OT: - Non Husky Topic. If you think Michael Jordan was the GOAT..... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Non Husky Topic. If you think Michael Jordan was the GOAT.....

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Curry has been the best player in the LeBron era
Frustrated Come On GIF

Reaction Score
Can’t listen right now, what’s he say? Only ever heard him call Jordan “god”, never heard him say who he thought was greatest

Basically he says he doesn't care about those debates. Reggie Miller is asking him who he thinks the GOAT of the NBA is.

He says he was only concerned about his game and that when he played, nobody was better than him on the floor. He didn't claim to be the GOAT.

He also said the NBA has several eras that were all different.

I'll stick with my take. Jordan can be lumped in with Kareem, Akeem, Bird, Magic and a few others, but he doesn't separate himself from those mentioned.

Great player, but in no way better than those mentioned.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'll stick with my take. Jordan can be lumped in with Kareem, Akeem, Bird, Magic and a few others, but he doesn't separate himself from those mentioned.
Is there a reason you keep using a name the man himself stopped using several decades ago?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is funny. And simply incorrect. Tatum’s dunk on LeBron in the ECF way back was pretty much his career highlight before this title.

For Tatum maybe. Starks dunk yeets every Knicks fan over 40.

Reaction Score
Is there a reason you keep using a name the man himself stopped using several decades ago?

What kind of BS question is that?

I'm supposed to keep up with what people are calling themselves these days and you're responsible for letting people know?

Get out of here with that crap.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

"Michael is the greatest that's ever played." -- Magic Johnson

Also, Bird's on record numerous times saying Jordan was on a different level than him and Magic. He said this when MJ was 21: "He’s the best. Even at this stage in his career, he’s doing more than I ever did."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Michael is the greatest that's ever played." -- Magic Johnson

Also, Bird's on record numerous times saying Jordan was on a different level than him and Magic. He said this when MJ was 21: "He’s the best. Even at this stage in his career, he’s doing more than I ever did."

Yeah but what about Akeem?

Reaction Score
Basically he says he doesn't care about those debates. Reggie Miller is asking him who he thinks the GOAT of the NBA is.

He says he was only concerned about his game and that when he played, nobody was better than him on the floor. He didn't claim to be the GOAT.

He also said the NBA has several eras that were all different.

Great player, but in no way better than those mentioned.
I agree with the era folks. It’s impossible to compare players from different eras. Especially the pre-3 point era. And the current NBA where the 3 is the basis of the game unlike when Jordan played. But if you look at a guy like Russell, 11 NBA titles along with 2 NCAA championships, 2 as player-coach. Basically recreated the center position. Or Jerry West. It was a different game but he played it incredibly well.

Reaction Score
Of Jordan wanted to beat you and send a message while doing it, he could almost at will. None of the other pretenders could do that, not LeBron, not Kobe, not even Wilt or Kareem against their main competition (mostly Boston).

MJ could and did, consistently. That's why he's the GOAT analytics and cherry picked stats be damned.
Bird would tell the opponent play and still execute it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Jordan was in baseball shape when he lost to Orlando. In his winning prime, he never really lost.

And yes, Jordan didn't win his first 7 years or so in the NBA. Tho you can make the argument he was a better player in his early years than his winning prime. But people only count rings these days, despite it being a team effort to get rings.

Did Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum suddenly get better? I'm sure they did. But you add all star Jrue, all star Porzingis, and you get rings.

And I am a Knicks fan so I always root for MJ to lose.
When exactly did his winning prime begin?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom