OT: - Non Husky Topic. If you think Michael Jordan was the GOAT..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Non Husky Topic. If you think Michael Jordan was the GOAT.....

Reaction Score
The traveling epidemic in the NBA was largely influenced by NBA refs who refused to call Jordan for traveling. Once they started to let Jordan take 4 or 5 steps the genie was out of the bottle. The refs missed the call in the pre-Jordan era. But they incorporated it into the game to accommodate MJ.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Of Jordan wanted to beat you and send a message while doing it, he could almost at will. None of the other pretenders could do that, not LeBron, not Kobe, not even Wilt or Kareem against their main competition (mostly Boston).

MJ could and did, consistently. That's why he's the GOAT analytics and cherry picked stats be damned.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Weird how all this 90’s suck and Jordan revisionist history starts when LeBron is about to retire. Lebron has been revising his own history on his podcast lol

Reaction Score
There’s no thinking MJ is the GOAT he is. I’m a Knicks fan I hated him and still do just like fans of other teams hate UConn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There’s no thinking MJ is the GOAT he is. I’m a Knicks fan I hated him and still do just like fans of other teams hate UConn.

And more evidence, one of the greatest moments in the last 50 years of Knicks history is John Starks, a journeyman guard at best dunking on MJ. Not a title, not series win, not even a win, but 2 points on the greatest player still living.

Somebody dunks on LeBron, who had serious MJ envy issues his entire life, and no one really cares that much because Bron is at most weeks away from some petty PR stumble.

Reaction Score
And more evidence, one of the greatest moments in the last 50 years of Knicks history is John Starks, a journeyman guard at best dunking on MJ. Not a title, not series win, not even a win, but 2 points on the greatest player still living.

Somebody dunks on LeBron, who had serious MJ envy issues his entire life, and no one really cares that much because Bron is at most weeks away from some petty PR stumble.
This is funny. And simply incorrect. Tatum’s dunk on LeBron in the ECF way back was pretty much his career highlight before this title.

Reaction Score
tom haberstroh is a LOSER. wish i hadnt been reminded he existed but glad he's been demoted to yahoo, which i also didnt know still existed.

Reaction Score
The traveling epidemic in the NBA was largely influenced by NBA refs who refused to call Jordan for traveling. Once they started to let Jordan take 4 or 5 steps the genie was out of the bottle. The refs missed the call in the pre-Jordan era. But they incorporated it into the game to accommodate MJ.
what on earth is compelling you to do this?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Of Jordan wanted to beat you and send a message while doing it, he could almost at will. None of the other pretenders could do that, not LeBron, not Kobe, not even Wilt or Kareem against their main competition (mostly Boston).

MJ could and did, consistently. That's why he's the GOAT analytics and cherry picked stats be damned.
2012-2018 Lebron was the same way. The way he played with the East, especially in those Cleveland years, were insane.

Lebronto was an all-time funny series.

Reaction Score
I grew up watching Bird, Magic, Kareem and Dr J.

Jordan was just one of the many greats.

I know it seems like I'm a hater and I don't care.

If you call Jordan the goat, where does that leave Bird and Magic, Akeem. I mean these guys are legends.

They literally changed the game to accommodate him. The Jordan rules.

Jordan was special. He was incredibly amazing, but the in the NBA, there is no goat.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
RIP Kobe and I loved him as a player, but his death really clouded y’all’s minds about how good he actually was.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think Kobe's sniffing the top-10.

Wasn't even the best player on his own team when he played with Shaq. 44.7% career shooter, 32.9% from 3.

As for the point of this post, it seems pretty clear that the Bulls scorekeeper went nuts that one season. But it also seems that the other top defensive players also benefited from home cooking. So I think it's fair to disregard Jordan's steal & block numbers but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve DPOY. His main competition, Cooper, was injured.

Reaction Score
I grew up watching Bird, Magic, Kareem and Dr J.

Jordan was just one of the many greats.

I know it seems like I'm a hater and I don't care.

If you call Jordan the goat, where does that leave Bird and Magic, Akeem. I mean these guys are legends.

They literally changed the game to accommodate him. The Jordan rules.

Jordan was special. He was incredibly amazing, but the in the NBA, there is no goat.
Magic and Bird were amazing. Hakeem and Dr J were spectacular, but a notch below those guys. Jordan was clearly a notch or two above all of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom