Non-Key Tweets | Page 1029 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
These guys are against it.

So, it's okay for university presidents to publicly express that they don't want to go from the Pac12 into the Big12, but UConn fans cannot express their reluctance about leaving the Big East for the Big12, and then these buffoons say "it's not personal". Yeah, UConn had a bad football record the last decade, but Colorado lost a lot too...oh that's right, let's not mention the bulls*** record the buffaloes laid. "It's not personal", yes you tool, it is personal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These guys are against it.

Yeah, but they're against it borne out of ignorance.

When I hear people say hey I don't want to play UConn baseball, I realize they have no idea that we've been to super regionals two of the last three years. I'd love to be in the room with these guys, not that at the end of that they would suddenly be huge Connecticut to the big 12 advocates, but just to get rid of the BezS stuff that they say and replace it with the actual facts.

Do we think these guys have any idea that we have two BCS conference championships? I doubt it. Do they have any idea what our facilities look like? Probably not. Do they know what the population population of our state is? Do they realize that there are 11 million people within 150 miles of Storrs? I doubt it.

They're just some guys who are only familiar with their conference. I wish the guys who do podcasts on Connecticut would talk about the strengths that we bring and get some of that information out there.

Reaction Score
how does he know the results of polls, who are his sources
lisa kudrow friends GIF

Reaction Score
Yeah, but they're against it borne out of ignorance.

When I hear people say hey I don't want to play UConn baseball, I realize they have no idea that we've been to super regionals two of the last three years. I'd love to be in the room with these guys, not that at the end of that they would suddenly be huge Connecticut to the big 12 advocates, but just to get rid of the BezS stuff that they say and replace it with the actual facts.

Do we think these guys have any idea that we have two BCS conference championships? I doubt it. Do they have any idea what our facilities look like? Probably not. Do they know what the population population of our state is? Do they realize that there are 11 million people within 150 miles of Storrs? I doubt it.

They're just some guys who are only familiar with their conference. I wish the guys who do podcasts on Connecticut would talk about the strengths that we bring and get some of that information out there.
And they aren't looking at the bigger picture. They keep talking about the football season that is starting now. The young one even asked why is it happening now, did UConn initiate it. As if...

The big picture is branding, markets and the next TV contract, but all of that goes over their heads.

Reaction Score
Just spoke to a kid who went to Syracuse. He's convinced they will soon get B10 invite. How naive! His main reason is because they are in New York State and the B10 wants a New York City presence. (that's UConn!) Anyway, best thing for Syracuse if ACC implodes is for UConn to be in B12. The Huskies may want a nearby rival. Otherwise, Syracuse like BC may be in Conference USA.

Reaction Score
Just spoke to a kid who went to Syracuse. He's convinced they will soon get B10 invite. How naive! His main reason is because they are in New York State and the B10 wants a New York City presence. (that's UConn!) Anyway, best thing for Syracuse if ACC implodes is for UConn to be in B12. The Huskies may want a nearby rival. Otherwise, Syracuse like BC may be in Conference USA.
They start getting delusional pretty early in the fruit country.

Reaction Score
I am relying on the small group of people who are in the know: athletic directors, commissioners, presidents and coaches to make the right decisions. People on social media don't matter because most of them have no clue. It's not like the in-crowd mulls this over once a year. They live and breath this stuff everyday. They probably talk to each other weekly and know exactly what the other party wants and needs. At least that is my hope and I am sticking to it.

This is not meant to be a political comment because it doesn't matter whether the folks in charge are blue red or purple. Our Governor Ned Lamont is fully on board with moving to a power conference. He gets it. His quotes:

"Obviously there is an enormous realignment of these leagues and you don't want to be left behind," Lamont said. "I understand where they are coming from there. TV revenues are important as well. I think I'm going to rely upon Dave (Benedict) to do the right thing."

Upgrading and Investing in Football: "Yeah, why not?" he said. "Think of what the energy that would be. Look, we’ve got a great coach there. I expect big things from the team this year and they expect big things from themselves."

That's our Governor speaking. Then you have an ass-clown like Chris Murphy down in DC publicly stating we should stay in the Big East. A complete idiot contradicting our governor. Whether you like him or loathe him, he needs to shut up about things he doesn't understand. Geez UConn has enough of an uphill battle when it comes to CR without these knuckleheads trying to sabotage our plans.

Reaction Score

If there’s one silver lining in the current realignment situation, it’s that fans and analysts are slowly starting to take UConn more seriously. As they dig into the numbers and add perspective, the conversation often starts with laughs about UConn football’s struggles, but then shifts to acknowledging past successes and the up side potential—something that wasn’t as prevalent in previous discussions. These guys are obviously small time/ not major voices, but it’s interesting to hear even Memphis fans discussing UConn and then finishing with speculating on where they think their Memphis program will ends up.

Reaction Score
So, it's okay for university presidents to publicly express that they don't want to go from the Pac12 into the Big12, but UConn fans cannot express their reluctance about leaving the Big East for the Big12, and then these buffoons say "it's not personal". Yeah, UConn had a bad football record the last decade, but Colorado lost a lot too...oh that's right, let's not mention the bulls*** record the buffaloes laid. "It's not personal", yes you tool, it is personal.

Colorado and ASU and ......

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Yormark speaking of UConn is what we heard yesterday.

Guy talking about our football as if UConn would be the Vandy or one of the four bottom teams in the BIG. Come on, when UConn was in the Big East, which had some pretty solid football programs, the team wasn't a basement dweller and had some standout seasons. In the old Big East, UConn was averaging 6.9 wins per season. That was years ago with less resources. Now with better facilities and modern coaching, I don't doubt that UConn would hold the line in the Big12.

Reaction Score
Guy talking about our football as if UConn would be the Vandy or one of the four bottom teams in the BIG. Come on, when UConn was in the Big East, which had some pretty solid football programs, the team wasn't a basement dweller and had some standout seasons. In the old Big East, UConn was averaging 6.9 wins per season. That was years ago with less resources. Now with better facilities and modern coaching, I don't doubt that UConn would hold the line in the Big12.
People seem to so easily forget they were 6-6 just two years ago too.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Yormark speaking of UConn is what we heard yesterday.

Colorado time in the Pac 12 was sooooo good the Big 12 fans jumped for joy when they added them back!

The only good program they got was Utah, the two Arizona schools have been at best a mixed bag Colorado was atrocious, and might I remind them most of their programs were terrible for decades the Big 12 schools aren't these historic powers they closer align with UConn than they ever did (or will) with an Oklahoma or Texas, these are a bunch of middle of the pack to sometimes pretty good programs, with most having a good bit of success in basketball if not alot.

Reaction Score
Colorado time in the Pac 12 was sooooo good the Big 12 fans jumped for joy when they added them back!

The only good program they got was Utah, the two Arizona schools have been at best a mixed bag Colorado was atrocious, and might I remind them most of their programs were terrible for decades the Big 12 schools aren't these historic powers they closer align with UConn than they ever did (or will) with an Oklahoma or Texas, these are a bunch of middle of the pack to sometimes pretty good programs, with most having a good bit of success in basketball if not alot.
Don’t let facts confuse people’s narratives.

The way people talk, we will be facing a murderers row of peak Bama, Ohio State, GA, Michigan, Switzer OK, Pony Expess SMU week after week, not Baylor who we beat twice with RGIII, KState w/o Snyder, Colorado, Iowa St

Reaction Score
Thing is I totally get it. Season is kicking off and a lot of the news is around realignment for a school that, even if they aren’t fully anti, they mostly just don’t care about.

I have full confidence UConn football could be respectable in the Big 12 but the average fan and talking head really couldn’t care less about how many wins we had 15 years ago or that we made the Toilet Bowl (and lost) after a recent 6-6 season.

Reaction Score
how many wins we had 15 years ago or that we made the Toilet Bowl (and lost) after a recent 6-6 season.
It doesn't matter that they don't care but don't go around spouting BS just the same, such as "uconn fball had always sucked" (not true) or "hasn't been good in years" (nope, 6-6 before getting into the bowl two years ago) otherwise feel free not to care.

Reaction Score
Thing is I totally get it. Season is kicking off and a lot of the news is around realignment for a school that, even if they aren’t fully anti, they mostly just don’t care about.

I have full confidence UConn football could be respectable in the Big 12 but the average fan and talking head really couldn’t care less about how many wins we had 15 years ago or that we made the Toilet Bowl (and lost) after a recent 6-6 season.

With friends like you, who needs enemies.

We literally kneecapped the football program to get basketball right in a more suitable conference than the AAC. And to keep Wbb on SNY.

Now we are trying to rebuild, painstakingly,
with mixed results.

We shouldn’t have to explain this to UConn fans but here we are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom