Non-Key Tweets | Page 412 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I have argued that UConn should be BC's biggest rival; but, some guy named Brad Bates at BC seems to thinks that Cross is.

"This will be a renewal of one of the oldest and greatest traditions of college football in New England," Boston College Director of Athletics Brad Bates said. "For many years, this was `the game' for alumni and fans of both schools, and I am delighted that we are able to renew - for at least two years - this spirited and long-standing rivalry."

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2014/...holy-cross-football-schedule-series-2018-2020
Brad Bates is an idiot, and a lousy AD.... worse than Hathaway. Bates will probably not be at BC at the end of the 2 year series of football games with Holy Cross. Besides, no BC fan alive believes that Holy Cross is BC's fooball rival, no more than Uconn football fans believe that Umass is Uconn's football rival.... and unlike Holy Cross, Umass has intentions of moving up in class in football. So stop with this nonsense that Holy Cross is BC's rival in football, as even you don't really believe this, any more than you believe ( as your current football coach does ) that Central Florida is Uconn's football rival.

Reaction Score
Brad Bates is an idiot, and a lousy AD.... worse than Hathaway. Bates will probably not be at BC at the end of the 2 year series of football games with Holy Cross. Besides, no BC fan alive believes that Holy Cross is BC's fooball rival, no more than Uconn football fans believe that Umass is Uconn's football rival.... and unlike Holy Cross, Umass has intentions of moving up in class in football. So stop with this nonsense that Holy Cross is BC's rival in football, as even you don't really believe this.

Yesterday was more than enough. Start another thread.

Reaction Score
Who knows all the factors that have combined to put UConn its current predicament in the AAC. Saying it is "fact" that the lawsuit had no effect on other ACC school's perception of UConn does not make it fact. We do not know how the lawsuit changed the dynamics. I do not think UConn is not in the P5 purely because of Richard Blumenthal. What I think is the lawsuit did not benefit UConn's candidacy.

The true tragedy of UConn in the G5 is that it is a series of betrayals, miscalculations, and constantly changing metrics for admission. UConn is a strong P5 program and it is baffling to try and figure out how we ended up in the AAC. There is not "one thing" that has cursed UConn, it is a lot more complicated and there is no question other programs have conspired against us. There is a reason rule #1 exists.

IMO the lawsuit was not helpful. In some circles UConn and the other plaintiffs went from the sympathetic victims to the litigious aggressors. The "scorched earth tactics" did not work if the goal was to make UConn financially whole, hold the BE together, or increase UConn's chances of being selected for the ACC. Those are the only "facts" we can definitively state.

But the most important "fact" is the past is over. It cannot be re-done and it is not worth fighting over. Time to move on....none of this will matter if UConn makes it to a P5 conference

Reaction Score
. BC used the suit as a smokescreen to keep UConn from taking it's lunch.

Despite rumors, it is not true that that BC has exerted its considerable political leverage and influence beyond the ACC, and has prevailed upon the B12 ( Texas, Oklahoma, etc ), and the BIG ( Michigan, Ohio State, etc ) to get all their League's schools to acquiese to BC's demands to keep Uconn out of their leagues as well.

Reaction Score
More or less.

That said, I'll heed your angry admonition, and take a break for awhile. I do get the point that this is a Uconn Board and some people can get real angry with outsiders take on things. So I'll return one and all to the Uconn bubble world that seems preferred here. Take care.. be well.

LIAR

Reaction Score
LIAR
True. Just when I intended to follow a suggestion to take a breather from the board, a few posters then posted comments to me. I could have not responded to their comments to me, but the silliness they said in the comments, reluctantly sucked me back in. I will now attempt to leave, as its understood now that if there is a BC thread discussion started on here, BC fans with Uconn graduates in the family ( such as myself ) are unwelcome to post their insights, assessments , and such things.

Reaction Score
True. Just when I intended to follow a suggestion to take a breather from the board, a few posters then posted comments to me. I could have not responded to their comments to me, but the silliness they said in the comments, reluctantly sucked me back in. I will now attempt to leave, as its understood now that if there is a BC thread discussion started on here, BC fans with Uconn graduates in the family ( such as myself ) are unwelcome to post their insights, assessments , and such things.

You are the worst kind of troll.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Despite rumors, it is not true that that BC has exerted its considerable political leverage and influence beyond the ACC, and has prevailed upon the B12 ( Texas, Oklahoma, etc ), and the BIG ( Michigan, Ohio State, etc ) to get all their League's schools to acquiese to BC's demands to keep Uconn out of their leagues as well.
What the hell is wrong with you? This is a UConn message board. It's never going to be receptive your spin of the BC-UConn CRA history. To think you would find a happy place with "understanding" here is absurd.

Now - enough with this discussion and let's get back to another absurdity, NON-KEY CRA tweets. I want fantasy under this thread laced with minor commentary and not he said - she said.

Reaction Score
Exactly now

Reaction Score
I get the feeling that my use of the IGNORE button is serving me well here.
I used that same feature yesterday and this thread became so much more readable.

Reaction Score

Your insights are irrelevant.

I said BC was on an island, I was wrong. BC is in the cornfield from that Twilight Zone episode. You're a bad man. You're a very bad man. And you belong in the corn field too.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If I must...

‏@M H ver3 Feb 5
Expansion is coming. So is the network. It's just a matter of time now. June will probably see the vote on the first new 2 members
‏@M H ver3 Feb 5
And the data points to it being a school in the State of Ohio and one in the vicinity of NY.

Yes. It's Hofstra. Their AD has the experience of getting a school into a new conference.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
Big 12 network likely to follow upcoming BTN sublicense model.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV B12 officials have little understanding of the particulars of B10 deal. In facy, most are in shock and awe from UM comments.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub Well, apparently Fox and ESPN are going to use the same methodology for the Big 12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub Clueless as always.

Big 12 network likely to follow upcoming BTN sublicense model.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV B12 officials have little understanding of the particulars of B10 deal. In facy, most are in shock and awe from UM comments.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub Well, apparently Fox and ESPN are going to use the same methodology for the Big 12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub Clueless as always.

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith · 2h2 hours ago  Cleveland, OH
@flugempire @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub this doesn't make sense, if there is no money for sport content why would ESPN agree to stablize b12

I'm not sure what that actually does except technically funnel all TV money through the network.

Anybody have any idea why sublicensing is a good idea?

The only thing I can think of is multiple distribution. As in B12N Game of the week on Hulu.

Or does it just accommodate the potential Fox/ESPN partnership.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 40m40 minutes ago
Fun with numbers - An extremely ballpark estimate of the revenues for a potential B12N:

CatULpqWAAAQyQl.jpg:large

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 41m41 minutes ago
The total markets would be higher and the fees likely higher. Also which 4 teams add the most markets?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 41m41 minutes ago
Plus the projections only include fees for inside the B12 footprint.

Sorry it's so rough but I don't have the time... just wanted you guys to see the money that could be on the table.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 37m37 minutes ago
Annual revenues would easily surpass the $15M Texas gets for LHN even with 14.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 36m36 minutes ago
Almost certain to be in the neighborhood of $30M per school within a few years - double UT's LHN haul.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
@Doctor_alesmith @NebGradDubDub It's this simple. ESPN can make a profit with a B12N. They cannot with LHN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@Doctor_alesmith @NebGradDubDub Expansion to 14 doubles the Big 12 footprint and would increase carriage fees to over $1.00.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 42m42 minutes ago
@yellmk The key is you can add UCONN - & the NY market - and one of the Fla schools and then be more picky.

Garrett Weiss ‏@StrengthOfSpear · 14m14 minutes ago  Florida, USA
@theDudeofWV I wouldn't assume you'd get the whole NY market with UCONN

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @StrengthOfSpear You do... a corner of Conn is in the NYC DMA...UCONN gets credit for the entire state so....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A dollar for the carraige fee? He should check out what the Pac 12 and SEC get...

And 160 million in advertising? That's 5x more than the Big Ten Network created the last number I saw published.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
A dollar for the carraige fee? He should check out what the Pac 12 and SEC get...

And 160 million in advertising? That's 5x more than the Big Ten Network created the last number I saw published.

UConn's just that awesome.. *ROFLMFAO*

Reaction Score
I think we needed him to tell us that lawsuit was a bad idea. Time to disassemble my Blumenthal shrine...

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Iamgrizzly1974 @NebGradDubDub SECN gets, on average almost twice what BTN does per subscriber $0.66 to $0.39.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Iamgrizzly1974 @NebGradDubDub In SEC footprint SECN gets $1.30 whereas BTN inside B1G footprint gets only $1.00,

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @NebGradDubDub You B1G fan boys best understand right now that SEC is far more valuable then the B1G and that's not changing

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 · 34m34 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @flugempire @theDudeofWV BTN has 90 to 100 million and growing. Demand for BTN is huge. New Network will not get same deal.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Iamgrizzly1974 @NebGradDubDub Simply not accurate. According to Nielsen BTN is in 79,250 homes.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Iamgrizzly1974 @NebGradDubDub $547 SECN revenues last year. $371 BTN revenues...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @NebGradDubDub Sorry to be rude but you B1G people throw inaccurate crap out all the time.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV You can't just flip on a light switch and have the B12 schools and B12 Conf own 1/2 of the B12N.
It doesn't work that way.

@theDudeofWV B10 schools poured millions of dollars (taking less money for years)to pay back the upfront costs 21st Century paid to make BTN

@theDudeofWV Will...could the B12N follow the BTN in sublicense model?
Yes..but it won't benefit B12 schools for years..you don't own jack.

@theDudeofWV This is what Oklahoma wants...they want what Nebraska just paid off...totally full share equity into Conference Network.

@theDudeofWV With ownership of Network you can use it for leverage...each B10 school and Big 10 conference ownes a slice of BTN.

@theDudeofWV So no...B12 schools can't benefit like B10 schools can for years...because you have to pay sugardaddy for B12N creation.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @theDudeofWV I know you don't understand a word in saying....
...but others might benefit.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV
Big 12 needs to get a B12N...but for many years it won't be like what BTN will do in next 10 years.
Delusional

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV The reason why B10 schools received a 1mil profit sharing bonus last year..was do to OWNERSHIP.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Of course Dude mistook this 1mil as whole BTN payment...so I'm probably wasting my time trying to explain.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Dude spends years arguing B12 3rd tier individual model is the best...now he thinks B12N can copy BTN right now

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV
However the B12 schools pay for their ownership...either way they have to pay millions.
It's not free.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV If B12 schools don't want any ownership of B12N that's fine, but won't benefit the sub licensing model if not.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted

So each B12 school is going to make 30 mil a year on the B12N in a few years?
What a screwball.
Total batsh^t.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 22m22 minutes ago
It's so important for B12 to have expansion..to build up their B12N.
But Dude throwing around 30 mil per team is not based in reality

Reaction Score
I like what this Lambert fella has to say about what UConn brings and the value they add. I think I will choose to believe him for the time being.
Fun with numbers - An extremely ballpark estimate of the revenues for a potential B12N:
CatULpqWAAAQyQl.jpg:large

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 42m42 minutes ago
@yellmk The key is you can add UCONN - & the NY market - and one of the Fla schools and then be more picky.

Garrett Weiss ‏@StrengthOfSpear · 14m14 minutes ago  Florida, USA
@theDudeofWV I wouldn't assume you'd get the whole NY market with UCONN

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @StrengthOfSpear You do... a corner of Conn is in the NYC DMA...UCONN gets credit for the entire state so....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There's an active poll in this article and we're way behind!
BYU 46.03% (3,005 votes)

UCONN 15.94% (1,041 votes)

Cincinnati 19.44% (1,269 votes)

USF 9.54% (623 votes)

UCF 9.05% (591 votes)

Total Votes: 6,529

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads