at this point ... do we really think it is quite easy to move that massive infrastructure and all those TALENT employees to other regions of the country. Let's be half as wily as the Oklahoma president in this.
I absolutely agree 100% that the state of CT should wield its weight and make some demands from the mickey mouse operation. But it's not because of the tax breaks. It is because of the incredible amount espn/disney has invested in capital projects in bristol. the tax breaks, in my opinion, are ancillary to the much larger investment espn has made in the state.
Disney has built an entire expensive state of the art digital campus for a singular purpose - espn. It can't just up and leave that investment and start over again. I would love to see our leaders step up and say, "Hey, espn, wtf. Get us to the table immediately or we end all tax credits today." Why don't our leaders do that? is there any plausible reason our state leaders don't understand that espn is screwing us? Maybe both sides don't consider $22 million a year that significant. I don't know.

Reaction Score
If Uconn does not get an invite, and we learn that ESPN did not do everything they could do to push Uconn into the Big 12, a coordinated effort should be made to flood state legislators/the governor with calls about no further tax credits.

Reaction Score
If Uconn does not get an invite, and we learn that ESPN did not do everything they could do to push Uconn into the Big 12, a coordinated effort should be made to flood state legislators/the governor with calls about no further tax credits.
espn has not only failed to help UConn, it has outright screwed UConn. Time and again. If you'd like to lead that effort, you have plenty of support here at the Yard.

Reaction Score
I absolutely agree 100% that the state of CT should wield its weight and make some demands from the mickey mouse operation. But it's not because of the tax breaks. It is because of the incredible amount espn/disney has invested in capital projects in bristol. the tax breaks, in my opinion, are ancillary to the much larger investment espn has made in the state.
Disney has built an entire expensive state of the art digital campus for a singular purpose - espn. It can't just up and leave that investment and start over again. I would love to see our leaders step up and say, "Hey, espn, wtf. Get us to the table immediately or we end all tax credits today." Why don't our leaders do that? is there any plausible reason our state leaders don't understand that espn is screwing us? Maybe both sides don't consider $22 million a year that significant. I don't know.
You mean besides the part where ESPN sues for breach of contract and wins?

Reaction Score
So you leave the existing tax breaks in place and put a brand new telecommunications tax in place.
Yeah sure they could do that. Government could literally do anything though. I would prefer our government not operate out of spite.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That article looks like it was written by a third grader who isn't close to being top of the class

Whomever wrote that article has never come remotely close to sitting in a third grade classroom, let alone graduating from the third grade.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You MF'ers can make fun but go ahead and tell me how the Big 12 fails to invite us if we had Jesus in the huddle.

Texas is not saying no to Jesus.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You MF'ers can make fun but go ahead and tell me how the Big 12 fails to invite us if we had Jesus in the huddle.

Texas is not saying no to Jesus.

But I'm a little confused. Doesn't BYU already have Jesus in their huddle? If Jesus is also in our huddle, then can he be in both huddles at the same time?

This entire process is getting quite complicated. Who knew it would perhaps require a certified ecclesiastical scholar, or possibly a panel of such persons, to serve as paid consultants to advise our administration on the religious ramifications of this CR process?

I do, however, firmly believe that Jesus is a UConn husky.

Reaction Score
So I was listening to Sirius on the way to work yesterday, & Chris Childers broadcast a "facebook clip" of the Iowa State president talking a t a teleconference among B-XIIpresidents. He said the process won't be completed until December.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom