Non-Key Tweets | Page 530 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score

Every time this song hit my car radio, I go back to high school in the '80's and belt it out as loud as I can and I can't hold a tune to save my life. Pulled into the parking lot for baseball practice a month ago windows down, radio up and Dad singing like a fool. The other coaches were laughing. My son wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13m13 minutes ago
Mitch Vingle: A re-set of the Big 12 expansion situation

Read this article...and then go back and read what BTM said during May Dinner..hell..go back and read Feb 15 tweets

UCONN/UC
UH was among leading candidates until Jan. FLA is another-go because no traction with ESPN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12m12 minutes ago
As BTM stated on May 5th UCONN metrics will be above even line (B12N) when data comes out...Cincy is natural combo with UCONN (WVU)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I love the article, but I can't see the conference expanding if there is no network.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This has to be the most viewed and discussed thread on the entire internet with least useful information. We are all now dumber for having participated.

But will I come back later to check on it? Of course I will.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mitch Vingle: A re-set of the Big 12 expansion situation

Read this article...and then go back and read what BTM said during May Dinner..hell..go back and read Feb 15 tweets

UCONN/UC
UH was among leading candidates until Jan. FLA is another-go because no traction with ESPN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12m12 minutes ago
As BTM stated on May 5th UCONN metrics will be above even line (B12N) when data comes out...Cincy is natural combo with UCONN (WVU)
I wish people would quit crapping up the Whaler thread with Non-key tweets.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“At the end of the day though,” said one source, “I still think Connecticut gets in.”

If the Big 12 moves forward on a league network, a source said, Connecticut is a “must.”

:)

Reaction Score
"Also, understand UConn’s administration is not as shaky as that of Rutgers."

Also, understand UConn won more than two combined conference games in basketball and football this year. Also, understand UConn has made the NCAA tournament in the last 25 years. Also, understand UConn hasn't fired multiple coaches and athletic directors for publicly humiliating the school.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
ACC Network in jeopardy. ESPN insisting on extension of length of current TV deal & GoR.

Several ACC schools are unwilling to accept ESPN's terms because they believe contract (& GoR) extension offsets additional revenue.

As a result the Big 12 is likely to decide to table a decision on their network & expansion in order to "remain flexible".

If ESPN & the ACC have not agreed on a network by June 30, 2016 the ACC receives a ONE TIME payment of $45m.

If ESPN & the ACC do not reach an agreement by 6/30/16 the status of the ACC GoR is unclear.

However one Big 12 says says that several ACC schools would be on the radar should 6/30/16 come & go with a deal in place for a network.

Christian Goodman ‏@troyboy8ball · 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Did you mean "without a deal in place"? Certainly ACC schools are unpoachable if ESPN comes through with a network, right?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@troyboy8ball I guess. Sounds like it.

The same source tells me that informal & exploratory discussions took place between WVU president Gee & Clemson president Jim Clements.

The discussion supposedly took place when Clements, Gee's predecessor at WVU, attended commencement ceremonies in Morgantown.

The source did not know the outcome of the discussions or the degree to which the Big 12 was discussed.

@delawarenole Several ACC schools (FSU) believe the proposed extension devalues the additional $ (1 of 2)

@delawarenole ESPN is offering and essentially is revenue neutral once inflation is factored. (2/2)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
I have a very strong bias against the ACC. I want to believe it's doomed. But I've seen ESPN do this before.

The Big East decided to reject ESPN's renewal offer in 2010 & many believe the network engineered the collapse of the conference.

Is the ACC's push for a network, when ESPN owns all the rights, any different? A ACCN requires ESPN pay more for content it already owns.

If ESPN truly is non-negotiable on terms for ACCN they must know it will have a destabilizing effect.

How will ESPN make $ or save $ by destabilizing the ACC?

Is ESPN better off with a ACCN or with mass defections from the ACC to conferences who partner with the mothership on a network?

If I didn't believe ESPN played a role in the collapse of the old Big East I would seriously doubt ESPN would reject the ACCN.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on part of the Big 12?

Personally I want to believe and that desire impedes my objectivity. Best we just let it play out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
@CincyP5orbust My biased take is this. I hope ESPN uses ACC to bolster value of SEC & B12. Then ACC adds the G5 schools.

Reaction Score
@jay_256 You need to accept the fact that expassion without a network kills the Big 12. It doesn't help it.

@jay_256 You need to accept the fact that Texas has 3 votes in its pocket - enough to block expansion.

@jay_256 And that KSU has an interim prez who doesn't want to cast KSU's vote on such an important matter.

@jay_256 Or that the last thing Ken Starr wants to think about now is expansion.

@jay_256 So that's 3 votes against & 1 abstention. At the very best that's only 6 yes votes & that's 2 short.

@jay_256 Because each & every B12 president understands that expansion without a revenue increase means the B12 is dead in 2024.

@jay_256 The B12 isn't saying no to Memphis, UCONN, CSU, BYU or UC. It's saying no to expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
So far every Big 12 source I have - conf & schools - who has responded says the Big 12's upcoming inaction is due to a lack of consensus.

Christopher Lambert Retweeted
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 2h2 hours ago
Chuck Carlton Retweeted Randy Peterson
One excerpt: "Remember, the Big 12 already would have added teams if anyone realistic tripped their trigger ..."
Peterson: Slam the brakes on Big 12 expansion talk

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago @ChuckCarltonDMN @RandyPete
The B12 is already managing expectations prior to meetings by quietly telling everybody nothing is happening.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
"The B12 couldn't decide which hand it would use to wipe its ass." - someone I know who knows.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This might be the Dude's broken clock moment. It would be shocking to me at least to see any valuable school in the Big 12 or ACC sign anything that extends their GOR unless they were guaranteed at least 80% of what the Big Ten and SEC are making - and it seems pretty impossible that anyone is going to pay that much for either league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This might be the Dude's broken clock moment. It would be shocking to me at least to see any valuable school in the Big 12 or ACC sign anything that extends their GOR unless they were guaranteed at least 80% of what the Big Ten and SEC are making - and it seems pretty impossible that anyone is going to pay that much for either league.

It is your fault I actually read the Dude's ramblings. They are nonsense or regurgitations of other news stories.

The Des Moines article was interesting. It does appear that momentum is slowing on expansion, and this likely means the Big 12 will not expand.

UConn needs to solve its own revenue problem, or not. There is no white knight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is your fault I actually read the Dude's ramblings. They are nonsense or regurgitations of other news stories.

The Des Moines article was interesting. It does appear that momentum is slowing on expansion, and this likely means the Big 12 will not expand.

UConn needs to solve its own revenue problem, or not. There is no white knight.

Once you realize that Oklahoma was making so much noise because they have no options it all makes a lot more sense.

I bet they have had a good laugh in Austin after they put Boren in charge.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The 12 isn't wrong to wait a month to see if the ACC GOR can be cracked. The problem is that if either the B1G or SEC want two or more of these ACC schools, then the B12 isn't getting them.

Good news for the B12 is that FSU and Clemson as their main targets are not likely the first choices for either league.

Let's assume VT and UNC to the SEC and VA and GT to the B1G.

That leaves an ACC of
BC
Cuse
PITT
DUKE
NCST
Wake
Louisville
Miami

They would add
UConn
Cincinnati
Directional Florida?
Houston?

Would that be enough to maintain their current TV deal? It's a clear 5th place, no playoff for you league and ND isn't joining it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom