Non-Key Tweets | Page 324 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Albert Ruscitto ‏@CincyP5orbust · 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Just to clarify, do you mean no announcement before 2017 or do you mean not effective before 2017?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
@CincyP5orbust I mean the earliest possible expansion occurs in 2017.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8h8 hours ago
UCF is out.

Ken Kueker ‏@BBConnectionOrl · 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I don't believe it. UCF offers huge advantages over all other candidates except Cincinnati.

@BBConnectionOrl Well, metrics went out the window. It’s the Big 12.

@Mountaineer_Ste The Big 12 is a herd of autistic cats. Each concerned with only its own needs.

@Martyaborg No expansion until 2017. None. If then. I’m astounded of the lack of leadership from Bowlsby.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@Martyaborg Let me say this. A year ago the Big 12 wanted UCF badly but Texas wouldn’t agree.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@Martyaborg Now UCF is out. A year makes a big difference. 2 years is a lifetime.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Martyaborg The B12 can’t agree on anything.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
@Martyaborg Let me say this. A year ago the Big 12 wanted UCF badly but Texas wouldn’t agree.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
This is correct. Texas/ESPN will not agree to UCF

Reaction Score
CR is all about football. TCU is the only recent P5 invitee currently ranked in the top 25. The AAC has 4 ranked. The ACC has Clemson, Florida State, and this years wildcard UNC*. Gotta love CR.
BC and Syracuse are a combined 1-11 in ACC play. Meanwhile, in other action on the Atlantic Coast, UCONN is making its way back while Temple and Navy are having great seasons.

Reaction Score
Can't wait for the pro-UConn non-key tweets after we beat Houston and/or Temple. That will keep this thread going another 8 months.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can't wait for the pro-UConn non-key tweets after we beat Houston and/or Temple. That will keep this thread going another 8 months.
Next week the tweets will be a replay of Louisville 2012. You'll get a bunch of Houston fans spouting, "Hey, why doesn't the Big XII just invite the winner of the UConn Houston game? That's the fairest way." And when UConn wins, they backtrack en masse saying that Louisville offers so much more than just one crummy football game.

Reaction Score
UH is certainly 1 of 3 candidates who are not currently in the Big 12 and may never be invited until they may be considered to receive an invitation pending the decision by the powers that be whether or not to invite 1 or more potential candidates who may nor may not be considered, currently.

Reaction Score
That's one of the weirder things I've seen.

I'm not even particularly concerned with that. Houston/Memphis/Cincy are all completely plausible options for the Big 12. The reason I think he's full of it is his insistence that the Big 12 is going to wait until CCG deregulation because they somehow don't have enough leverage already. That doesn't pass the smell test.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Because the UConn administration monitors the Boneyard so that they can keep the Flug in the loop as to what we post here....:rolleyes:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Flug also had Houston 5th back in June. Granted he was on them early and predicted them to improve this year but they haven't been in the consensus pole position until they put together the year they have on the field.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20h20 hours ago
When discussing the Big 12 you must understand the factions involved & how problematic reaching a consensus is, like herding autistic cats.

Texas & Oklahoma are one faction. WVU is another. The Texas schools, the OK schools, the KS schools all in whole or part factions.

ristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20h20 hours ago
Each of these factions has their own interests. So agreeing to anything is difficult.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20h20 hours ago
They all agree they don't want to expand. They all agree they will only expand if necessary.

Sorry for the delay. So the Big 12 is one dysfunctional family. Bowlsby is more of a manager than a leader.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19h19 hours ago
So why would expansion go smoothly? No chance.

This is controversial but we're talking about the conference that passed on FSU, Clemson & Louisville.

So how can we expect them to agree on the available schools?

The Big 12 did their homework. They looked at the available schools again in terms of valuations.

They had help. Mostly, I'm told, from IMG. But Fox & ESPN also chimed in...

Fox & ESPN didn't veto anybody.

They (Fox & ESPN) told the B12 that no available candidates add value. They did express the recommendation to expand in the East.

The committee narrowed down the list to BYU, Cincy, Memphis & UCF.

Nobody could agree on two candidates. Then something odd happened. Something unexpected.

Texas, who has been anti expansion, was pressured to add UH. I was wrong about that.

UT reportedly told the Big 12 the only way they vote for expansion is to include UH.

But UH doesn't have enough votes. Nobody does.

So as long as UH doesn't have the votes the committee will not submit them to the Presidents.

The two reportedly chosen are UH & Cincy. They have not been invited. They can't until the vote.

ristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19h19 hours ago
The Big 12 hopes it won't have to expand. So the vote won't come until Summer 2016 at the earliest. With expansion in 2017 if at all.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19h19 hours ago
For Memphis & BYU the possibility exists that the fortunes of UH change & the pressure subsides.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19h19 hours ago
Because in order for UT to secure the necessary votes they will likely have to make concessions. Concessions they loathe to make.

Personally I'm not confident an agreement will be reached. I think it could.

But that's for UT & OU to decide.

If they must expand the great majority of the Big 12 wants Memphis not UH.

Reaction Score
Although one thought is that UH would be the 5th Tx school in the B12 & forever bind UT to the conf.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 19h19 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Texas is a big state and currently southeast Texas, where the top talent is, is SEC country w A&M and LSU. UH is NEEDED by B12

@NebGradDubDub Then why are they such a hard sell?

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 19h19 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub UT already covers Houston market. UT >> A&M>>UH in terms of merchandise available in Houston

@MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub I've made that argument. Plus...,

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 19h19 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub I see it every day. Only way UH is valuable to B12 is if it gets the B12 a conference network. Somehow

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 18h18 hours ago
@MurrDCU @theDudeofWV if I was the B12 I would be afraid of losing UH to another P5 league in a decade. Laugh if you want.

If that happens & UT agrees to extend the GoR & give up LHN then I have no problem with UH.

In this case OU holds the Ace. They can block UH until UT makes some concessions.

If OU does block then the TX schools may pressure that UH be excluded least the strive destabilize the Big 12.

This is the Big 12. Nothing is certain until the press conference is over. All this could change because of the dynamics involved.

Honestly it makes my head hurt. The Big 12 needs to get its act together & act like an ongoing business concern.

If not it has no future.

One more note. There are those in the Big 12 who will swear UT would never sponsor UH.

More than one trusted source has denied UH is even a candidate this very night.

It confuses me too but it shows how dysfunctional the Big 12 really is & how far they must go.

As of 9/9/15 if the Big 12 would expand they would invite UH & UC with Memphis & BYU very close behind.

But a lot can happen in 1 or 2 years. Last year UCF was the darling of the Big 12 & this year fell off the map. Nothing is certain.

Consider this a weather report. The wind is blowing this direction today but no guarantees it will blow that way tomorrow.

I also realize the heat I'm going to take. I'm not covering all the bases.

I'm trying to accurately convey the situation as I understand it along with all the nuances. I've confirmed as much as possible

I sincerely apologize for any confusion. I do my best to confirm info before I pass it along.

Obviously I did not understand the political climate in Texas that would apply so much pressure on UT to include UH.

I wish ESPN & Fox would veto somebody. Maybe just say add these 2. But if they don't pay up they must shut up.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18h18 hours ago
Good night people. If any of you Texas chaps have any info that would shed light on this please share.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18h18 hours ago
One more thing before I call it a night. I have nothing against UH. They have a fine football pedigree but otherwise questionable value.

Far too much competition for the entertainment $ in Houston.

If the Big 12 expands I want the 2 schools that add the most & help secure the future of the Big 12.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18h18 hours ago
If UH does that then I'm all for their addition. But it seems that a political appointment does nothing to secure the Big 12.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So the B12 passed on FSU and Clemson.... Good to know

Exactly - anyone who reads his nonsense for anything but laughs is wasting their time.

pj

Reaction Score
The only thing he said that was right was that the B12 has no future. They needed Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
The only thing he said that was right was that the B12 has no future. They needed Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas A&M.
Yeah, he has embraced some reality regarding the Big 12. Months ago he was in denial mode and saying that the conference was strong and they were one big happy family.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
It's official

Next Dinner with BTM November 27th.

History shows BTM way ahead of curve last April, June September.

Might want to ✔️ in

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
The playoff committee is bending over backwards to justify defeats. Early kick offs, rain, etc.

Nobody in the nation, except Alabama, has a win over a team like TCU as Oklahoma State has on its resume.

The committee had best apply the same criteria to ND as they did the Big 12 champ last year too.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
The playoff committee isn't working. Excuses for losing??? Collusion?

@jefflongUA How can you, as chairman, allow excuses to mitigate losses? That's dishonest.

@jefflongUA As @paulfinebaum hinted at tonight there seems to be collision against the Big 12. The committee needs transparency.

@jefflongUA Perhaps televise deliberations to prove everything is above board. Otherwise the committee reeks of bias.

@jefflongUA as chairman this abomination is your fault. This farce is your responsibility. You need to resign immediately.

@jefflongUA You realize the committee is being mocked all over the country. Finebaum points out its corruption.

@jefflongUA You can't make excuses for losing. Otherwise I expect WVU to be #3. After all WVU has only lost 4 games due to bad QB play.

@jefflongUA What's the difference between a 9:00 am kickoff or bad QB play. An excuse is still an excuse.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 59m59 minutes ago
@jefflongUA its the coach's responsibility to have the team ready to play whenever the kickoff.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 60m60 minutes ag
@jefflongUA And if a 1 loss ND gets in over an undefeated Big 12 champ you will have to own up to your words last year.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 58m58 minutes ago
@jefflongUA Remember your spiel about being how a conference champ matters? Or the 13th data point?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 58m58 minutes ago
@jefflongUA If you are not going to be consistent & fair then resign now or you'll be proven a hypocrite.

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 5h5 hours ago
Wonder if committee realizes not all > .500 teams are created equal. WVU, Tech not above .500 b/c they’ve played OSU, Bay, TCU, OU already

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 55m55 minutes ago
@Jake_Trotter Both WVU & TT likely to kick the out of Iowa.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 53m53 minutes ago
I hope that every CCG favorite loses their CCG. That would put the playoff committee in a spot.

Ted Harrison ‏@tedvid 1h1 hour ago
I'm going to pit Iowa vs. Baylor on a neutral field. And you are going to bet your life savings. @CFBPlayoff ... ?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 53m53 minutes ago
@tedvid @alefever @CFBPlayoff Iowa versus the top 6 Big 12 teams gets their booty kicked.

ME: The B12's best hope for survival is either take the best AAC programs available or partial merger with ACC. :cool:

Reaction Score
Glad to see college football fans realizing the plight of basketball fans on the third Sunday in March. :) Televise the deliberations lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom