Non-Key Tweets | Page 437 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Is the bombshell that the dude got new copper tubing for his still?

Oh wait the bombshell was suppose to be B12 related...in that case I'll go with WVU will no longer be part of the B12 since Trump has proposed building a wall around WV and ceding it to Mexico.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Texas and Oklahoma leaving. Big 12 backfilling with SMU and Tulsa.

Wrong, they are backfilling with LSU and Arkansas. The Moonshine Twitterati has been hinting that Arkansas has been dying to get back in so they can recruit Texas better and LSU is so unhappy with with their scheduling. Hinted that Texas better be careful as leaving the Texas conference will hinder their ability to recruit Texas.

Many Bothian spies died from moonshine poisoning to bring us this info.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I got angry reading that tweet once I realized that we are one of the G5 teams they're referring to. We are not G5. We just aren't. I do not care what some arbitrary conference affiliation designation says.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 has contacted FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Pitt. The Big 12 is fighting for survival. (Last summer he was saying that everything was hunky-dory in the Big 12).

Trying to 'break' the ACC GOR would be risky for the XII as if the ACC's GOR can be broken, then the XII's can be broken. The XII is better of expanding to 12 with UConn and Cincy or BYU, allowing it to have a FCG and then fold the LHN into a XII Network. If the XII can get a network in place before the ACC, it wins and the ACC will fall apart on its own in the '20's when the current GOR expires naturally.

Reaction Score
Anyone think the University of Houston could go to the ACC? The ACC has been looking to expand in Texas and they were looking at the Longhorns. Houston and Notre Dame to make 16 in the ACC?

Reaction Score
Per Dude, I am not sure why the B12 is limiting itself to only FSU, Clemson, Miami and Pitt. The B12 should ask Bama and LSU as well. Hell, the B12 should ask every team in the other P5 conferences. The answer will be the same, "thanks but no"...no one is leaving their conferences for the B12. There is a reason the B12 is the 5th strongest P5 conference.

This is nothing more than the B12 pandering to their fanbases. I am sure there are a ton of unreasonable B12 alumni who still believe the B12 is an attractive conference. Sometimes it takes someone (or in this case every other P5 program) telling you that you are ugly before it finally sets in...and the current B12 is ugly.

The Big12 can still outflank the ACC but it is going to need to build a network before they can poach ACC teams. That means adding current G5 programs and no one adds more network possibilities than UConn. The irony is neither Miami or Pitt would immediately help the B12 build a network as much as UConn.

Denial is an ugly emotion...the B12 will get there eventually.

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏@MH ver3
If B12 offers 2 ACC schools a financial package that guarantees $100m more over 5 years-do they bite and leave first?We may find out soon

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg
@MH ver3 ESPN wants uconn and byu in big 12 as 11&12. Waiting on fox network agreement. Big 12 will go to 14 with fox input on 13&14. UCF?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@Martyaborg getting VT/FSU/Clemson/NCST into B12 SEC actually becomes a wash $-wise

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@Martyaborg ESPN is going to lose Duke/UNC bball to B10 and Fox. Protecting what they can with ACC football is priority

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
$100m more than current ACC TV monies over a 5 year span. Nearly double what they make now.
7:39 PM - 25 Feb 2016

Bearcat's Fan ‏@Beacatbballfan 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 are they going to offer this as a first choice rather than expanding with AAC schools and waiting on ACC to implode later?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@Beacatbballfan the network is absolutely dependent on adding Uconn market and Ohio market.

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 ESPN won't back it, won't break up ACC like that. And don't forget who's giving the big 12 their network..ESPN.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@Martyaborg ESPN sees the handwriting on the wall regarding B10 contract and ACC defections.

Bearcat's Fan ‏@Beacatbballfan 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 also if uc and uconn end up staying why wouldn't AAC continue with expansion in an attempt to lessen gap b/w them an Power 5?

ME: Extra Special Moonshine being passed around now. :D

Reaction Score
Let them take PITT and Cincy. We'll gladly take that ACC spot. If Pitt leaves the ACC would anyone notice??
Pitt is one school which seems to receive not nearly enough criticism. Its hoops program rode the tails of the Big East to having a pretty good program for a while, then participating in the lawsuit against BC and the ACC, then luckily tagging along with SU to the ACC. It deserves at least a token blast once in a while.

But to answer the question, no, no one would notice. Pitt to the Big 12 with its rival WVU and UCONN to the ACC would make a ton of sense which is why, not gonna happen.

Reaction Score
He recycled some old stuff........The Big 12 has reached out to FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Pitt to join the conference together.

My great aunt used to swear that she received radio signals through her amalgam fillings, but that the transmissions were garbled.

The Dude, I think, has no such excuse. He makes things up to maintain his life in cyberspace.

Reaction Score
First of all, nobody is leaving a P5 conference for the Big 12 right now. That's insane. The Big 12 is the weakest of the P5 conferences on the field and in terms of monetary value it's lagging far behind the SEC, B1G and even the ACC at the moment. Without a network in place you basically have a dysfunctional conference where UT is making money hand over fist and Oklahoma has one foot out the door.

Secondly (and this is more opinion than fact), in the unlikely event that the ACC loses 2 teams to the Big 12, you really think they are going to backfill? They clearly don't value us and if they lose two major football brands (FSU/Clemson) you think they are going to rush to replace them with two basketball brands (UConn and Cincy)? No way, my guess is they stay at 12(13) and keep their current TV deal for the next few years, get richer and then the remaining brand name schools bolt for greener pastures in the B1G, SEC or even Big 12 afterwards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom