NIL + transfer portal impact on CBB | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NIL + transfer portal impact on CBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The highest paid public employee of every state is a coach. I think you all underestimate how much money is in college athletics, severely.
no one is underestimating. it sounds like you are saying the coaches and ADs should be paying the players out of their own pockets when the real money comes from the boosters.

Reaction Score

-> LEAD1 Association (“LEAD1”), which represents the athletics directors of the 130-member schools of the Football Bowl Subdivision (“FBS”), today announced the results of its FBS athletic directors survey which revealed 90% of polled ADs are concerned that collectives are using name, image, and likeness (NIL) payments as an improper recruiting tool.

The survey, which contained feedback from approximately 80 FBS athletic directors around the nation, also revealed strong support for more structure for the transfer portal (87%), reducing the number of NCAA Division I schools (67%), and distributing NCAA revenue units to schools based on NCAA women’s basketball tournament performance (61%). Additionally, 58% disagree with a model which would provide individual conferences to have full autonomy on key issues such as NIL, prospective student-athlete compensation, and scholarship regulations. <-

Reaction Score
Additionally, 58% disagree with a model which would provide individual conferences to have full autonomy on key issues such as NIL, prospective student-athlete compensation, and scholarship regulations.
I think we can all guess what conferences most of the 42% who don't disagree are in. I'll start:

SEC, B1G, PAC-12......

Reaction Score

Contracts between the University and the Athletes are inevitable. It's the only mechanism our society has to manage this environment. I refuse to have much sympathy for the Universities, but they are in a tough spot. Their only recourse is to break some rules.

Reaction Score
no one is underestimating. it sounds like you are saying the coaches and ADs should be paying the players out of their own pockets when the real money comes from the boosters.
However you spin it, college football and basketball are each worth billions of dollars a year. I find it laughable when people act like it's a losing proposition. Just a quick reminder for the coaches you pity. At $2 million dollars a year to coach basketball. That coach is making $1000 an HOUR (per a 40 hour work week) to coach a 4 month sport with strict practice and recruiting limits.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
However you spin it, college football and basketball are each worth billions of dollars a year. I find it laughable when people act like it's a losing proposition. Just a quick reminder for the coaches you pity. At $2 million dollars a year to coach basketball. That coach is making $1000 an HOUR (per a 40 hour work week) to coach a 4 month sport with strict practice and recruiting limits.
It’s not a 4 month sport whatsoever.

Reaction Score
The highest paid public employee of every state is a coach. I think you all underestimate how much money is in college athletics, severely.
What does that have to do with the NCAA not having the money to pay everyone?

Reaction Score
Two comments:

1. I'm 100% fine with all of this.
2. If I were a high profile college athlete I'd transfer every year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
A couple questions. Can the school or an affiliate of the school pay players directly for doing commercials, events, etc? Is the stipend still 4K per semeste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom