Non-Key Tweets | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
LOL...Don't put words into my mouth.....I just mention that Texas isn't big in women's soccer...

I don't think that Texas is going anywhere. Just as I told folks that the gossip about FSU to the Big 12 was ludicrous...it doesn't make sense for Texas to play in an east coast league.

It was more of joke than anything else. I did not actually think that you consider women's soccer to be important to Texas with respect to realignment.

As for Texas to the ACC, I don't really see it either, but it is not much more far fetched than Texas joining the other remaining conferences. The PAC12 is only slightly closer than the ACC for travel, and the PAC 12 will likely require 4 teams to make additions whereas the ACC could take Texas alone. The SEC would be a good fit, but it is hard to say if the SEC and TAMU would take Texas. The B1G would also be a good fit with Texas, if Oklahoma was chosen as a partner, but both would be required to leave behind the baby brothers. Another hurdle would be that Texas would be required to join as a full member and without the LHN if they joined the PAC12, SEC, or B1G. What the ACC has to offer is its willingness to give special deals to some teams. Also, the ACC has the ND connection that Texas would like to be part of. But in the end, Texas is far better off keeping the Big12 together and playing big time regional games while getting the special treatment they desire.

Reaction Score
MH3@MH31h
UCF being heavily considered as an addition to the B12 in the event of going to 12 at the detriment to BYU. Butthurt TX?

MH3@MH35m
@Martyaborg honestly BYU acts like it doesn't want to join.

Guy Colangelo@guycolangelo45m
@MH3 What is the likelihood Big12 goes to 12? If it's likely, when would this happen?

MH3@MH38m
@guycolangelo likely to happen if new Division is formed or split occurs. Fox pushing for it sooner

MH3@MH31h
UCF owning some damn fine facilities and being near recruiting hotbeds as well as travel destinations has certainly helped them (1)

MH3@MH31h
Surpass USF on the pecking order. (2)

MH3@MH31h
BYU has remained difficult to negotiate with especially in regards to scheduling.

pj

Reaction Score
Texas to a mix of ACC/independence may seem remote but what's so great about traveling to Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Baylor, WVU, UCF, Cincinnati? As an independent Texas could keep Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and any Texas schools it wants on the schedule while replacing Iowa State / Kansas State / WVU / UCF /Cincinnati with the likes of Notre Dame, Florida State, Clemson, Miami, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Virginia. For football, that's a win.

For Olympic sports, it's a lot of travel, but most ACC teams are not far from an airport with connections to Austin. I fly to Austin frequently on business and there are non-stops from Boston. Airport is close to the university. A lot of Big XII schools are air trips plus long bus rides, same with the SEC. Every ACC school is about a 2 1/2 hour flight, most shorter.

BYU is farther from most Big XII schools than UCF, Florida has more people and better football recruiting than Utah/Mormons, I can see why the Big XII might prefer UCF to BYU.

Reaction Score
Beyond the control issue, one additional reason while the PAC makes more sense Texas is that the PAC can potentially add 4 teams right of the bat, such as the two schools politically attached to Texas and Oklahoma. Have a split for Olympic sports where Texas is grouped with Texas Tech (375 miles), Oklahoma (370 miles), Oklahoma State (450 miles) and Colorado (900 miles) would cut down on costs compared to travelling to just about anywhere in the ACC. B1G could be different if Oklahoma and Kansas are also added. Plus, outside of ‘middle’ schools like Boise St, UNVL, San Diego St., etc., the PAC’s expansion opportunities are limited.

Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV: Mac Brown has UCONN's AD on speed dial. Wonder why?

Lol
WOW...a TOTAL genius! Let's see we need a coach and Brown is out now that his boy Dodds has retired! This guy has actually become comical!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Also, the ACC has the ND connection that Texas would like to be part of.

Eh.

Texas already has a Notre Dame connection - it's called a telephone.

They don't need the ACC to connect with ND - those two are big enough to connect fine on their own if they'd like.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If it means Catherine Webb Hardees commercials you should be thankful.

That was a bit classless for me not insert a pic from the nationally televised commercials that Hardees and Carl's Jr. are running on network television (this pic is so non-offensive that there isn't any chance of an advertiser on this board getting offended by it. As a matter of fact, I found the image by using Google search).

maxresdefault.jpg

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
That was a bit classless for me not insert a pic from the nationally televised commercials that Hardees and Carl's Jr. are running on network television (this pic is so non-offensive that there isn't any chance of an advertiser on this board getting offended by it. As a matter of fact, I found the image by using Google search).

View attachment 3897
Looks like she's about to get stuffed

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 3897
All of sudden I want a nice juicy Hardees burger.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV7 Oct
I was told to expect "big" expansion news from the B1G sometime today. Maybe I'll be alive for a show tomorrow night.

SportsZone365@EdwardSZ3657 Oct
@theDudeofWV why am I not surprised that there was no announcement!

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV7 Oct
@EdwardSZ365 No. News from my sources.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV3h
Big 12 is officially vetting candidates again.

The B1G is waiting on to see who Texas hires as AD and if Powers is safe.

Carson Ingle@caingle3h
@theDudeofWV said on his @TheSpinZoneShow tonight that #Big12 is again vetting candidates. Said #UCF is a leading candidate w/ BYU & Cincy.

@caingle @TheSpinZoneShow I also said that UCONN and USF seemed to have dropped off the map and now I'm hearing ECU mentioned.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Big 12 is officially vetting candidates again.

The B1G is waiting on to see who Texas hires as AD and if Powers is safe.

Carson Ingle@caingle3h
@theDudeofWV said on his @TheSpinZoneShow tonight that #Big12 is again vetting candidates. Said #UCF is a leading candidate w/ BYU & Cincy.

@caingle @TheSpinZoneShow I also said that UCONN and USF seemed to have dropped off the map and now I'm hearing ECU mentioned.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Hmmn, UConn and USF dropped off the map for the Big 12, now why would that be?...Herbst is in Chicago...B1G Expansion announcement in the offing. C'mon do now people do really need me to paint you a picture here?

pj

Reaction Score
USF isn't that far off from AAU status. Frank the Tank said the B1G wanted Florida recruiting grounds for football.

If this is happening, it's probably because the P5 want to bring in the top football schools to forestall an antitrust challenge to the new power school division. That would also be why the Big XII would go to 14 rather than 12. UCF, Cincy, and BYU can't be left out, so they need to find #14.

Reaction Score
If this is happening, it's probably because the P5 want to bring in the top football schools to forestall an antitrust challenge to the new power school division. That would also be why the Big XII would go to 14 rather than 12. UCF, Cincy, and BYU can't be left out, so they need to find #14.

Simple solution
1. UCF, USF, Cincy and BYU to the Big 12.
2. Notre Dame to ACC full time along with UConn.

Doubtful Notre Dame required to do it so ....

Next simple solution
1. UCF, USF, Cincy and BYU to the Big 12.
2. UConn to the B1G with ?

Who do you want as #16 to the B1G?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who do you want as #16 to the B1G?

The Big Ten could invite the Rocco Clubbo School for Women to partner with UConn for all I care, as long as UConn gets the other invite.

Reaction Score
If Herbst going to Chicago actually is for a B1G meeting, which is doubtful (I go to Chicago for work 2 to 3 times a year myself, not to mention connections), and it UConn has been accepted to the B1G, the biggest hurdle is who is UConn’s partner as the B1G is not going to an odd number of team for anyone outside of ND and Texas.

1) Missouri - Cultural fit to the B1G and AAU; but, why would they leave the SEC after ½ years? Who would the SEC replace Missouri with (West Virginia, Louisville, Florida St?)

2) Kansas - Also AU and adds a major basketball name to the B1G; but, have to tend to the XII GOR and its political connection to Kansas State, which the B1G does not want.

I do agree that if the P5 plus whoever looks at breaking in some way shape of form from the NCAA, anti-trust suits, political suits (see Blumenthal), etc. will be a major issue. This could be the one issue that keeps the football power schools in the NCAA, maybe as a subset, i.e. D4.

Also, my gut right now says that conference realignment is on hold for the short-term as everyone waits for Texas’ future AD to weigh in. That school carries to much weigh in the process for anyone to ignore.

Also, my gut right now says that conference realignment is on hold for the short-term as everyone waits for Texas’ future AD to weigh in. That school carries to much weigh in the process for anyone to ignore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom