Non-Key Tweets | Page 321 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The date he lists as his birthday, February 10, 1923, is the date that Texas Tech was founded. That's probably not his birthday (or it's a really cool coincidence).

Either way, P5 conferences typically run realignment decisions through the least-significant schools in their leagues, so he must know what he's talking about.

Yes, he apparently is a Texas Tech fan. He tweeted a picture of Jones AT&T Stadium.

Night Rider ‏@NightRiderLBK Oct 26
Night Rider Retweeted Adrian T Dayton
not gonna bite the hand that feeds me. source is as good as gold though, I promise

folks, I can't share who I am publicly. hopefully you understand. but info I pass on is good.

I have no reason to try and mislead anyone or lie to fan bases. I have solid Texas tech and big 12 sources

Night Rider ‏@NightRiderLBK Oct 20
there are only 4 options for big 12 expansion right now: uconn, byu, cincy and memphis. No interest in ecu, ucf, usf, boise or houston

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it Lee Corso?

Nah, it's Mel Brooks. The dud is actually Stevie from Kenny Powers clan. He's the bitch of the WV program. For those who watch any of that tcu/wvu game last night, is there a school with a bigger pair of wining coaches than Holgorsen/Huggins?

Reaction Score
One thing to consider is future schedules. Let's say the B12 actually does expand. They have a nine game conference schedule. Assuming 2018 being the first year in a new conference, let's consider what would have to happen to make this happen.

Cincinnati: 2018 - 3 nc, 2019 - 4 nc (1 would have to be moved), 2020 - 3 nc
Memphis: 2018- 2 nc, 2019 3 nc, 2020 - 0 nc
BYU: 2018 - 10 nc, 2019 - 9 nc, 2020 - 8 nc
UCF: 2018 - 1 nc, 2019 - 2 nc, 2020 - 1 nc
UConn: 2018 - 4 nc, 2019 - 3 nc, 2020 - 3 nc

Memphis and UCF are actually short games so they are ok. Cincinnati and UConn would have to move one each (pretty easily doable.) BYU would have to move an exorbitant amount of games. Does BYU have a contract with every school saying we can back out at any time? They have a lot of P5 schools in those years, most of which probably can't be all that flexible. BYUs schedule doesn't really calm down until 2022. I'd think that would be a ton of money they'd have to eat to try to move all those games around...

Reaction Score
One thing to consider is future schedules. Let's say the B12 actually does expand. They have a nine game conference schedule. Assuming 2018 being the first year in a new conference, let's consider what would have to happen to make this happen.

Memphis and UCF are actually short games so they are ok. Cincinnati and UConn would have to move one each (pretty easily doable.) BYU would have to move an exorbitant amount of games. Does BYU have a contract with every school saying we can back out at any time? They have a lot of P5 schools in those years, most of which probably can't be all that flexible. BYUs schedule doesn't really calm down until 2022. I'd think that would be a ton of money they'd have to eat to try to move all those games around...

Please stop. At this time, any non P-5 school invited to the P-5 says yes first and deals with the various consequences of saying yes second. Because the consequences of saying "no" will always outweigh the consequences of saying "yes."

Reaction Score

First of all any school who got a Big 12 invite would instantly write a check to as many schools as needed to get them off their schedules moving forward.

Secondly, I would bet my entire paycheck that BYU has some sort of language written into all of their game contracts that innoculate them from excessive fees should they need to cancel because they joined a conference.

Reaction Score
Please stop. At this time, any non P-5 school invited to the P-5 says yes first and deals with the various consequences of saying yes second. Because the consequences of saying "no" will always outweigh the consequences of saying "yes."

I'm not really sure that's true. Sometime's these game cancellation fees are in the millions. Lets say conservatively BYU has to pay $500,000 a game to cancel it. That's a lot of dough with the B12 pretty much telling everyone that you aren't getting full TV money and the fact that the B12 is the least stable. BYU is already doing pretty decently on their TV deal. That's a lot of money to throw away for an unstable conference, which could be completely gone by 2025 (GoR expiration.)

Reaction Score
First of all any school who got a Big 12 invite would instantly write a check to as many schools as needed to get them off their schedules moving forward.

Secondly, I would bet my entire paycheck that BYU has some sort of language written into all of their game contracts that innoculate them from excessive fees should they need to cancel because they joined a conference.

I agree with point two wholeheartedly, if they have it contracted that way, that's a whole different story.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
https://therealdudeofwv.wordpress.com/2015/10/30/wvu-unhappy-with-direction-of-football-program/

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 48m48 minutes ago
That's all I know. I learned it about 2:20 pm yesterday afternoon. the TCU game was very important.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
Now I'm going away for a while. I'm sick at my stomach over this.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
One more thing. Don't forget to watch the ACC. ESPN looks like its about to pull the plug on the ACCN & cause mass panic in the conference.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
https://therealdudeofwv.wordpress.com/2015/10/30/wvu-unhappy-with-direction-of-football-program/

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 48m48 minutes ago
That's all I know. I learned it about 2:20 pm yesterday afternoon. the TCU game was very important.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
Now I'm going away for a while. I'm sick at my stomach over this.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
One more thing. Don't forget to watch the ACC. ESPN looks like its about to pull the plug on the ACCN & cause mass panic in the conference.

LOL RichRod back in Morgantown would be a miracle considering they quite literally burned him in effigy when he left.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If UConn is invited to the B12, we would say yes before Bowlsby could finish asking. Future OOC scheduling will factor into our decision 000000000000%.

This Knight Rider dude has identified the top 3 schools on the sidelines: UConn, BYU and Cincinnati. I think UCF would be more valuable than Memphis if their AD wasn't such a train wreck right now. No football coach, no Athletic Director, a lousy football team, and have always been lousy at all other sports. If all things were equal, UCF would offer the bigger TV market and better football recruiting area over Memphis. Plus I think their student body is huge.

I guess Memphis would bring some good things - decent football recruiting area, a football program that is exploding at the most opportune time, and a basketball program that won't instantly lower everybody's RPI 100 spots come tourney time. They certainly play B12 football already: explosive offense and no defense.

If I were running the B12, I would invite 6: UConn, BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, and Memphis/Temple/Boise. All 6 would bring markets, good football, good football recruiting, and a powerhouse hoops program to pair against KU. Seems like the B12 and ACC are in a race to get a network deal launched first or they are vulnerable to being dropped from mega power status and would be left out of a P4 scenario. Because of this, the B12 really needs to think about long-term viable markets when they add...not just about whatever will get TCU or Baylor into the Playoff in 2016.

Reaction Score
If UConn is invited to the B12, we would say yes before Bowlsby could finish asking. Future OOC scheduling will factor into our decision 000000000000%.

This Knight Rider dude has identified the top 3 schools on the sidelines: UConn, BYU and Cincinnati. I think UCF would be more valuable than Memphis if their AD wasn't such a train wreck right now. No football coach, no Athletic Director, a lousy football team, and have always been lousy at all other sports. If all things were equal, UCF would offer the bigger TV market and better football recruiting area over Memphis. Plus I think their student body is huge.

I guess Memphis would bring some good things - decent football recruiting area, a football program that is exploding at the most opportune time, and a basketball program that won't instantly lower everybody's RPI 100 spots come tourney time. They certainly play B12 football already: explosive offense and no defense.

If I were running the B12, I would invite 6: UConn, BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, and Memphis/Temple/Boise. All 6 would bring markets, good football, good football recruiting, and a powerhouse hoops program to pair against KU. Seems like the B12 and ACC are in a race to get a network deal launched first or they are vulnerable to being dropped from mega power status and would be left out of a P4 scenario. Because of this, the B12 really needs to think about long-term viable markets when they add...not just about whatever will get TCU or Baylor into the Playoff in 2016.

Problem is sharing future revenue 16 ways vs. 12. You can't convince me that Texas would be ok with sharing that pot with Temple.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Problem is sharing future revenue 16 ways vs. 12. You can't convince me that Texas would be ok with sharing that pot with Temple.

I agree - that's the rub. At some point, the other schools will need to band together and do what's best for them even if it means losing Texas to Independence or another conference. With a B12N, that might be enough to convince OU and KU to stay and even sign an updated GoR. If Texas bolts, then you have 15 good schools/ADs and a decent list to pick from to replace them with (Boise/Memphis/Temple). Granted, none of the adds are anywhere close to Texas' value but this conference is every bit as good as the ACC. And if it gets a B12N before an ACCN, then it won't need to worry about ACC any more. You can pluck off a few of the ACC leftovers (Louisville, Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT, etc) and get to 20.

East:
UConn
WVU
Cincinnati
UCF
Memphis/Temple
Houston
TCU
Baylor

West:
BYU
Texas
OU
Ok State
KU
K State
TT
ISU

Football: 7 division games; 2 cross division games; 3 OOC games. If Texas isn't happy and decides to bolt, replace them with Boise in the West. Or, replace with Memphis/Temple and shift Baylor/TCU/Houston to the West. Truly a "national" conference with recruiting ties to FL, TX, OH, mid-Atlantic. Championship Game in Dallas.

Basketball: UConn is the obvious heavyweight and brings an instant must-see game every time against Kansas (or whoever we play). Every plays once and some teams twice. Now has presence in NYC/northeast recruiting. Conference tourney on Kansas City, Dallas, NYC rotation.

Markets: NYC, Philly (maybe), Orlando, DC, Dallas, Houston, St Louis, Kansas City, BYU following.

Olympic sports: give option for schools to join regional conferences (ex - UConn can keep hockey in Hockey East).

Caveat: none of this will ever happen.

Reaction Score
I believe him about ECU and USF not being considered - they're obviously not candidates for anything. UCF, you have to wonder if their program was just a flash in the paan with O'Leary leaving midseason and them having absolutely nothing else of value on the field. I know Houston is competitively average and they're a redundant market, but I would imagine they have some pull in the Texas legislature, especially after what happened in the Southwest Conference breakup. I find it hard to believe they've been written off.

It seems to be clear to everyone though that if the XII misses the playoff again because of no championship game, expansion will be seriously considered.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We're never going to the b12. And Memphis sucks at football, one good year doesn't change that, they're just the ucf of this year. Cincy and one of the Florida schools is probably their most likely adds imo. 2 new states, which means new recruiting territory and cable box's. Not to mention a Florida school in the b12 has to have lots of potential.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, he apparently is a Texas Tech fan. He tweeted a picture of Jones AT&T Stadium.

Night Rider Retweeted Adrian T Dayton
not gonna bite the hand that feeds me. source is as good as gold though, I promise

folks, I can't share who I am publicly. hopefully you understand. but info I pass on is good.

I have no reason to try and mislead anyone or lie to fan bases. I have solid Texas tech and big 12 sources

Night Rider ‏@NightRiderLBK Oct 20
there are only 4 options for big 12 expansion right now: uconn, byu, cincy and memphis. No interest in ecu, ucf, usf, boise or houston
I like the order in that last Tweet.;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does he get his car washed? That's the gold standard of reliability.
Dirty car, dirty mind...that's what I say.

Reaction Score
We're never going to the b12. And Memphis sucks at football, one good year doesn't change that, they're just the ucf of this year. Cincy and one of the Florida schools is probably their most likely adds imo. 2 new states, which means new recruiting territory and cable box's. Not to mention a Florida school in the b12 has to have lots of potential.

I mean in reality the two best schools they should take are Cincy and BYU. Absolutely no question about it. The travel and Sundays issue is hurting BYU obviously, but if you're going based on all the metrics those are the schools that check all the boxes.

Reaction Score
I mean in reality the two best schools they should take are Cincy and BYU. Absolutely no question about it. The travel and Sundays issue is hurting BYU obviously, but if you're going based on all the metrics those are the schools that check all the boxes.

If you are going on markets, television product and prestige of university, BYU and UConn are best. If no BYU, then Cincy and UConn. If the B12 is really in an arms race with the ACC, UConn is the most valuable of all.

Reaction Score
In the east i see Temple as right behind UConn in value as a ''market''...better than UCinn IMO.

Reaction Score
In the east i see Temple as right behind UConn in value as a ''market''...better than UCinn IMO.
The only problem with Temple is they don't own their own market
Where UConn owns their Market

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

No one is adding UCF or USF.

While I think this is more CR trolling, let's play along with the Dude of West Texas.

I believe that if UConn is simply a finalist for the Big 12, we will get invited to the ACC. The ACC wants a network, but they need New York to do it. Despite Rutgers' many self-inflicted wounds in the last year, Syracuse is probably still losing the eyeball war in the Big Apple. Realistically, New York is still up for grabs, and UConn is the one school available that could be a game changer in New York. 1% of New York is worth more than 10% of most other markets.

If either the Big 12 or ACC wants a network, they need a New York presence. I think the ACC will hold off as long as possible to make a decision on UConn, but they will also defend New York if it looks like another conference is trying to expand into New York.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Still think Big12 won't expand unless they know what the ACCn failure of starting up does for schools ability to leave the GOR sooner. If the promise was made that schools will have the network, and now there is not, there might be an escape clause. I could see both Fla State. decide to leave and play with the Big 12 with Notre Dame spurning another league to be with Texas again. Football teams first would think through what is in their best interest.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
His Twitter profile says that he has 160 followers and that he's 82 1/2 years old. Sounds like a reliable source to me.

The date he lists as his birthday, February 10, 1923, is the date that Texas Tech was founded. That's probably not his birthday (or it's a really cool coincidence).
Wouldn't he be 92 1/2 years olds?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom