No XRM Visit = No Good | The Boneyard

No XRM Visit = No Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone that tries to spin this any other way is seriously kidding themselves.

Reaction Score
He's not coming. This worries me probably more than it should, but I have a feeling its gonna be a rough couple years.

Reaction Score
Asking to postpone is one thing but his seeming ambivalence about getting the visit rescheduled is a pretty big concern. Maybe some things are being taken out of context but the apparently sudden tectonic shift in his interest comes as surprise. There seemed to be a lot of positive vibes on this one. So who's going out there to see what he's doing this weekend that is so important.

Reaction Score
XRM could melt in the rain if left exposed?

On a serious note.... Tomorrow, for all we know, he could come out and say that he is waiting to announce another week. I don't know why everyone acts like chicken little. The only sky that is falling this weekend is in meteorological terms. Yes, it is discouraging, but XRM after all I have heard and read about him, is a young man who does things for a purpose and I am certain that he respects Ollie enough to tell him what is preventing him from attending. Contrary to how people tell me how I should think, I will reserve judgment until I hear from XRM himself.

Reaction Score
what.happened.to.xrm.

I'm not worried at all. I firmly believe KO and Hobbs will be a recruiting juggernaut. I have also learned that every time something like this happens, we land a player that turns out to be as good or better than the one we lost.

That said, I do think XRM looks nasty in the vids I've seen and I hope we still have a shot.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried at all. I firmly believe KO and Hobbs will be a recruiting juggernaut. I have also learned that every time something like this happens, we land a player that turns out to be as good or better than the one we lost.

That said, I do think XRM looks nasty in the vids I've seen and I hope we still have a shot.

That was my initial reaction now that ive read the articles and stuff i dont think anyone has an actual grasp of why xrm actually didnt come. Im staying positive till i have any reason to believe otherwise

Reaction Score
Contrary to how people tell me how I should think, I will reserve judgment until I hear from XRM himself.

Says the guy who posted information two days late. Take advantage of that internet access you got and read some of the quotes from XRM himself. Not happening.

Reaction Score
Says the guy who posted information two days late. Take advantage of that internet access you got and read some of the quotes from XRM himself. Not happening.

Watch what they do, not what they say.

Reaction Score
Nothing like grown men obsessing over the whims of a 17 year old male.

This is why I don't glue myself to recruiting, it's an exercise in futility.

Reaction Score
Calm down people, XRM at 17 seems more levelheaded than a lot of the posters here.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
havent we had kids commit that have never visited our state? let alone our campus?

Reaction Score
Not obsessing, nor standing on a cliff. I would rather think of it as being realistic. Call it an exercise in management of expectations. No doom and gloom for eternity, but XRM not happening.

Reaction Score
You are talking out of your ass, you have no clue whether XRM is coming here or not.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is part of college basketball. deal with it. dont like it dont read and dont post. end. of. story

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The reactions here are amusing.

I would guess some of you have grown quite sensitive to rejection at this point of your lives by some of these comments.

Don't worry, Boneyarders. It is the Zen of Jim Calhoun, the "measurable psychic energy," to use the man's own words, that will see us through.

We may never get to cheer for one Xavier Rathan-Mayes of Ontario, Canada. Then again, we may. When Jim Calhoun struck out with Phil Dixon before the 89'-90' season, it opened up a spot for one Nadav Henefeld.

The ride is not over.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is part of college basketball. deal with it. dont like it dont read and dont post. end. of. story

Reaction Score
I just want to tell a quick story about recruiting. Some of you may even be familiar with this one. I remember we were coming off that disappointing 09-10 season and losing Dyson, Sticks, and Edwards. Everyone was holding out for either Knight, Selby, D Lamb, Joseph, and Leslie. We didnt land any of them. Instead we picked up Shabazz and two German kids with J Lamb and Roscoe already on board. Those guys werent good enough, Calhoun couldnt recruit anymore and UConn was all done. When the dust settled, UConn won the National Championship that upcoming season. I will never get caught up in recruiting ever again.

Reaction Score
And on the other hand, the last 3 years UK has had the #1 recruiting class and have 3 E8's, 2 FF's, and a NC to show for it. At some point recruiting matters, if not in terms of the results on the court then at least in terms of the perception of the program in these highly uncertain times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom