Non-Key Tweets | Page 125 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I like this idea with the Navy part on a term that ends when the Notre Dame scheduling ends in 2027. However, it's not apparent that the service academies want to keep up with the new cost of attendance plans of the P5. In that case substitute BYU for football only.

I'm pretty certain that the academies cover the full cost of attendance, including medical and dental. Additionally, the cadets draw a nominal salary.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If you do a search for "basketball league scheduling software" you will find dozens of options with testimonials from parks and rec directors around the country. I am sure Swofford can do those searches too. Point being, he can figure out how to schedule for 15 teams if he wanted to. He is choosing not to.

Reaction Score
Exactly - people who don't think the service academies can keep up don't understand how they even work.
The only disadvantage a service academy has is the 5 year obligation
Reduce it to 2 and the Service Academies become very attractive.
They not only get full scholarships, medical and dental,but start with about $900/ month salary
Deductions for Services like haircuts ,laundry etc, reduce it to about $100 in cash. Which increases annually.
They are also in titled to all miltatary benefits like free transportation .
If that obligation were reduced the athletes would be fighting to get in.

Reaction Score
The only disadvantage a service academy has is the 5 year obligation
Reduce it to 2 and the Service Academies become very attractive.
They not only get full scholarships, medical and dental,but start with about $900/ month salary
Deductions for Services like haircuts ,laundry etc, reduce it to about $100 in cash. Which increases annually.
They are also in titled to all miltatary benefits like free transportation .
If that obligation were reduced the athletes would be fighting to get in.
I doubt it...they actually make kids go to class at the service academies

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 2h 2 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity Bowlsby clearly said any candidate would have to be worth $25 million per year at the least. It's the same message.

@Manny_Insanity The same message Luck gave at spring meetings. The same message that Bowlsby has said over & over again.

@Manny_Insanity Nobody in the B12 wants to expand. Not a single school. Fox & ESPN have advised the B12 not to expand.

@Manny_Insanity The B12 isn't expanding. Not until the TV contract nears it's end.

@Manny_Insanity @m3 or @TuxedoYoda may try & tell you otherwise but they are either lying or just rehashing rumors.

If any 3rd party wants to host a podcast I'll debate both @mh3 & @TuxedoYoda on expansion & hopefully end these bogus rumors.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h 1 hour ago
My only requirement would be that one or both of them (@mh3, @TuxedoYoda) agree to answer questions about their info.

@Manny_Insanity Larry, I just spoke to my primary contact at WVU. I related the rumors put forth about the B12.

@Manny_Insanity We talked about the B12 expanding to add a CCG for the playoffs and a Big 12 network. We talked about all the scenarios.

@Manny_Insanity None of them are true. He says they are either wishful thinking on behalf of schools wanting into the B12 or ...

@Manny_Insanity People wanting traffic to their sights or attention.

@Manny_Insanity He also said that the statements from the Big 12 were intended to quash the rumors.

So my challenge to both @MH3 & @TuxedoYoda is out there. Time for them to explain themselves or shut up. All we need is a host. Anyone?

Also somebody let @MH3 and @TuxedoYoda they have been challenged to put up or shut up.

I expect neither will accept and if they decline that should tell you something.

Reaction Score
LOL at The Dude challenging these two other numbskulls to a debate. It would be the equivalent of Santa Claus challenging The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy to a debate on who is the least fictional of the three. Saying you have sources and actually having them are two different things. Any clown who follows realignment can claim sources inside of any conference who can't be named.

pj

Reaction Score
LOL at The Dude challenging these two other numbskulls to a debate. It would be the equivalent of Santa Claus challenging The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy to a debate on who is the least fictional of the three.

Santa Claus would win that debate hands down. Especially if the elves and reindeer were in the audience.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LOL at The Dude challenging these two other numbskulls to a debate. It would be the equivalent of Santa Claus challenging The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy to a debate on who is the least fictional of the three. Saying you have sources and actually having them are two different things. Any clown who follows realignment can claim sources inside of any conference who can't be named.

I agree with you, but I have to admit that I would tune in to watch those 3 debate before I would watch any political debate. Hopefully, The Dude doesn't perspire on camera. If he does, I'll believe anything Yoda or Ver say.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If you do a search for "basketball league scheduling software" you will find dozens of options with testimonials from parks and rec directors around the country. I am sure Swofford can do those searches too. Point being, he can figure out how to schedule for 15 teams if he wanted to. He is choosing not to.

Exactly. The notion that it'd be too difficult to schedule is beyond asinine.

If espn said take program x, and every school will add an extra two million a year, they'd figure it out pretty dam quickly.

The hard part is finding that team, not the stupid schedule.

Reaction Score
Santa Claus would win that debate hands down. Especially if the elves and reindeer were in the audience.
Nope. The Tooth fairy wins in a landslide. She works 365 days a year and impacts people of all faiths on all continents. Those other two lazy ingrates work 1 friggin day out of 365, and are anti-semitic trolls ignoring jewish kids and kids of any non-Christian faiths around the globe. The fat one is a walking human rights violation with all the child labor practices (ya, elfs my arse, those are children), and spending 364 days a year not working in frigid conditions, I don;t even want to know what he's doing with those reindeer to keep himself warm.....not to mention the working conditions in his Siberian gulag referred to as the North Pole by all the misleading propaganda spewed by the religious right; and the other beast is a friggin' rabbit. Go Tooth Fairy!;)

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
Nope. The Tooth fairy wins in a landslide. She works 365 days a year and impacts people of all faiths on all continents. Those other two lazy ingrates work 1 friggin day out of 365, and are anti-semitic trolls ignoring jewish kids and kids of any non-Christian faiths around the globe. The fat one is a walking human rights violation with all the child labor practices (ya, elfs my arse, those are children), and spending 364 days a year not working in frigid conditions, I don;t even want to know what he's doing with those reindeer to keep himself warm.....not to mention the working conditions in his Siberian gulag referred to as the North Pole by all the misleading propaganda spewed by the religious right; and the other beast is a friggin' rabbit. Go Tooth Fairy!;)

Maybe the Tooth Fairy wins Saudi Arabia, but Santa has 10.3k twitter followers: https://twitter.com/santaclaus whereas Tooth Fairy has 81 really bored followers: https://twitter.com/toothfairy. Maybe Tooth Fairy should work a little less at collecting teeth and a little more at marketing and social media. Santa spends at least 60 days on marketing for every day of regular work. In America it's not enough to do good work, you have to blast the hell out of social media with Non-Key Tweets.

Reaction Score
Santa wins. He's the guy parents use to bribe their kids to be good. You lose a tooth, you get some some coin, no matter what. And that ends fairly early. Santa lasts a good 10-12 years, if not a lifetime. Throw in all the spin-offs like Heat Mizer, Rudolph, UCONN Cornelius, it's not even close.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Tooth Fairy wins Saudi Arabia, but Santa has 10.3k twitter followers: https://twitter.com/santaclaus whereas Tooth Fairy has 81 really bored followers: https://twitter.com/toothfairy. Maybe Tooth Fairy should work a little less at collecting teeth and a little more at marketing and social media. Santa spends at least 60 days on marketing for every day of regular work. In America it's not enough to do good work, you have to blast the hell out of social media with Non-Key Tweets.
You have a point. Social media did go a long way in seating our current President. But...put them on a stage together and see what happens

tooth-fairy-costume-dg4418-698-p.jpg
scary-santa-17297644.jpg

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a repeat, but this Facebook post from Bobby Bowden is interesting for two reasons. First, it shows that the SEC was close to nabbing FSU in 1992, back when Florida and FSU were dominant, and after Miami had just joined the Big East.

Second, and perhaps more interestingly, it proves that Bobby Bowden (who turns 85 this week) is on Facebook...

https://twitter.com/OurTwoBits/status/529025651836473344/photo/1

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You have a point. Social media did go a long way in seating our current President. But...put them on a stage together and see what happens

scary-santa-17297644.jpg

I am a Santa guy all the way, but I'd definitely want to sit on that tooth fairy's lap and tell her what I want for Christmas, or vice versa.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

scary-santa-17297644.jpg
These are for you, McNulty.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
I have yet to hear back from @m3 & @TuxedoYoda.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @MH3 @TuxedoYoda Yoda is insane. And a coward. Zero cred and no real sources. Twitter tough guy.

Wasted Space ‏@_Wasted_Space_ · 1h1 hour ago
@UTDrew6 @theDudeofWV @MH3 @TuxedoYoda Yoda blocked all #UCF people.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@_Wasted_Space_ @UTDrew6 @MH3 @TuxedoYoda Really? Why do people even listen anymore.

Wasted Space ‏@_Wasted_Space_ · 48m48 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @UTDrew6 @MH3 @TuxedoYoda Because he gave us hope. Sad, no?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @_Wasted_Space_ @UTDrew6 There is hope. Just not immediate.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a repeat, but this Facebook post from Bobby Bowden is interesting for two reasons. First, it shows that the SEC was close to nabbing FSU in 1992, back when Florida and FSU were dominant, and after Miami had just joined the Big East.

Second, and perhaps more interestingly, it proves that Bobby Bowden (who turns 85 this week) is on Facebook...

https://twitter.com/OurTwoBits/status/529025651836473344/photo/1

He's right - FSU, with Florida's help, tried to get into the SEC for years.

When the SEC was finally ready to invite them, FSU had an ACC offer and probably more than a little resentment that it took so long.

Fast forward to modern times...FSU wishes they would taken the offer and the SEC is happy they didn't.

Reaction Score
Rutgers embarrassing itself in B1G play is not surprising. What about Maryland and its refusal to shake hands? Was that Edsall's call? Sorry, it had to be his call. I guess that's what one would expect from a guy who runs out the back door.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom