Non-Key Tweets | Page 247 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I will say that regardless of what may happen, watching the administration and athletic department stay quiet is certainly an interesting change in strategy. Contrast with public posturing from BYU, Cincy and UCF towards the Big 12, you aren't hearing anything out of Herbst, Warde or Diaco.

Maybe they know something or maybe they just learned their lessons about setting expectations after we got screwed during the last round of realignment.

Either way I can't wait until football season starts and we have something to talk about other than this.

Reaction Score
Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 2h2 hours ago
Whats motivation in earing down the Big 12 in articles then saying the complete opposite and tearing into the school/pres trying to fix?

Señor Alejandro ‏@CincyGuy2009 · 2h2 hours ago
@LandThieves welcome to the world of fighting espn. They run the narrative. Signed: Big East

@CincyGuy2009 It's not even ESPN. it's across multiple platforms CBS/ESPN/Fox they all do it

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 · 2h2 hours ago
@CincyGuy2009 @LandThieves So fellas ask yourself besides trafficking social media blog hits, what is the media's undercurrent motive.

@OmegaSupreme914 @CincyGuy2009 keep narrative negative in all aspects to weaken Big 12 brand

@OmegaSupreme914 @CincyGuy2009 Im not saying there isnt negatives but when someone is doing the dirty work to fix (Boren) 1/2

@OmegaSupreme914 @CincyGuy2009 you're just piling on either to be petty or it's work directed.

@OmegaSupreme914 @CincyGuy2009 Same media talking about Boren today have repeatedly wrote about the same things he asked for

I also don't get the media's motives on attacking David Boren. Dude neutered the LHN and has been proven right about Louisville

So why shouldn't he be pushing for the best outcome for Oklahoma? He's the one who stuck his neck out, he's the one who stumped for 'Ville

He's got a near 400 million dollar stadium renovation to fund. So if he hast to push to either get a conference network off the ground 1/2

2/2 or split this league into pieces so be it. Boren isn't stupid.

@joeyhelmer10 exactly. Boren did the pragmatic thing for Oklahoma in the past, his comments now/desires now more of the same

Joey Helmer ‏@joeyhelmer10 · 2h2 hours ago
@LandThieves Only difference is now Louisville/FSU/Clemson aren't there to be had, especially looking at the first. So...

@joeyhelmer10 he's laying the groundwork for an exit and some people aren't happy that he's doing it

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 7h7 hours ago
I have not done a good job at answering questions in the last week on what Ive heard or what my perceptions are at this point for B12..why?

The reason is simple..same Big Ten Man who told me on April 17th (which I tweeted out same night) that OU/KU are now B1G targets #15/16....

...is having dinner with me this Friday night. So at the his point I have nothing worthwhile to say on the issue. I do remember I was take..

...I was taken to the woodshed by some for tweeting out ACC schools were no longer the B1G future target...that OU/KU were now it b/c of...

...the future instability of the B12 vs the ACC which ESPN will protect its investments. I was raked over the coals by the Dude of WV...

...by pointing out how OU was not happy in the Big 12...I was hammered for discussing how/why the B12N was Not going to happen with LHN...

I did not have a clue on April 17th what was going to be told to me...I don't have a clue what Part 2 will turn out to be. Will see soon...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The comment from the dud about checking his notes is a classic. His vacation must be a visit to the sanatorium.

Reaction Score
Other than the fact that CR Rule #1 as it pertains to UConn is blaring in my head, this thread has gotten very entertaining in the last 24 hours.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not a tweet but UConn sent this email out today. There's definitely a subliminal "power 5" message in there. Also note that the subject of the email was "The Drive for 5!"
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do we need an actual non-key tweets thread or can we just link it to the dude's twitter page?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
Thinking about the Big 12 coverup. Dennis Dodd knew. So did @mikecasazza because he told me 3 years ago.

So who was the first person to say the Big 12 would lose $ by expanding? Oliver Luck I believe followed by Bowlsby.

But neither said specifically TV $ was included. Could it be that we all just made an assumption? i know I did.

Because I've poured thru my notes while on vacation and nary a person told me that Big 12 TV $ would not go up.

What they did say was revenues would go down. They did say no one had the value they needed.

And there is one rather detailed explanation by a WVU source about TV appearances and guarantees per school.

How minimum & maximum appearances effect earnings.

So my apologies. I got it wrong. i knew better. I violated my own rule about double & triple checking.

it's especially troubling to me that I had in my notes Dennis Dodd's statement about the B12 getting the same amount of $ for expansion.

No matter who they added.

The troubling thing for me is that @dennisdoddcbs reported that fact in 2012 but a year later he also reported the same about B12 expansion.

So clearly the party line was not to expand. It's the same. I'm told a B12 CCG may add no money to the TV contract at all.

Then again Chuck Neinas was told the same thing by representatives of ESPN/ABC and Fox Sports

ESPN/ABC and Fox Sports indicated that Notre Dame would increase the value of the conference relative to future TV $ http://www.si.com/si-wire/2012/06/29/big-12-commissioner-irish-only-team-add-value

The answer is Yes. OU & WVU have both spoken to the SEC in 2013. They decided the GoR is insurmountable & Texas told the B1G no thanks.

I've told a select few about OU & WVU & the SEC. Didn't see the need to stir up trouble with the GoR & all.

Both OU & WVU were concerned about UT. The neither have those concerns anymore. And the GoR...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
i only mention that about WVU, OU & the SEC now because it's old news but rumors from the lunatic fringe starting to seep out.
Such a liar. He was crowing about how WVU and Missouri were the only teams the SEC considered along with T A&M and the Land Thieves dude shut him down with an ESPN article.

Reaction Score
"The other surprise member of the ACC will be UConn. Why? Because of how tied to The State of Connecticut ESPN is."
This guy just lost all credibility.
I was thinking about the Arizonas. Any chance at all they go Big 12? That would really leave the Pac 12 in the lurch.

Reaction Score
UCONN13KC said:
"The other surprise member of the ACC will be UConn. Why? Because of how tied to The State of Connecticut ESPN is."
I was thinking about the Arizonas. Any chance at all they go Big 12? That would really leave the Pac 12 in the lurch.

He posts over on the cesspool known as csnbbs. He's not to be taken very seriously. The Connecticut ESPN story is one of many he has created to support his narrative. He's the dude without twitter and "sources."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I said long ago that the B12 screwed up. It needed to expand early to the Southwest, back when it had Colorado, it needed to add Utah plus others, whether UNLV, Nevada, Colo State, BYU, New Mexico....and then go after the Arizona schools.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Divisions like this that leave Texas AND Notre Dame out just won't happen. I do like the thought and format, but more tweaking needed. 4 conferences of 5-5team divisions more likely to happen (a big reach anyway) that this current wish list.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Divisions like this that leave Texas AND Notre Dame out just won't happen. I do like the thought and format, but more tweaking needed. 4 conferences of 5-5team divisions more likely to happen (a big reach anyway) that this current wish list.
I meant 4 5 team divs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No matter what is said in the twitter-verse - I think the B12 is not adding schools for the same reasons the BigEast didn't sign that generous ESPN contract before the conference imploded; because certain members - in this case OU and TX, have serious doubts about the long run viability of the conference and do want to chart a course for an exit in due time. Texas to the PAC or B1G and OU to SEC.

pj

Reaction Score
In most scenarios UConn is odd man out, meaning a conference has to go to an odd number of schools to take us, or pair us with a less valuable school. Heinous One's scenario at least avoids the oddness problem. But, it rescues all the B12 schools including Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor while leaving deserving ex-Big East/AAC/G5 schools like Cincy, UCF, and BYU in the lurch.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Although a MAJOR pipe dream...this set up would be awesome.
NorthEast-

BC, Syracuse, Rutgers, Temple, UConn

Pitt, Penn St, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia

Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati

Michigan, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame

SouthEast-

North Carolina, Duke, NC State, ECU, Wake Forest

Florida, USF, UCF, Miami, FSU

Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU

Clemson, South Carolina, G Tech, Georgia, Tennessee

Central-

Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Mizzou

Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, K-State, Nebraska

Arkansas, Memphis, Oklahoma, Ok-State, Houston

Texas, SMU, T A&M, Baylor, TCU

West-

Wash, Wash St, Oregon, Oregon St, Boise St

Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Fresno St

Arizona, Ariz St, Air Force, Texas Tech, San Diego St

Utah, BYU, Colorado, C-State, Utah St

Reactions: pj

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

whatever. b12 won't be adding anything because texas and ou have one foot out the door. the long term prospects of this conference are weak given it operates in just 5 states (granted one state is super huge). over time, i think the conf losses ground on the national stage to the others.

and so, while I think expanding the b12 is the right thing to do, with four more teams to ensure some geographic cohesion (cincy, ucf, mem, byu or usf), it seems the big boys may have a different long term vision.

Reaction Score
Although a MAJOR pipe dream...this set up would be awesome.
NorthEast-

BC, Syracuse, Rutgers, Temple, UConn

Pitt, Penn St, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia

Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati

Michigan, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame

SouthEast-

North Carolina, Duke, NC State, ECU, Wake Forest

Florida, USF, UCF, Miami, FSU

Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU

Clemson, South Carolina, G Tech, Georgia, Tennessee

Central-

Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Mizzou

Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, K-State, Nebraska

Arkansas, Memphis, Oklahoma, Ok-State, Houston

Texas, SMU, T A&M, Baylor, TCU

West-

Wash, Wash St, Oregon, Oregon St, Boise St

Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Fresno St

Arizona, Ariz St, Air Force, Texas Tech, San Diego St

Utah, BYU, Colorado, C-State, Utah St

I am trying to read more and post less here. However, this would not be awesome, or likely even acceptable, to ND.

Why do people keep coming up with scenarios that would link ND to Big Ten schools and try to force the football program into a conference, the last places it wants to be, ever??

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am trying to read more and post less here. However, this would not be awesome, or likely even acceptable, to ND.

Why do people keep coming up with scenarios that would link ND to Big Ten schools and try to force the football program into a conference, the last places it wants to be, ever??
There are rules in fantasy land?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom