Non-Key Tweets | Page 323 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ND gets in over a 1 loss B12 or P12 team. Will have beaten Stamford and have a better SOS than a non CCG B12 champ.

Bama gets in with 1 loss, does LSU? Don't think so.

Clemson gets in over ND even with a non CCG loss.

Either OSU or MSU is in unless Mich upsets OSU that beats MSU. IOWA needs 13 wins.

All undefeated P5 teams get in. The 1 loss tie breaking order will be:

SEC
BIG
ND
P12
ACC
B12

Reaction Score
Meant to add, either ND moves up because of those circumstances, or they move down - almost no way they end at 5.
You want to see hell break out in ACC land... hope that LSU, OSU, and whoever wins the B12 remain undefeated, have Clemson lose along the way, say in the ACC CG and ND win out. A final 4 of LSU, OSU, B12 champ, and ND.... A 1 loss ND team gets into the playoff after losing to Clemson and without having to have played in a conference or championship game, while a 1 loss Clemson is left out after handling ND and dropping one in the championship game. That is the scenario I want to see play out.

Reaction Score
Even if you credit the ACC with 2 1/2, perhaps espn should be focusing on an AAC/ACC Network.
12195800_10153645525624831_5438832215656028652_n.png

Reaction Score
The ACC, as it owns a highly populated region, should have a natural advantage over the B12, which is essentially Texas and nothing else.

The problem for the ACC is that while it owns Virginia, North Carolina and half of South Carolina, it has populated itself with a bunch of smaller private schools and big state schools that don't own their states. So having Pitt and Miami and BC and Wake Forest and Syracuse isn't really much better than having, say, Oklahoma St., Baylor, Kansas and West Virginia.

From the geographic footprint, this anti-ACC argument looks silly because of the value of that ACC coastline.

But then when you're a North Carolina or NC State or Virginia or Florida St., you can't take for granted that BC or Wake Forest or Georgia Tech somehow trumps Kansas St. when it comes to eyeballs.

No, not necessarily. You've essentially devalued the geography you occupy by buying up the least valuable real estate in the area, hoping that it will increase.

This is the ACCs weakness. As much as Texas looks down its nose at the very thought of Iowa St., you can bet that North Carolina is wondering why on earth it is subsidizing BC.

Reaction Score
The worst case scenario for the ACC is that a one loss Notre Dame gets into the playoff as #4 over a one loss Clemson as #5.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The worst case scenario for the ACC is that a one loss Notre Dame gets into the playoff as #4 over a one loss Clemson as #5.
Clemson may get no benefit at all if it meets an unranked Coastal division team in the conference championship game. Which is one of the reasons the ACC wants deregulation, so it can optimize the match-up at the end of the year.

Reaction Score

Can't see that happening since Clemson beat them head-to-head. Committee would get crucified for putting the Irish in over the Tigers.

The apocalyptic scenario from where I sit involves Memphis and Ole Miss.

If Memphis wins out and Ole Miss runs the table and wins the SEC, I am not sure how the committee could justify leaving out Memphis since they smoked the Rebels head-to-head.

In that scenario you could conceivably see the Big 12 and Pac 12 champion get left out (assuming Clemson and the B1G champ win out).

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

If Memphis wins out and Ole Miss runs the table and wins the SEC, I am not sure how the committee could justify leaving out Memphis since they smoked the Rebels head-to-head.

In that scenario you could conceivably see the Big 12 and Pac 12 champion get left out (assuming Clemson and the B1G champ win out).
And that would be AWESOME.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I mean it would basically ensure that Memphis would be in the Big 12 within the next year, but sure, it would be fun to watch.
................and ensure that an 8 team playoff is immediate.

Reaction Score
This alone may re-start the fires around the XII - the first football playoff standings for 2015.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-state-buckeyes-alabama-crimson-tide-top-four

The two leading, undefeated XII teams have been jumped by a 1 loss Alabama team along with a 1 loss ND team. A weak OCC schedule is biting the XII teams now and the lack of a championship game will sting later.

1) Clemson
2) LSU
3) Ohio St
4) Alabama
5) ND
6) Baylor
7) Michigan St
8) TCU
9) Iowa
10) Florida
ND jumped to 5....smh..

Reaction Score
Assume that Clemson wins out, they get a slot. Even should one of the XII teams remain undefeated (definitely out with a loss), they may have issues as realistically the undefeated team will only have 2 marquee wins (OK St & Baylor/TCU) as neither team has solid OCC games. Only Oklahoma seems to care about its overall strength of schedule and it also does not help that their other big name has having another off year. Now, say Iowa goes undefeated and upsets Ohio St in the B1G championship. Iowa gets a slot and a 1 loss defending national champion stays in the conversation for a bid. In the SEC, say LSU beats Alabama this weekend; but, is upset by a 1 loss Florida team in the SEC title game. Florida is in because it is the SEC, LSU is still in the conversation. Throw in a 1 loss PAC champion in Stanford and I think one of Ohio St/LSU/Stanford gets that 4th and final playoff spot over an undefeated Baylor/TCU team from the XII.

ESPN is saying the same thing about the XII versus potential SEC and B1G playoff candidates and I missed how ND can cause a wrinkle, too. Basically, the playoff committee will not want to reward an undefeated Baylor or TCU team for schedule 6 combined OCC games that features more FCS games (2) than P5 match-ups (1).

http://espn.go.com/college-football...arios-how-power-5-conference-get-left-playoff

While I like the idea of Ole Miss really making a mess of things, I think they managed to catch Alabama on a down night and the Rebels won't get past LSU anyway. I agree that if Ole Miss did win the SEC and Memphis remains undefeated, Memphis will be left out and a lot of folks outside of the SEC and Bristol will not be happy. Could push 1) the playoffs into an 8 team structure quicker than expected, which is where it should be, or 2) the XII will take Memphis and hope for the best.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I mean it would basically ensure that Memphis would be in the Big 12 within the next year, but sure, it would be fun to watch.
IIRC there would be a pretty nice cash windfall for the AAC.

Reaction Score
Can't see that happening since Clemson beat them head-to-head. Committee would get crucified for putting the Irish in over the Tigers.

I don't see that happening either, and that is ok with me. Head to head should be the difference.

ND jumped to 5....smh..

I don't think that ND will make the playoffs with one loss. It may also possibly lose one or two more games. I hope not, but it is possible.

I am just enjoying the fact that ND is currently 7-1 and ranked #5 in the country.

ND under Brian Kelly is 52-21, with the Irish going 36-11 since the beginning of the 2012 season.

I recall these days under Charlie Weis:

2007---3-9

2008---7-6

2009---6-6

So, as far as I am concerned, ND is playing with house money the rest of this year. If it makes the playoffs, great.

If not, it may end up 10-2 and playing in a big New Year's Day bowl. Either way, this season is great for ND recruiting and a very successful season.

As a fan, I am just enjoying the ride and not worrying about all of these various playoff scenarios.

Reaction Score
I don't see that happening either, and that is ok with me. Head to head should be the difference.

I don't think that ND will make the playoffs with one loss. It may also possibly lose one or two more games. I hope not, but it is possible.

I am just enjoying the fact that ND is currently 7-1 and ranked #5 in the country.

ND under Brian Kelly is 52-21, with the Irish going 36-11 since the beginning of the 2012 season.

I recall these days under Charlie Weis:

2007---3-9

2008---7-6

2009---6-6

So, as far as I am concerned, ND is playing with house money the rest of this year. If it makes the playoffs, great.

If not, it may end up 10-2 and playing in a big New Year's Day bowl. Either way, this season is great for ND recruiting and a very successful season.

As a fan, I am just enjoying the ride and not worrying about all of these various playoff scenarios.

I'm sure you're enjoying much more than Declan Sullivan's family.

Reaction Score
All I am saying is that it is the first committee ranking. It is too early to really worry about it, one way or another.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
Okay... I'm going to say this and I don't want to argue or debate about

The Big 12 is not expanding before 2017 no matter what and even then its very unlikely.

They have the 2 schools identified. But that can change.

There is such disagreement in the Big 12 that votes for expansion were lost when the committee picked.

I'm not going to say who the schools are because it will surely change in two years. But I will say who is out.

UCF is out.

@snoopdoug44 @Mountaineer_Ste Most just decided that adding didn't do anything for them.

2 B12 schools want to expand: WVU and OU. 1 will expand if they must: Texas and the rest are now saying no thanks.

BU and Texas switched positions it seems. Texas doesn't want expansion but will live with it on their terms.

It's the terms set by Texas that killed it. Clearly the Big 12 will not agree to expand.

Right now expansion is dead.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile elsewhere in the Twitter slums... MH ver 3 says...

12:40 PM - 4 Nov 2015 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 4h4 hours agoMy source at OU will say that B12 will probably expand twice in the coming years.The 2nd time will be sometime after b10 does next TV deal

12:37 PM - 4 Nov 2015 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 4h4 hours ago AAC has been prepared to lose 2 teams for over a year now

12:36 PM - 4 Nov 2015 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 4h4 hours ago My B12 sources are being very elusive on expansion but 2 of my AAC contacts are saying it is Cincy for sure and Memphis is most likely

12:34 PM - 4 Nov 2015 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 4h4 hours ago And all signs are pointing to Cincy and Memphis being 11 and 12

12:33 PM - 4 Nov 2015 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 4h4 hours ago If the B12 champion with one loss gets snubbed again then expect an announcement on expansion before New Year's Day per my OU source

7:36 AM - 4 Nov 2015 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 9h9 hours ago Many B12 administrators very disappointed with new playoff rankings. Lack of CCG will be the difference again

Reaction Score
I think the dud's source is Otis the drunk from the Andy Griffith show.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine a grown up actually starting a discussion like this. I can't even imagine what would happen if I ever did that to my wife.

It would be World War III in my household.

When I was being a jerk as a little kid, this is something my Dad used to say that to me.

Reaction Score
Dude is a B12 CR satellite. He's orbited every side of B12 realignment argument for years. They will, they won't... It's a lock that the 2 will be FSU, Clemson, Miami, UCF, Memphis, Cinci, ECU, BYU, Boise........
image.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom