Non-Key Tweets | Page 318 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert Retweeted

E. Gordon Gee ‏@gordongee · 3h3 hours ago
Making my way to Dallas today for a meeting with other Big 12 presidents. Always look forward to seeing them.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
Big 12 presidents will talk expansion in Dallas.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
http://mobile.twitter.com/gordongee/stat
Will they talk expansion?
Of course..as I said last week the train is much further down the track than many believe

Could a single injury force the XII's hand in expansion. Baylor is down to their 2nd string QB, who happens to be a true freshman, for the rest of the season with games against K State, Oklahoma, OK State, TCU and Texas left. Ouch. If the lose once and so does TCU, the XII could easily be shut out of another season of football playoffs. If that happens, the pressure will mount to expand and/or for schools to find greener pastures.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/10/26/seth-russell-baylor-injury-jarrett-stidham

Putting aside the big picture for a moment best, wishes to Mr. Russell on speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Meant it in the sense they aren't going to be expensive talent under contract. The fact they are taking out that much money further enforces my point - you aren't selling the AAC for a 500% markup to a company that is bledding 5% of it's workforce to cut expenses because the top line is shrinking.

Who knows. They offered to double Cowherd's salary and he still left.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
Big 12 presidents meeting where expansion will be discussed.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4m4 minutes ago
There is a slight chance the Big 12 could decide to expand. Say 2%. If it did the invites would go to BYU and Memphis.

Of course for Cincy and USF the 98% chance the Big 12 will do nothing should be of comfort.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Danoinotown I meant UCF...sorry...

Justin Friest ‏@ISUCloneKCChief · 5m5 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Jamie Pollard (ISU AD) said the other day there is a possibility of partial members (football only)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
@ISUCloneKCChief I don' see that...why? Because basketball tournament points would need to offset the slight loss of dollars.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
I get the vibe that the run by Memphis might push the Big 12 to act.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
Here's some keys for you to watch. If the Big 12 says anything about expansion then they couldn't agree.

If they say nothing...then something happened.

Reaction Score
Big 12 presidents meeting where expansion will be discussed.

There is a slight chance the Big 12 could decide to expand. Say 2%. If it did the invites would go to BYU and Memphis.

Of course for Cincy and USF the 98% chance the Big 12 will do nothing should be of comfort.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Danoinotown I meant UCF...sorry...

Justin Friest ‏@ISUCloneKCChief · 5m5 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Jamie Pollard (ISU AD) said the other day there is a possibility of partial members (football only)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
@ISUCloneKCChief I don' see that...why? Because basketball tournament points would need to offset the slight loss of dollars.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
I get the vibe that the run by Memphis might push the Big 12 to act.

Here's some keys for you to watch. If the Big 12 says anything about expansion then they couldn't agree.

If they say nothing...then something happened.

Brett McMurphy says Big 12 not expanding west, but The Dude says BYU is in if they expand.

Who...to...believe? Hmmm

Reaction Score
@KilroyFSU Memphis is one of the top 10 football watching TV markets. Not just SEC but CFB in general. Big 12 wants it.

Reaction Score
@KilroyFSU Memphis is one of the top 10 football watching TV markets. Not just SEC but CFB in general. Big 12 wants it.
Memphis may not be the all that, but it is on a roll and you combine that with a Big 12 invite, next thing you know Ol' Jed's a millionaire.

Reaction Score
Memphis may not be the all that, but it is on a roll and you combine that with a Big 12 invite, next thing you know Ol' Jed's a millionaire.
Kinfolks say....Jed move away from there.....they said Californy is the place you ought to be so they packed up the truck and they moved to Beverly....

Reaction Score
Memphis is one qb away from going back to the middle of the pack. That kid is likely the first team all american at qb this year, and gone to the nfl next year. The fact that the dud thinks Memphis is a perennial fball player once the qb leaves(and likely the coach) only shows how little he knows. Then again, this is the same guy who was talking wv as b12 champs 3 weeks ago, and they are looking at 0 and 4 after this week in the conference.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Went to a car wash on my lunch break. Saw a homeless woman who proceeded to squat and take a dump right in front of the change machine. I needed 2 of the Sachajawea coins so I held my nose and approached. I looked down and there it was.....a big dump in the shape of the State of CT with an arrow pointing west. To clarify.....west from my point in time is directly at the Great Lakes.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I can't see the Big 12 making a decision on expansion until they know where they stand with CCG deregulation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who knows. They offered to double Cowherd's salary and he still left.

I wasn't too clear. I was just saying the job elims weren't on air talent. They will still pay for talent although they have walked away from a few.

Reaction Score

Memphis the the 48th largest TV market (just ahead of #50 Louisville and behind #30 Hartford/New Haven) and in the US and one of the poorest (#108, Hartford is #8), which means 10% of the Memphis TV marketing watching college football in Memphis has less value to advertisers than 2% of the Hartford market watching college football. No to mention that Memphis likely has a split market with some folks watching other local programs like U Tennessee and Ole Miss, which is less than 70 miles away.

Reaction Score
I wasn't too clear. I was just saying the job elims weren't on air talent. They will still pay for talent although they have walked away from a few.

Right. I'm just saying they will pay where they perceive value. I don't know what they make on the CFB deals, but I also know that paying $xM for MLB rights for one team and $xM for MLB rights for another team (even in two major cities) can have very different value propositions. So you can directionally figure out where rights fees are going, but across the board there is no rule.

As to ESPN cuts? Any company that made a lot of money for a lot of years has bloated middle management structures. Just a fact. Sad for the individuals, but anyone that is making 6 figures should absolutely be smart enough to annually assess what their worth is to a company and be proactive.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
B12 will not expand into 3rd Timezone with their 11/12 schools. BYU is no longer a candidate...neither is UCF for other reasons (ESPN)

Final decisions won't be made in Dallas at this time because final B12 negotiations with final candidates have not even started.

B12 messaging out of Dallas in regards to expansion will consist of molding the perception of B12 strength..in other words=no need for EXP.

But according to what has been told to us on B10 perception of future B12 actions (could be wrong..but don't think so) EXP faction has won

Deregulation of CCG will not stop B12 expansion. Boren has won the argument. If UT pulls rug...OU is bye bye. Simple to understand

B10/SEC is fully on board with Deregulation for own future expansion motives (makes it easier)

E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire are they deciding today at this meeting ?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@Epfourteen No. We do not believe so. We were told final negotiations with candidates will not start until after deregulation passes.

@flugempire is Cincy still. 11. And 12 Memphis / Houston ?

@Epfourteen At one time BTM told us CINCY was not among top 3...but things changed and we tweeted it out on October 13.

@Epfourteen We would, at this time, consider all 3 candidates..but CINCY with the least red flags. But 2 out of the 3. BYU/UCF are out.

@Epfourteen this is of course based on B10 perception..we could be dead ass wrong and we expect to get flamed if we are..but don't think so

@flugempire has to be something. Why else they having a meeting

@Epfourteen Because B12 won't get down to brass tacks with candidates until CCG deregulation has passed. Deal on position of strength.

@flugempire and that passes or expected to pass at least in January correct.

@Epfourteen B12 Expansion Train has moved down the tracks...but it has a couple of stops to make before it reaches its Expansion destination

@Epfourteen Oh they will talk expansion. Starr - Boren - Gee will discuss. Our perception is nothing is imminent. Why?

@Epfourteen Because B12 won't get down to brass tacks with candidates until CCG deregulation has passed. Deal on position of strength.

@Epfourteen Final decision on who 11/12 could come down to who is willing to backload Teir 1/2 TV contracts the most...among other variables

@Epfourteen B12 Expansion Train has moved down the tracks...but it has a couple of stops to make before it reaches its Expansion destination

Reaction Score
But according to what has been told to us on B10 perception of future B12 actions (could be wrong..but don't think so) EXP faction has won

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire Memphis and Tulane. Serious. Fans want to travel and Big 12 has most leisure income of any conference fan base.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@geoffmitchell Tulane would make many Acedemia B12 people happy.But B10 does not believe they are being considered. Will see.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire OU wants Tulane for books and bars. I'll agree to that!

Ashley B Scriber ‏@AshleyBScriber 3h3 hours ago
@geoffmitchell @flugempire They certainly did in 2011 in fact. Cincy was also on five school list with TCU, UL, and WVU.

Phelon ‏@JrPhelon 23h23 hours ago
@MH ver3 What info do you have on today's Big12 meeting in Dallas? -- Asking for a BYU friend.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22h22 hours ago
@JrPhelon my B12 info usually comes a day or two after the fact.should know something by tomorrow.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Oct 26
Hearing Penn State's James Franklin is very interested in the job at the U as well

JF ‏@lwillfollow 24h24 hours ago
@MH ver3 Why go from a large land grant school & great facilities in the B1G to a small private school with poor facitities in a lousy conf?

MH ver3‏@MHv er3 22h22 hours ago
@lwillfollow I would guess for recruiting and easier competition

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Oct 26
But I'm hearing Fuente is a big part of Memphis plan to score a B12 invite and plan to throw the works at him to retain him

Jim Clayton ‏@UHJDC Oct 26
@MH ver3 @Tcunningham50 @JerryCoog So where does Fuente go after the Big12 picks Cincy and UH?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22h22 hours ago
@UHJDC @TCunningham50 @JerryCoog houston would be a good pick up but they are currently about 4th or 5th in line

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Memphis has offered to pay B12 $50 million to join and take no tv $ or bowl $(unless they its one they are in) and then(continued)

MHv er3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
(2/2) take a graduated amount of TV and bowl $ over the course of the next ten years

To clarify: no $ for first five years and then Graduated amount for the next ten

Bowlsby refusing to discuss expansion again until after season has ended.

CardiacCoogs.com ‏@cardiaccoogs 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 What other teams are you hearing?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@cardiaccoogs UH, Cincy, BYU, BSU, UCF, ECU, to name a few

Bryan ‏@breid6791 3h3 hours ago
@Mver3 Colorado State?

@breid6791 yes

eg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted MHver3

https://mobile.twitter.com/MHver3/status/659024823079804928… Note to Dude and Mhver 3: B12 expansion train is way past having 5-6-7-8 candidates you guys keep listing.

@flugempire @cardiaccoogs I agree. It's down to 3-4 at this point but those other names are still being bandied about

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @cardiaccoogs Not by Gee-Starr-Boren who will be presenting. Compromised candidates have been settled on. UH-CINCY-Memphis

@Mver3 @cardiaccoogs According to B10 perceptions of course

@flugempire so your sources are also saying that BYU has nearly dropped off the radar?Have you heard why?They were so high on them for years

@flugempire was it geography? Or culture? Or both?

@MH ver3 Geography. B12 is unstable enough..don't want to go 3rd time zone.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think its great were not even being talked about, I think its makes it more likely we'll get picked lol.

Reaction Score
MHv er3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
I'm told that WVU prez Gee made an impassioned plea to the other B12 presidents regarding the need to expand to 12.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 58m58 minutes ago
ACC is absolutely not expanding unless ND joins or the B12 implodes.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 56m56 minutes ago
Any rumors of ACC being interested in Memphis are totally incorrect. Hence Memphis selling their soul for a B12 invite.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 56m56 minutes ago
Like I said the other day: if B12 were to expand today it would be Cincy and Memphis.

Junehair ‏@jrsoutherland 51m51 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Is Boise even in the conversation at this point?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 51m51 minutes ago
@jrsoutherland in the conversations but other teams have emerged as front runners due to geography and other factors

Jared Kotler ‏@JaredKotler 57m57 minutes ago
@MH ver3 so most likely UConn staying put in American?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 54m54 minutes ago
@JaredKotler at this point, sadly, yes

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 53m53 minutes ago
Bowlsby knows the conference must expand but the true powers in Texas are doing all they can to snuff out the movement

chitownsundevil ‏@chitownsundevil 51m51 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Why?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 50m50 minutes ago
@chitownsundevil because they believe better options will be available in a few years.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 50m50 minutes ago
@chitownsundevil after B10 guts the ACC

Will ‏@wa1974 55m55 minutes ago
@MH ver3 so basically, the ACL is expanding within 12 months and will most likely take a couple B12 teams

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 52m52 minutes ago
@wa1974 because the B12 teams want to take a huge paycut??

ME: Moving the goalposts further. Now it's after deregulation, then it would be something else. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. They don't want to be in three time zones? What does that even mean? And he's still talking about how the B12 needs CCG dereg to pass for leverage in negotiations while Memphis is begging to get in on a terrible deal. This is nonsense and it's not worth reading.

Reaction Score
Not a tweet but a rumor on Techsideline. The poster has almost 5000 posts on that board.

"I was passed on info / rumor from a reputable source that the ACC and ESPN were finalizing a new & bigger deal and would be announced before the end of football season. Is this the look-in clause from the existing contract? New channel announcement? New schools forcing a new contract?"

"It was relayed as a "huge" deal between the two
but not necessarily a channel. If not a channel, then that means more schools to me. Maybe that Wolfpack insider was correct with his ND predictions back in the winter/spring."

You couple that rumor with the article about ESPN having to cut employees and dealing with sports fees costs, one gets the impression that they're deciding to let the Big Ten go to Fox/NBC/CBS/Turner/whoever. Keeping the ACC/SEC/B12 is not a bad strategy.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
They'll never do it but taking 3 AAC 3 MWC teams would be really cool and keep the conference somewhat regional

Boise
Colorado St
New Mexico
Tulane
Memphis
Cincinnati

gets you into Ohio, Tennessee, Colorado, Louisiana. Boise competitive football and New Mexico growing state population. Problem is all of these teams sans Cincy have ABYSMAL athletic departments but XII membership did wonders for TCU's olympic sports/basketball. Outside of football Boise/CSU/UNM/Memphis/Cincy are all great basketball adds as well

Reaction Score
They'll never do it but taking 3 AAC 3 MWC teams would be really cool and keep the conference somewhat regional

Boise
Colorado St
New Mexico
Tulane
Memphis
Cincinnati

gets you into Ohio, Tennessee, Colorado, Louisiana. Boise competitive football and New Mexico growing state population. Problem is all of these teams sans Cincy have ABYSMAL athletic departments but XII membership did wonders for TCU's olympic sports/basketball. Outside of football Boise/CSU/UNM/Memphis/Cincy are all great basketball adds as well
if this is a summary of all that tweet nonsense, thank you very much. I still think either Houston or Rice is in the conversation. Houston is too large a city to leave out, I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on state borders.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. They don't want to be in three time zones? What does that even mean? And he's still talking about how the B12 needs CCG dereg to pass for leverage in negotiations while Memphis is begging to get in on a terrible deal. This is nonsense and it's not worth reading.
And yet, here we both are.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It's fascinating that Memphis would pay $50M, take no $ for 5 years and then take graduated $ for the next 10 years. I just can't believe it.

Reaction Score
It's fascinating that Memphis would pay $50M, take no $ for 5 years and then take graduated $ for the next 10 years. I just can't believe it.
How does that commpare to remaining in AAC for 15 years?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom