No XRM Visit = No Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The XRM ship has sailed.

Reaction Score
Says the guy who posted information two days late. Take advantage of that internet access you got and read some of the quotes from XRM himself. Not happening.

Fair enough....I will try and sift through this darn series of tubes and try to intercept XRM's personal electronic mails. All I'm getting is this dang dial-up signal. I see jokes are not your forte and neither is humility. I have read the interviews, and what I see is not the end of the world....not having him on campus for a visit is not the end all be all. XRM knows what he has here even without a glance of Storrs. The relationship has already been formed with each of the coaches in his Top 3, I think FSU had the edge there. Family is very important to him too and FSU has the edge on that front. What keeps UConn in the game is success and a coach with a passion for teaching, but it is tough to know how much that really will play into his decision on Oct. 13. You are entitled to your opinion and I appreciate your perspective. I won't lose sleep over whatever this kid does. Frankly, I wish other kids were as mature and grateful as him with the process.

Blind, dumb, deaf Neanderthal out!

Reaction Score
This thread's intent was not to flame a 17 y.o. or condemn a new staff's efforts. It is just reality of the situation. I agree w/. BarkingDog. Wish XRM the best and can't blame a kid for going to parent's alma mater, nor perhaps not wantng to go through the charade of wasting the time of someone he respects. If anything this will fire KO up more to lock down the next one.

Reaction Score
He's kidding, probably referring to how so many people freak out over every little recruiting update and think the sky is falling.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's not deciding until the 13th of October. There is still time.

Maybe the recruitment of Jabari was a turnoff to XRM?

Reaction Score
xrm, dude, come visit, then commit. as a result youll be in nba or spain. go to fsu or illinois and youll be in turkey or korea. ive been to all these places. you want nba or spain

Reaction Score
It's not like he hasn't been to the campus before. He visited last yr for First night. He knows what the campus looks like.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of babies on this board. Can't we at least wait for the kid to commit to another school before we start crying about how the program is finished?

Reaction Score
Fishy's is the word of the Lord.......as 99 said, NEXT...........

It's okay.......not getting XRM doesn't mean we need to get Jabari either......lots of good players to win basketball games with out there!!:)

And Parker is interested in "Stamford" so maybe Dom has the whole article mixed up anyway!!

Reaction Score
He's not coming................so what? Neither did Bynum and many others (some even better). We still won Championships and BE Titles. Our program is bigger than one HS player. A little failure will embolden the coaching staff. Sometimes to get things too easy and too soon can cause complacency. This could be a good thing for our future, especially for Coach who surely doesn't like the word 'defeated' or the taste of disappointment.

That's my positive spin.

Reaction Score
The good news from Borges is Ricky Moore possibly joining the coaching staff. XRM's fuzzy response is a negative for us and there is no other way to spin it. Strange things sometimes happen and we could still land him but I wouldn't bet on it. My money would be on XRM having made a decision that is not Uconn.

Reaction Score
The reactions here are amusing.

I would guess some of you have grown quite sensitive to rejection at this point of your lives by some of these comments.

Don't worry, Boneyarders. It is the Zen of Jim Calhoun, the "measurable psychic energy," to use the man's own words, that will see us through.

We may never get to cheer for one Xavier Rathan-Mayes of Ontario, Canada. Then again, we may. When Jim Calhoun struck out with Phil Dixon before the 89'-90' season, it opened up a spot for one Nadav Henefeld.

The ride is not over.

Actually JC did not "strike out" on Dixon did he? Our 1st big recruit from north of the border actually was doing his summer academic duties and cut his hand open breaking a window as well as being targeted for some kind of assault on a Husky coed I believe.....correct if I'm wrong but he only went to Utah because he got in trouble on campus!!!

Reaction Score
He's not deciding until the 13th of October. There is still time.

Don't confuse "announcement date" with "decision date." These kids schedule an announcement date so they can have a big press conference that everyone attends. But that doesn't mean that they actually make their decision on that day. Most of the time, once a kid sets an announcement date it means he has made up his mind already.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Somebody said it over on UConnBall.com, but he and Ollie probably have talked and UConn is out of the hunt. Therefore, XRM doesn't want to use one of our 5 official visits when he knows he's gonna be a Nole or Illini.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Actually JC did not "strike out" on Dixon did he? Our 1st big recruit from north of the border actually was doing his summer academic duties and cut his hand open breaking a window as well as being targeted for some kind of assault on a Husky coed I believe.....correct if I'm wrong but he only went to Utah because he got in trouble on campus!!!
Technically, you're right of course. But the point was that the hopes were on Dixon, and Henefeld was an afterthought.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Technically, you're right of course. But the point was that the hopes were on Dixon, and Henefeld was an afterthought.

The same can be said on missing out on Channing Frye and ending up landing Emeka to fill our void at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom