Non-Key Tweets | Page 410 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Hey Morons.

UCONN isn't in the P5. BC is. End of discussion. We are on the outside looking in, and it sucks.

Now post some Non-Key Tweets please. My god.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We should have encouraged billybud and Yawkey Way to retire to a personal corner and argue. It would have gotten each of them out of our hair for a while

Reaction Score
You can't really have it both ways...

Proclaim that BC is worse off in a P5 than if it had stayed....

And yet yearn so for the same opportunity.

I do understand rivalry hatreds though, God bless "em.

Friends come and go but enemies are forever...and are thus a treasure.
I think your taking it a step to far.
Certainly BC is better of being P5
The question is are they better off now than an if there were an intact Big East.
P6 conference.
Let's compare apples to apples.

Reaction Score
If Uconn should get into the B12, will their chances of beating out Texas, Oklahoma to get to a B12 championship game, and then a National Championship game be any better than that of BC getting there from the ACC ? My guess, Uconn, as a New England School, will struggle just as mightily to beat out Texas, Oklahoma most years to get to both the B12 as well as the National Championship Game. This does not mean however that if Uconn gets to the B12, it won't be better than the AAC. Would you agree or disagree with that assessment ? Also, BC football is not " irrelevant " in the ACC. They have spent more times at or near the top of the ACC since their membership, than near the bottom. And as for " wins ",they have gone to bowl games more than the majority of ACC teams. I think you are on solid ground if you don't like BC for one reason or another, but you lose your sense of proper perspective when you say that BC has been " irrelevent " there since joining the ACC.

Reaction Score
So we have a troll with the moniker Yawkey Way extolling the virtues of the ACC, yet that same poster doesn't seem to follow BC.

Sure thing bud.

It must really suck to see a program in such decline that you have to disassociate yourself from it as a fan. I can't even imagine how much a team has to suck before you get to that point.

But then again, I never rooted for BC.

I do, however, remember UConn beating BC something like 23 straight times in men's basketball.

Congratulations on the Paul Pasqualoni hire, though. He should really help improve that dumpster fire of a football program.

Reaction Score
If Uconn should get into the B12, will their chances of beating out Texas, Oklahoma to get to a B12 championship game, and then a National Championship game be any better than that of BC getting there from the ACC ? My guess, Uconn, as a New England School, will struggle just as mightily to beat out Texas, Oklahoma most years to get to both the B12 as well as the National Championship Game. This does not mean however that if Uconn gets to the B12, it won't be better than the AAC. Would you agree or disagree with that assessment ? Also, BC football is not " irrelevant " in the ACC. They have spent more times at or near the top of the ACC since their membership, than near the bottom. And as for " wins ",they have gone to bowl games more than the majority of ACC teams. I think you are on solid ground if you don't like BC for one reason or another, but you lose your sense of proper perspective when you say that BC has been " irrelevent " there since joining the ACC.

We won't be getting smoked by 30 on the hardwood consistently that's for sure.

Reaction Score
So we have a troll with the moniker Yawkey Way extolling the virtues of the ACC, yet that same poster doesn't seem to follow BC.

I never said I do not follow BC football. I said I do not follow BC Basketball. I also did not " extol " the virtues of the ACC ( a league you'd accept an invite from in a heartbeat ). I merely disagreed with the assessment made above that the league is" on the verge of collapse", and that the league is mismanaged by an " incompetent " Commissioner, and stated why in my view that assessment was an inaccurate one.

Reaction Score
We won't be getting smoked by 30 on the hardwood consistently that's for sure.
If Basketball was the driving force behind league realignments, then Uconn would be in a P5 Conference by now, and BC, who knows, perhaps not. I have already praised Uconn Basketball in this thread. I don't think you need for me to have to praise it once again. However, if need be, I don't disagree with you that Uconn " won't get smoked by 30 points " in the B12 in basketball most years by most teams in that league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Basketball was the driving force behind league realignments, then Uconn would be a P5 Conference, and BC probably not. I have already praised Uconn Basketball in this thread. I don't think you should need to have me repeat it again. However, if need be, I don't disagree that Uconn " won't get smoked by 30 points " in the B12 in basketball most years by most teams in that league.

Never said BB wad the driving force of CR.
Why are you spending your day on Uconn's board? No sporting news on your board?

Reaction Score
Never said BB wad the driving force of CR.
Why are you spending your day on Uconn's board? No sporting news on your board?
. My post numbers are far less than dozens of other posters here. I spend far less time on here than most here. I don't ask why others post as much as they do, nor why the they spend their time here. I assume its because they like the thread discussions. Its really none of my business however, and so I have never asked such a question of others on here, ( and don't ever intend to ). I do find some posters here engaging, respectful, and bright. I enjoy reading their thoughts and assessments, even when it might not jive with mine on occasion. ( I do agree more than you might think on some things said on here.. and express many a time where I might be in agreement.) As for the trolls, the personal insulters, the profane,...they are entitled to their arrogance, bitterness, or whatever ails them. They are found on most boards, and I'm able to avoid these people for the most part, so its no big deal, really.

Reaction Score
Darwinism.

The effect was to destroy the BE, but debateable if that was the initial aim.

Should the B12 ( and/ or another league ) come in and poach the AAC teams, and the AAC football league then eventually collapses as a result, can we say that " it was readily apparent that the B12 truly wanted to destroy the AAC " ? or was it more the result, but not the aim ? Just asking. And if Uconn gets a B12 invite, accepts, then goes to the B12, and then the AAC league later collapses, does Uconn bear the responsibility for destroying a league ? Really ? Again, just asking.

"Just asking" is well-known internet code for "I'm a troll."

Reaction Score
If Basketball was the driving force behind league realignments, then Uconn would be in a P5 Conference by now, and BC, who knows, perhaps not. I have already praised Uconn Basketball in this thread. I don't think you should need to have me repeat it again. However, if need be, I don't disagree with you that Uconn " won't get smoked by 30 points " in the B12 in basketball most years by most teams in that league.

You just won't quit.

This is like beating a puppy but here goes....

Below is BC's ACC conference record in basketball and overall football record since 2011...

Basketball Football

2011 4-12 4-8
2012 7-11 2-10
2013 4-14 7-5
2014 4-14 7-6
2015 0-10* 3-9

*massacre still pending

BC has not made the NCAA tournament since 2009 and has not won an NCAA tournament game since 1996. During that same period (from 2009) UConn has won 2 men's NCs in basketball and 4 NCs in women's bb (with a likely 5th to occur this year.) The UConn men's football team has won the BE and appeared in a BCS bowl.

There is no comparing BC to UConn. Why you want to I have no idea?

Clearly you (BC), the UVA dude, and the FSU dude have a lot of ACC issues to discuss. You should go over to the ACC board and work those out...

Now back to non- key tweets...and no soup for you

Reaction Score

BC has become irrelevant since joining the ACC. You wouldn't be spending so much time worrying about what UConn fans think if you didn't know it to be true.

Reaction Score
You just won't quit.

This is like beating a puppy but here goes....

Below is BC's ACC conference record in basketball and overall football record since 2011...
BC did not join the ACC " in 2011". The unbiased, more legitimate assessment would be to evaluate the entire body of wins and losses of BC (both its good years and bad years ) since joining the ACC. While not spectacular by any measure, it does serve as a realistic asssessment that BC is not nearly the " suckiness " that has been portrayed here on kore than a few occasions. Taking the years " 2011 and onward " merely takes a much shorter ( and much unfairer) time frame in order to try and bolster what a longer time frame would not support. It would be like saying Nebraska sucks in football, and Baylor is great in football ( utilizing the years 2011 to now to support the claim ) By any objective, unbiased measure, the shorter time frame is an unfair measuring stick.

Reaction Score
BC did not join the ACC " in 2011". The unbiased, more legitimate assessment would be to evaluate the entire body of wins and losses of BC (both its good years and bad years ) since joining the ACC. While not spectacular by any measure, it does serve as a realistic asssessment that BC is not nearly the " suckiness " that has been portrayed here on kore than a few occasions. Taking the years " 2011 and onward " merely takes a much shorter ( and much unfairer) time frame in order to try and bolster what a longer time frame would not support. It would be like saying Nebraska sucks in football, and Baylor is great in football ( utilizing the years 2011 to now to support the claim ) By any objective, unbiased measure, the shorter time frame is an unfair measuring stick.

We'll that is how UConn is looked at in CR. What have you done for me lately. We were actually pretty decent a few years ago

Reaction Score
BC has become irrelevant since joining the ACC. .

We just disagree with this then. Heck, even some Uconn fans disagree with this. Recall, some said that BC had so much political influence and leverage within the ACC that it was able to single handedly keep Uconn out of the ACC. If a school is " irrelevent " within the league, then logically it would have absolutely no sway to do so. So we can't have it both ways. Either BC is " relevant " in the ACC, or it is " irrelevent ", in the ACC. But it can not be both. So which is it ? Just asking mind you.

Reaction Score
We'll that is how UConn is looked at in CR. What have you done for me lately. We were actually pretty decent a few years ago
And that too is unfair, imo. 2 wrongs do not make a right. if it is unfair to judge Uconn on a " what have you done lately basis ", ( which it is ) it is equally unfair to utilize a " what have you done lately " to a BC football assessment as well,imo.

Reaction Score
NO NCAA TOURNEY WINS IN THE LAST 20 YEARS!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D
And Uconn football has just 3 Bowl Game wins in the last 50 years, ( BC has 4 times more Bowl Game wins than does Uconn ), but so what ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom