2025 Recruiting: Niko Bundalo Update

Reaction Score

download.jpg

Reaction Score
Reibe drops his top 5 an hour later. Just like at guard, the race is on now

Reactions: awy
Reaction Score
To me the either or is only if we can't stretch our nil for both
Agreed. They should be able to compliment each other’s skills and would be able to play together. The rumblings around the time of Adams’ commitment about the staff wanting another guard and one big might have spurred them into a greater sense of urgency.

Reaction Score
Reibe drops his top 5 an hour later. Just like at guard, the race is on now
I don't see any overlap with Bundalo and Reibe. Reibe is a 5 and Bundalo is a 4. There is plenty of time for both of them with Karaban and Samson leaving. Same with Adams and Mullins. Adams is a 2 who can play 1 and Hurley will look to mold him into Tristen. Mullins is a 2 and probably the best shooter in the class, he can play the 3 if we go smaller and want shooting everywhere.

Reaction Score
Something like half of the top 100 guys haven’t committed yet. This new era of recruiting is not for the faint of heart. Things are less predictable than ever, but people still have to write their little articles.

Reaction Score
I don't see any overlap with Bundalo and Reibe. Reibe is a 5 and Bundalo is a 4. There is plenty of time for both of them with Karaban and Samson leaving. Same with Adams and Mullins. Adams is a 2 who can play 1 and Hurley will look to mold him into Tristen. Mullins is a 2 and probably the best shooter in the class, he can play the 3 if we go smaller and want shooting everywhere.
I agree, there's not overlap in their skillsets. But there are a finite number of minutes and rotation spots available, that's the only reason I don't think it's a slam dunk that both would commit here

Reaction Score
To me the either or is only if we can't stretch our nil for both
Wouldn't we just have to give the NIL to a transfer in the spring anyway? Those establisbed guys that are UConn level are not cheap either.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't we just have to give the NIL to a transfer in the spring anyway? Those establisbed guys that are UConn level are not cheap either.
Consider the possibility we have recently offered Diakite because we might have to overspend for a Mullins added to the promises to a Bundalo or Reibe and only have marginal top 100 going money left to allocate. Mullins has been offered $1.5 million according to Indiana sources and that is reportedly almost twice what we have offered. $750k here there and everywhere tends to add up.

awy

Reaction Score
well winning as part of a historic dynasty will certainly increase a player's profile and NIL value. they seem to be more of a grounded program when it comes to promising NIL though so this kind of upside promise may not be the main idea, but it's still true.

Reaction Score
Consider the possibility we have recently offered Diakite because we might have to overspend for a Mullins added to the promises to a Bundalo or Reibe and only have marginal top 100 going money left to allocate. Mullins has been offered $1.5 million according to Indiana sources and that is reportedly almost twice what we have offered. $750k here there and everywhere tends to add up.
Then if Stewart goes pro we have Abraham and Diakite(who does not have 4 man skills for our system and is unplayable as a developmental freshman) as our 4 man options. We will need to spend for a transfer in the spring anyway. Maybe we need time to raise money and replenish but again, established transfers that are UConn level may be as expensive as highly rated freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom