Non-Key Tweets | Page 245 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
Like I've always have stated...Texas is not supportive of expansion...this is just another moment where Oklahoma states its difference w UT

This whole mantra of some on Twitter who proclaims all of Big 12 have never been closer in wanting same things..holding hands...complete BS.

@geoffmitchell Boren wanted UL...didn't get them. Texas needs to be pro-expansion and push ESPN to open up books..OU pushes FOX.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@geoffmitchell Texas is not on board with expansion. OU and UT are not nearly as tight as some have told you. This is Boren's line in sand

The next time the Dude of WV tells you OU & UT are currently holding hands and relationship is as strong as ever..tell him Boren says hello.

Orlando needs to become B12 Country.
BYU Huge Brand needs to be added.
Or...CINCY recruiting..growing area needs to become B12 hot spot.

BYU & UCF in Big 12 would increase the leverage Big 12 will have in next TV negotiations.
Listen to Boren UT..listen..or you will lose OU.

@theDudeofWV
You might want to change your sources.
They suck.

@LandThieves:"Boren said the problem of reduced revenue per school with expansion wasn’t as big of a hurdle as it had been made out to be.""

@LandThieves The hurdle is Texas.

Boren just crushed LHN. LHN is what is stopping this conference from getting a prosperous B12N.
Boren says LHN is failing.

Boren has just put the line in the sand down for UT.
Get rid of that dump you call LHN.
Grow this B12...or we out in 10 yrs.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 56m56 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush go read what Boren had to say today..and read Dude's timeline for last 6 months. Dude still legit?...UT&OU holding hands?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 52m52 minutes ago
Oklahoma and Texas are not on the same page...have not been on the same page. Texas better get on the same page with OU...like..now.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 51m51 minutes ago
Those who have been telling you UT&OU are tight as can be are telling you BS. This should be clear...right?...right?
Boren has spoken.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45m45 minutes ago
Oklahoma will leave the B12 in 2025 if Conference Model does not change.
You finally listening Dude of WV?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If UCF and Cinci leave....

26-suicide.jpg

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 48m48 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby: "We talk about membership at ever meeting. I think our presidents individually have their own opinions on things." (more)"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 47m47 minutes ago
"@ChuckCarltonDMN: Bowlsby (cont): "I have not gotten the indication that the majority of our presidents feel that way. ...
OU will bolt

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45m45 minutes ago
And this is why 2 months I tweeted out my convo on a Friday night at a bar..when B1G man told me OU/KU are most gettable P5 schools 8-10 yrs

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 44m44 minutes ago
In my convo with B1G man..if you remember...told me B1G would have Interest in MIzzou (but probably no interest back to B1G).. Next up OU/KU

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 43m43 minutes ago
B1G told me 2 months ago...that Big 12 was most unstable...not ACC...b/c OU was interested in bolting. Remember my tweets on a Friday night?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 40m40 minutes ago
OU & UT sees things quite differently...LHN stops the B12 from creating B12N. There is a major rift..and nobody can denigh it now..nobody.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
And as I said to you all on Twitter 2 months ago..from a Bar, with B1G man giving me load down..believe this...what Boren said today...

...matches the perception of what the B1G believes is what's going on in Big 12 Conference (especially OU).

Reaction Score
@ChuckCarltonDMN Pro rata clause much more important than expanding slices from 10 to 12 on Playoff ect ect.payouts.Great news for expansion

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @posas13 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 So there is a Pro Rata Clause for expansion on Teir1/2 Big 12 contract..Bowksby confirmed

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 15m15 minutes ago
Boren just spilled the beans..more like the lie of 5 yrs told by B12 Officials..There is a Pro-Rata Clause in TV contract for Expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 14m14 minutes ago
Which means a UCF doesn't have to be valued at 20-25 mil to be added...it's a bunch of BS. UCF would gladly take smaller share of playoff PY

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13m13 minutes ago
There is only 1 reason Big 12 has not expanded to at least 12 schools and that is Texas and those who dont want to lose Texas relationship

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 Yep.A whole lot of "sources" who supposedly were never wrong,told to us by you know who..were dead ass wrong on every turn.

Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples · 36m36 minutes ago
The pro rata thing in the Big 12 is fine, but if you have to split CFP and bowl money by 12 instead of 10, that's going to cost schools $$.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
@Andy_Staples Its not a zero sum game. You add footprint..marketing/branding..recruiting grounds.
Short term thinking about 12 slices=stupid

Redhawk Land Service ‏@RedhawkLand · 9m9 minutes ago
@flugempire adding 2 means OU or UT isn't on your home ticket schedule for many of B12 schools. & concern over how to split divisions

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @RedhawkLand You are correct. But there will always be concerns/issues. But B12 needs to gain footprint/exposure/branding or OU bolts.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
How many times have I tweeted out 65 not the number P5 stops at?
Why?
Live Sport Content is bleeping gold.
Too many bloggers don't get it

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
So if we were lied to about Big 12 TV contract not being pro-rata with expansion....are we being lied to about the Big 12 GOR?

No wonder Oliver Luck left his AD position at WVU...couldn't get Texas and their buddies to move on Eastern Partners when affordable.

Reaction Score
Flintdawg8208 ‏@Odharris1 · 15m15 minutes ago
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 the dude of wvu is M.I.A on this news.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 14m14 minutes ago
@Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 He is on a bike ride..checking his sources who just told him B12 comrades have never been closer.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 If OU can't crack UT and get UT to dump Disney/LHN..there is no long term future for OU in B12.

@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 Boren just shot a public bow and arrow at Texas. If UT maintains LHN..B12 has no ability to monetize..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10m10 minutes ago
@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 ..all of their collect media rights to the fullest extent when to comes to $..branding..exposure.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 9m9 minutes ago
@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 OU is laying the groundwork for future exit ramp unless UT changes it ways and we get expanded B12.

@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 A UCF...UCONN...BYU..can add value to Big 12 with B12N..but LHN destroys that ability

@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 Boren didn't around today. Boren stated LHN is a failure..and he is correct. UT needs to change.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
@posas13 @Odharris1 @OmegaSupreme914 My prediction is UT does not change for B12..,and OU bolts in 8-10 yrs unless B12 GOR is all BS as well

Reaction Score
Landthieves
@LandThieves

Oklahoma #Sooners fan message board, not affiliated or endorsed by the U of Oklahoma

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 1h1 hour ago
Im going spend the next hour tweeting lies we've been fed. Grab some popcorn

October 2014 Bowlsby " anybody that would be considered for expansion in our league would have to bring at least pro-rata value."

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 52m52 minutes ago
Landthieves retweeted Tim Montemayor
Even Neinas
Tim Montemayor
‏@TheMontyShow Neinas: "The membership is aware they have a good financial model, going to 12 or 14 means a smaller piece of the pie for everyone"

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 55m55 minutes ago
Dec 19 talking about not splitting the pie past ten ways http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ok-east-not-west-if-league-decides-to-expand/

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 2h2 hours ago
@RedhawkLand @DanWolken 5 years of spiel about it detracted from the tv contract... can't escape that

Landthieves retweeted
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 2h2 hours ago
I can't tell you today whether Big 12 is expanding. But after today and revelation about TV deal, I will never trust what they say.

@ScottyWein The narrative has always been it would be a huge money sacrifice, it wouldn't be, and with added CCG might not exist at all

@DanWolken 5 years of "added value" speeches going in a 3 minute interview after a BOR meeting. incredible

Boren pretty much nuked everyone's notions of the tv deal. Straight up, that info was never coming out.

You telling me today Cinci wouldn't take a partial capped share at 15 mill per year to "prove their worth" for like 5 year?

@ScottyWein The narrative has always been it would be a huge money sacrifice, it wouldn't be, and with added CCG might not exist at all

I honestly feel like we've been lied to for 5 damn years. WTF

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Landthieves
@LandThieves

Oklahoma #Sooners fan message board, not affiliated or endorsed by the U of Oklahoma

Im going spend the next hour tweeting lies we've been fed. Grab some popcorn

October 2014 Bowlsby " anybody that would be considered for expansion in our league would have to bring at least pro-rata value."

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 52m52 minutes ago
Landthieves retweeted Tim Montemayor
Even Neinas
Tim Montemayor
‏@TheMontyShow Neinas: "The membership is aware they have a good financial model, going to 12 or 14 means a smaller piece of the pie for everyone"

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 55m55 minutes ago
Dec 19 talking about not splitting the pie past ten ways http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ok-east-not-west-if-league-decides-to-expand/

@RedhawkLand @DanWolken 5 years of spiel about it detracted from the tv contract... can't escape that

Landthieves retweeted
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 2h2 hours ago
I can't tell you today whether Big 12 is expanding. But after today and revelation about TV deal, I will never trust what they say.

@DanWolken 5 years of "added value" speeches going in a 3 minute interview after a BOR meeting. incredible

Boren pretty much nuked everyone's notions of the tv deal. Straight up, that info was never coming out.

You telling me today Cinci wouldn't take a partial capped share at 15 mill per year to "prove their worth" for like 5 year?

I honestly feel like we've been lied to for 5 damn years. WTF
Time for UConn and Cincy to offer themselves up in a package deal at an attractive discount.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing: if Texas and Oklahoma are going to leave the B12 eventually would everyone else there stick around until they do pack their bags? This to me says that the B12 is going to go by the wayside so you better get your school lined up in another conference ASAP. So Kansas should get a spot in the Big Ten, probably with Oklahoma or Iowa State. Texas might get a similar deal Notre Dame has with the ACC. The others? Good question but I think the prospect of deregulation and conference semifinals may yet give those schools some value. FOX would have to be brought on board as well.

The ACC should look at a Baylor with UConn or TCU. Gets them more exposure in Texas, right into recruiting territory. Oklahoma State has the eleventh highest athletic department right now. They can fit into the SEC. West Virginia would fit naturally there as well. So it comes to whether the Pac wants to take in the rest. I think their position is not as strong as the SEC and Big Ten, plus they need more money now. So if ESPN and FOX give them a ton of money then it might work out for them.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Here's the thing: if Texas and Oklahoma are going to leave the B12 eventually would everyone else there stick around until they do pack their bags? This to me says that the B12 is going to go by the wayside so you better get your school lined up in another conference ASAP. So Kansas should get a spot in the Big Ten, probably with Oklahoma or Iowa State. Texas might get a similar deal Notre Dame has with the ACC. The others? Good question but I think the prospect of deregulation and conference semifinals may yet give those schools some value. FOX would have to be brought on board as well.

The ACC should look at a Baylor with UConn or TCU. Gets them more exposure in Texas, right into recruiting territory. Oklahoma State has the eleventh highest athletic department right now. They can fit into the SEC. West Virginia would fit naturally there as well. So it comes to whether the Pac wants to take in the rest. I think their position is not as strong as the SEC and Big Ten, plus they need more money now. So if ESPN and FOX give them a ton of money then it might work out for them.

I think Oklahoma is bound to Fox (their tier 3 is through Fox). Much like Texas and ESPN, OU has sold their media and would have a hard time getting them back. Kansas is ESPN, for what that's worth.

Reaction Score
There will be some horse trading involved. My guess is FOX will get a good cut of the new Big Ten tier one contract when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
I believe the new number one metric for expansion is tv's and eyeballs, not just football. The UConn DMA is approximately 1.4 million. The OKC dma is 700k with about 1.4 million households in the entire state of Oklahoma. Kansas has a little over 1 million households.

When you take into account our geography, between NYC and Boston, lack of completion from professional sports within our borders and average household income we should under serious consideration for any conference network. We have 4 sports teams that will drive serious live viewership. Who else can say that?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I believe the new number one metric for expansion is tv's and eyeballs, not just football. The UConn DMA is approximately 1.4 million. The OKC dma is 700k with about 1.4 million households in the entire state of Oklahoma. Kansas has a little over 1 million households.

When you take into account our geography, between NYC and Boston, lack of completion from professional sports within our borders and average household income we should under serious consideration for any conference network. We have 4 sports teams that will drive serious live viewership. Who else can say that?
There is a distinct possibility that this works against Connecticut. Yes there are no professional sports competition within CT borders, but the state does not lack for viewing alternatives. Connecticut is the flag on the rope in a virtual game of Tug o' War between New England and the Tri-State Area. There are 13 (?) professional sports teams within a 2.5 hour drive between Boston, New York City, and New Jersey, all competing with for those 1.4 million sets of eyeballs.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17h17 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @DanWolken No way to reconcile what Boren said with what has been said before... repeatedly....

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 9h9 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @ChuckCarltonDMN @DanWolken well the Big12 commish confirmed it as well. Guess you've been wrong this whole time.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 32m32 minutes ago
@ScottPoi plus it looks like Boren's comments where not exactly in full. I suggest you read what he actually said.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 31m31 minutes ago
@JoeMcMurphy “We can be choosy, can be very selective about who we would want to add. It would have to add value to the conference.” -

@JoeMcMurphy Cincy, nor any AAC school, does not add value.

@JoeMcMurphy The key, Boren reiterated, is being judicious about expansion.

@JoeMcMurphy The Big 12 wants an network. I said that first. many people said I was crazy. All of Boren's statements are to that.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 30m30 minutes ago
@Epfourteen @benchillin05 You should read what Boren actually said before jumping to conclusions.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 30m30 minutes ago
If you have been following you know the Big 12 wants a network. You know there are hurdles.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 29m29 minutes ago
The Big 12 will wait and see what happens with FSU and the ACC before acting. They need to resolve the LHN issue.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 29m29 minutes ago
@JoeMcMurphy You had best read what Boren said - in full. He backed up what I have said. Completely.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 16m16 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I did read it and the commish confirmed it. Adding teams does not split TV money pie Into smaller pieces.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @ScottPoi If that's true that actually is worse for Cincy's program. It means the B12 respects the program less than I thought.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 9m9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I could care less about cincy. This is about you saying all of this wasn't happening for four years now.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8m8 minutes ago
@ScottPoi It's not. They said what I've said. If expansion doesn't make money it's not doable. I've never said anything but.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 6m6 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV you have quoted figures before that showed how much a school would have to be worth for the TV contract. That is not true.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
@ScottPoi Yes it is.... do I have to prove it to you. Who do you think told me & everyone else those numbers.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 4m4 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV they can add two schools and TV money stays the same per school. Do you deny that? Yes or no?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
@ScottPoi I was told, and many others were told, that money would not be added to the TV contract for expansion.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV but we now know this to be false. So maybe just maybe your "sources" aren't that reliable.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 50s50 seconds ago
@ScottPoi Everyone from CBS, ESPN, Fox and all local media were told the same thing.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @ScottPoi That's not what the Big 12 has said many times before. Plus they did not say they were expanding. They said what they have

@theDudeofWV I never said they were expanding. But you have said Big12 isn't even really discussing it which is false.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4m4 minutes ago
@ScottPoi You haven't been paying attention. I said they were discussing expansion in context of a network. Nothing else.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV you have said multiple times that everything in Big12 land is fine and that no expansion would occur until TV contracts are up

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
@ScottPoi Yes. That's true. Or they find a way to make a network. Nothing Boren said counteracted that.

@theDudeofWV the commissioner said membership is discussed at EVERY meeting and your ad says presidents look over expansion opportunities.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
@ScottPoi Yes they do... but they are not looking to expand. They want FSU. They do not have an expansion committee.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
@ScottPoi That's not what the Big 12 has said many times before. Plus they did not say they were expanding. They said what they have

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
@ScottPoi Always said....

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
@ScottPoi There is nothing to gain for the Big 12 by expanding now. Boren said. It's true.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV you have said multiple times that everything in Big12 land is fine and that no expansion would occur until TV contracts are up

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @ScottPoi Yes. That's true. Or they find a way to make a network. Nothing Boren said counteracted that.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV you have quoted figures before that showed how much a school would have to be worth for the TV contract. That is not true.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @ScottPoi Yes it is.... do I have to prove it to you. Who do you think told me & everyone else those numbers.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
@ScottPoi Everyone from CBS, ESPN, Fox and all local media were told the same thing.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19m19 minutes ago
@ScottPoi I was told, and many others were told, that money would not be added to the TV contract for expansion.

@ScottPoi But we were told expressly by the Big 12 it would result in a loss of revenue.

@ScottPoi Boren's statements yesterday were in context to a network. A possible network that makes expansion feasible in the future.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
@ScottPoi I do not know how to reconcile what was said yesterday versus what everyone who covers the Big 12 has been told before.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 17m17 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I understand it. It's you who can't admit it. They can go to 12 teams TOMORROW and their TV share per school stays the same

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @ScottPoi Value? and it would reduce revenues even if what Boren said was true.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11m11 minutes ago
@ScottPoi The bottom line is no value = no expansion. No expansion without network. No AAC school adds value.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
@ScottPoi While you completely miss the context of Boren's statements & the fact the basically confirmed what I've said for years.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
@ScottPoi "Adding two more schools makes economic sense if it brings in at least another $50 million per year in revenue."

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4m4 minutes ago
@ScottPoi By the way Bowlsby said yesterday that 40-40% of Big 12 revenue would have to be split 12 ways instead of 10 without an increase.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
There will be some horse trading involved. My guess is FOX will get a good cut of the new Big Ten tier one contract when all is said and done.

Fox already has the tier 3/partial tier 2 Big10 contract. Since they also own Oklahoma's tier 3 media, Oklahoma would have to buy back the rights to go to The ACC, SEC, or PAC. Just like Kansas would have to buy back their rights from ESPN. With all the talk of Texas and the LHN, wouldn't the same be true for the other schools? Obviously, they cost would be much less than the LHN, but the cost is still there.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
If the Dude comes out today and says he was dead wrong about the state of the B12...& OU/UT relationship I won't dig into him anymore.

It will all be water under-the-bridge.
But if the Dude lectures me again about how I got the OU info wrong...or lectures anyone else....

...it will be holy hell coming down on all directions.
You feel me?
David Boren was not having a bad day.
DB had his day..about time

And there it is....no humility from @theDudeofWV
I was the one who explained to him why B12N will not work with LHN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
OU not happy with B12 inability to grow...ESPN & UT makes sure it couldn't grow with the creation of LHN.
Boren Finally makes it all public

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 28m28 minutes ago
Big 12 is not unified and it's currently totally built on a short term basis. LHN is the Widowmaker.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
LHN is stopping the Big 12 from a branding/marketing itself down at the ground level.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
And for those who spout the LHN is only a minor issue for the Big 12...it can be resolved. I disagree respectfully. ESPN got what it wanted

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago
Example: Can you Imagine a Baylor & TCU branded everyday on a 24 hour Big 12 Network?....being carried in Orlando?...CINCY?...Minneapolis?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18m18 minutes ago
All of it is being stopped by ESPN....all of it. Why?
ESPN did not want to lose the great brand of Texas to a FOX conference Network.

Redhawk Land Service ‏@RedhawkLand · 5m5 minutes ago
@flugempire The LHN COULD be folded into a B12N. Would take ESPN, UT, Fox & all the individual schools coming to an agreement. long road.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
@RedhawkLand Who would own it?...or have 50% of it?
ESPN is not going to let FOX have University of Texas. FOX not giving up other 8 schools

@RedhawkLand ESPN has Kansas...but other 8 is FOX affiliated in some capacity. ESPN/ Disney LHN did what they wanted..stopped B12 growth/FOX

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16m16 minutes ago
I tried to explain the falsehood of Big 12 3rd Tier Deals in how they were being explained by some. Outside of OU/UT/KU they don't hold up

Even in the case of OU/KU their 3rd Tier Deal will not keep up in mid-term.Most of these deals and include all-media rights..BTN/SECN do not

So no matter if you are discussing pure $...or exposure...or potential growth...or marketing...or branding...Big 12 needs B12N

What Boren said yesterday did not just occur...this has been boiling over in Norman for months...no...years. But the success of SECN/BTN...

...has created a political environment which has made it internally possible in Norman for Boren to make his statements.

In Conclusion: Big 12 will lose Oklahoma and its great fanbase...it's great brand...it Flagship University in the heart of this Country...

...if Texas doesn't change course and dump the LHN on its rightful ass. It's up to Texas. Oklahoma has spoken.

Oklahoma has suitors..it's not WILL IT..it already has suitors. And NO..Delany and B1G have never PASSED on Oklahoma. Just another falsehood

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
@RedhawkLand Boren is laying down the groundwork for the next OU President to have options yrs from now....
LHN problem not going away

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33s34 seconds ago
@Expansion_Crush None of this is a surprise to Big Ten...this is why they did number crunching on OU/KU even AFTER they signed B12GOR

CL82

Reaction Score

There isn't a UConn DMA, but I know that you are just using that as shorthand. Here are the actual figures.

The Hartford New Haven DMA is 2.5 million. It does not include Fairfield County which is part of the NYC DMA which is just shy of an additional million.

Hartford, CT / New Haven, CT
Demographics:
DMA Rank 30
Population 2,462,244
TV Households 999,990
Cable Penetration 80.4%

The total population of Connecticut is about 3.6 million.

If you are looking to monetize a conference by getting upgraded subscriber fees, UConn is the best target available. Keep in mind that that's the existing paradigm for monetizing a conference. The next wave is going to be advertising dollars. Under this paradigm UConn becomes more attractive as it is consistently one of the wealthiest per capita states.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There isn't a UConn DMA, but I know that you are just using that as shorthand. Here are the actual figures.

The Hartford New Haven DMA is 2.5 million. It does not include Fairfield County which is part of the NYC DMA which is just shy of an additional million.

Hartford, CT / New Haven, CT
Demographics:
DMA Rank 30
Population 2,462,244
TV Households 999,990
Cable Penetration 80.4%

The total population of Connecticut is about 3.6 million.

If you are looking to monetize a conference by getting upgraded subscriber fees, UConn is the best target available. Keep in mind that that's the existing paradigm for monetizing a conference. The next wave is going to be advertising dollars. Under this paradigm UConn becomes more attractive as it is consistently one of the wealthiest per capita states.

DMA is not population . It is tv households. Fairfield county adds another 350-400k. The implied UConn DMA is the state of ct with part of Springfield too. The point I tried to make is we are the same size as OK and larger than Kansas.

CL82

Reaction Score
DMA is not population . It is tv households. Fairfield county adds another 350-400k. The implied UConn DMA is the state of ct with part of Springfield too. The point I tried to make is we are the same size as OK and larger than Kansas.
DMA is a region not a statistic. I think it stands for Designated Marketing Area, or something similar. I believe it was derived from the reach of broadcast television stations back in the day.

Oklahoma population is about the same as Connecticut (3.9M vs 3.6M) but Connecticut is a more attractive demographic (better per capita and houshold income.)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Watching you people play with numbers is like watching a toddler run into traffic.

Forget the population numbers.

Given the Hartford/New Haven market is roughly the 30th biggest DMA in the country and that Fairfield County isn't included at all.

There are one million homes in the Hartford/New Haven DMA. They do not break out the numbers for the Fairfield portion of the NYC DMA, but given the population and the usual number of people per household, figure there are 320,000 additional homes in the state of Connecticut.

Our newly-minted Connecticut DMA would have 1.32M homes.

That would make it the 22nd largest market and it is completely and utterly devoid of a P5 presence.

Reaction Score
DMA is a region not a statistic. I think it stands for Designated Marketing Area, or something similar. I believe it was derived from the reach of broadcast television stations back in the day.

Oklahoma population is about the same as Connecticut (3.9M vs 3.6M) but Connecticut is a more attractive demographic (better per capita and houshold income.)

DMA stands for Designated Market Area. Each DMA is determined by the broadcast reach of the local TV/Radio affiliates. In the days before cable and satellite broadcast waves only went out so far and the regions were determined by where you could recieve them.

That's why the NYC DMA - No. 1 - includes North Jersey/NYC/Long Island/Fairfield County and south NY State.

The measurement is television households, not population. Multiple people per household still means one television household.

DMA's are used by Nielsen to determine their ratings breakdown and, most importantly these days, also helps advertisers quantify how much to charge for ads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom