Non-Key Tweets | Page 320 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
One thing that did occur this week i saw on espn was Boise added Marshall to their schedule for ooc games, and then moved Marshall ahead of Cincy on their schedule and rescheduled Cincy for later dates. Cincy then also scheduled Marshall. Conspiracy kitty?
Cincy is no longer a candidate for the Mountain West and is going to Conference USA?

pj

Reaction Score
This guy Kenney understands TV better than Flugaur. Bundling gives pricing power to cable, debundling gives power to consumers and will substantially reduce revenues to content providers. ESPN did sabotage themselves by allowing unbundling - proving even industry insiders don't fully understand the economics of their industry.

Reaction Score
Some things to note about live programming:

- an ad DURING an NFL game costs about 10X what an add during any show before or after the game
- live really does matter, but it has to be strong content

BUT:

- ESPN was using carriage fees to pay for those deals, not ad $
- so ultimately as carriage fees decline, ESPN has less money to pay for rights fees
- if they keep that 80% floor - maybe the bleeding will stop at some point

So other players can bid more for live content, because they get the increased ad revenue and net profits will increase. ESPN was getting "rent-seeking" margins which are eroding. Where that stops is hard to tell at this point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the deals wouldn't even allow them to move the games over the air - because it would impact the value Fox and CBS receive for what they paid to broadcast games OTA.

Reaction Score
Normally i probably would not tune into the tcu v wv game tunite, but after reading the duds send up to tonight's game i will likely watch some of it. I suspect tcu will send them to their 4th straight loss and 2 no twitter days for him to gather his thoughts and recover.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
Big 12 to stand pat at 10 for now. Playoffs the prime motivating factor. Miss it & the Big 12 expands.

David Gill ‏@DJGill33 · 2h2 hours ago  Weirton, WV
@theDudeofWV with Baylor likely to lose a game now due to QB injury there is a good chance no one in the big 12 goes undefeated.

@DJGill33 If you're pro expansion then that's good. If you're not its bad.

WVU, OU and BU are the most pro-expansion schools in the Big 12. Each for a different reason.

danny pritt ‏@DaPritt · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Well, what's the reasons?

@DaPritt Obvious... BU... scared for Big 12 - OU wants a network - WVU wants someone close.

@cdoneal428 BU isn't stupid... a Big 12 with > than 10 survives if anyone leaves.

Collin O'Neal ‏@cdoneal428 · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV so why aren't TCU and Oklahoma state with them?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @cdoneal428 Who says they aren't" Degrees of meh among the others. Sorta for expansion if the right candidate.

@cdoneal428 Sorta against expansion if the candidates are not what they want.

@cdoneal428 So you have 3 strongly in favor. 1 strongly against & 6 on the fence.

@DaPritt Texas truly wants the Big 12. If the Big 12 goes away Texas thinks it can live as an indy. Texas will not cause the demise.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The LHN is a disaster. While they have a huge fanbase, they do not have the same national appeal that Notre Dame carries. ND has its NBC deal because they have HUGE alumni numbers in big markets (i.e. northeast, Chicago, etc). Texas does not. Bully to Texas if they think that they can survive as an Indy but I think this is just more Dude speak to try to downplay just how shaky a situation that the B12 is truly in.

pj

Reaction Score
The LHN is a disaster. While they have a huge fanbase, they do not have the same national appeal that Notre Dame carries. ND has its NBC deal because they have HUGE alumni numbers in big markets (i.e. northeast, Chicago, etc). Texas does not. Bully to Texas if they think that they can survive as an Indy but I think this is just more Dude speak to try to downplay just how shaky a situation that the B12 is truly in.

Notre Dame has an undergrad enrollment of 8,000, Texas of 40,000. Texas probably has more alums in every major city save Chicago. What Notre Dame has is a lot of non-alumni fans nationwide, due to its history as the sports representative of Catholics. Texas gets non-alumni fans from the state of Texas, nowhere else.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has an undergrad enrollment of 8,000, Texas of 40,000. Texas probably has more alums in every major city save Chicago. What Notre Dame has is a lot of non-alumni fans nationwide, due to its history as the sports representative of Catholics. Texas gets non-alumni fans from the state of Texas, nowhere else.

Yes. If LHN was regionalized to the midwestern region where most of their alumni/fanbase is located, that's one thing. ND has presence in just about every major city in the U.S., especially in the northeast. Their ratings are driven by those markets and warrant their own NBC deal. Texas' fan demographic does not.

Reaction Score
The way I see it everyone is pro-expansion, except Texas. I don't see a compelling reason the rest of the conference doesn't want to expand.

Reaction Score
Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 11h11 hours ago
No invites are imminent. Period. Won't happen til at least after the regular season. Unless there is emergency meeting not til February.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 8h8 hours ago
My last tweet may not hold weight. I could be wrong on that from what I'm hearing. Doubt it. But there is noise. Quite a bit.

Aerocat ‏@aerocat08 5h5 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa Not getting our hopes up in Bearcatland yet, but if there was something afoot, why now? Seems like weird timing.

Reaction Score
PAL ‏@PAL88888 · 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire ACC Channel Delayed? http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@PAL88888
Looks like it...but as you can see from the article ESPN will make investment in ACCN and up their $ on Current TV contract.

PAL ‏@PAL88888 · 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire Does reality of ACCN mean ESPN is losing most or all of B1G Tier-1 contract?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @PAL88888 I don't think they will lose all..but some. But ESPN is committed to ACC..and ACCN will get off ground

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
ACC schools will get a bump in pay by ESPN for the ACCN delay...if that's the final decision. ESPN is totally committed to the ACC.

The ACC GOR is intact...there was consideration by signing the GOR for each and every ACC school.
Timing is everything for launch.

ACC talking about more Conference BB games in the future...this is to have more content in-house. This is for future ACCN.

The consideration in the ACC GOR signing was bump in pay...either in ACCN or if delay in launch the bump in pay in Teir 1 Contract.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@DanWolken Look into the ACC GoR. Is it valid without payment.

Mike Swearingen ‏@Swearingen20 40m40 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I just noticed some tweets from Dan Wolken and it sounds like the ACC could be on the move in some way. Could affect the Big12

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
@Swearingen20 ACC is in trouble. They have always been the target. Not the Big 12.

Mike Swearingen ‏@Swearingen20 17m17 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV in your opinion would this help or hurt the chances of Memphis and Cincinnati going to the Big 12?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
I do agree with those who speculating ESPNU could become future ACCN.Even if ESPN retains 50% of B1G new contract..ESPNU won't be in package

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire Not for football, anyway.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@pfh1964 Yep...not for football. ESPNU is currently in the B1G package...but not in the future.

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire They will still have other sports on U.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@pfh1964 yep. Lacrosse is one of them

Allen Kenney ‏@BlatantHomerism 2h2 hours ago
Realignment conspiracy time: why would Georgia tech put this out there?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@BlatantHomerism B1G Presidents would crawl over burning coals to bring in GT. Not happening..but they would vote yes if GT ever interested

@BlatantHomerism Not to mention GT is closer to moving up their HCKY Club team to D1 than any current B1G school with no D1 HCKY.

ACC GOR is real..schls have received consideration for signing GOR..will get bump $ if ACCN delayed. But if GT 12/15 yrs is available

ME: Gee, thanks a lot, Wolken, for giving the twitter peanut gallery new oxygen. :rolleyes:

GG

Reaction Score
As always, take it for what it's worth:

@NightRiderLBK: 4) if big 12 misses playoff again they will take a hard look at expanding before next season. as of now, the most preferred are........

@NightRiderLBK: 5) in order.......
1 - byu
2 - memphis
3 - cincinnati
4 - uconn
big 12 is preparing for potential issues with byu (sunday, geography, etc)

@NightRiderLBK: @BBConnectionOrl memphis has made huge improvements. uconn is a flagship and great market

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As always, take it for what it's worth:

@NightRiderLBK: 4) if big 12 misses playoff again they will take a hard look at expanding before next season. as of now, the most preferred are...

@NightRiderLBK: 5) in order..
1 - byu
2 - memphis
3 - cincinnati
4 - uconn
big 12 is preparing for potential issues with byu (sunday, geography, etc)

@NightRiderLBK: @BBConnectionOrl memphis has made huge improvements. uconn is a flagship and great market

A new hat in the ring. Excellent.

Reaction Score
A new hat in the ring. Excellent.

The date he lists as his birthday, February 10, 1923, is the date that Texas Tech was founded. That's probably not his birthday (or it's a really cool coincidence).

Either way, P5 conferences typically run realignment decisions through the least-significant schools in their leagues, so he must know what he's talking about.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The date he lists as his birthday, February 10, 1923, is the date that Texas Tech was founded. That's probably not his birthday (or it's a really cool coincidence).
hat he's talking about.

45 years before Cahusky was founded! (Born)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom