Nika’s Farewell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika’s Farewell

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno once suggested that his biggest regret would be not helping one of his players reach their potential. He will never need to concern himself with that issue when it comes to Nika. Has there ever been another Husky that’s developed more in their 4 years at UConn as a player, leader and person than Nika Muhl?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Somebody grab the tissues.

Suddenly it must have gotten very dusty in the room I was watching this video... because some must've gotten in my eyes.... and... ah.. never mind...

Sad Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

Reaction Score
Article by Mike Anthony that includes OP's video and partial transcript. Here's a a couple quotes that say it all about Nika's and Geno's mutual feelings about each other:

“I just thank you,” Mühl said. “Like, you changed my life. Your impact, I don’t think you're aware of it. To an extent you are, but you’ve impacted so many people around me, including me. … There's never been a single person like you and there never will be in the world. And I hope you know how unique you are and how special you …”
Auriemma cut her off.
“Are you describing yourself?” he said. “Are you talking about you right now?”

https://newstimes.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/nika-muhl-geno-auriemma-wnba-seattle-storm-19421078.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email

Reaction Score
This is beautiful; I’m touched by it and grateful to see it. It seems too personal to have been shared with the world, though. I sure they both agreed to it, but it’s still very intimate to just put out there.
Kind of something we've seen in both of their personalities though - the willingness to be very open, no qualifications or filters, just freely expressing what they feel (Geno can often be a bit more guarded/allusive and a lot more snarky though! Nika, it seems, has always just been very open).

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
This is beautiful; I’m touched by it and grateful to see it. It seems too personal to have been shared with the world, though. I sure they both agreed to it, but it’s still very intimate to just put out there.
why, please? why is that somehow a negative?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno has never been afraid to share his feelings.

Reaction Score
Over the last couple weeks our Nika has blown up from a Husky favorite to just about everybody's. She was trending big time during and after the Iowa game and then again at the draft. I'm not big into social media but I do follow her on IG and the likes on her posts which were in the hundreds or thousands are now in the tens of thousands and many over 100,000. I just noticed that her farewell to Geno has gone way beyond the local area and has already been picked up by espn.com, si.com, usatoday.com and msn.com and a bunch of niche sites.

Can you imagine the possible impact her farewell video could have on recruiting. I mean seriously what parent or player wouldn't want to put their college careers in the hands of Geno after watching that and having recently gotten to know about Nika's full journey to date?

I can't imagine the unbelievable amount of emotion and pressure Nika must be feeling about making the Storm roster. Moving on from college into the world was a big step for all of us but we didn't suddenly have a multitude of eyeballs on us as we did. I agree with Geno, she's got this. She just has to do Nika and attack it like she always has - I just hope all this attention doesn't get to her. One thing is for sure Nika is a truly special player and person and now just about everybody knows it!

Reaction Score
I am not one to watch "reality tv" because it is mostly scripted by producers...and features a bunch of people that I don't really care about. This is real and it is so heartfelt and emotional with two people we all really care about. I don't think reality tv can bring people to tears like this video did. I well up just thinking about it.

Reaction Score
Remember when Geno said a few years ago that his players don't need a 60 year old friend? He was wrong! LOL

I believe Geno and Nika had a very special relationship and they always will. To be honest, something tells me we have not seen the last of Nika in Storrs. The future will tell........

Reaction Score
What a tribute to Geno and the UConn program. I've always respected Geno as a coach but I'm not what you would call a fan of his (though I was always a fan of the players). I'm warming up to him though and might be a fan of his soon enough.

Reaction Score
Over the last couple weeks our Nika has blown up from a Husky favorite to just about everybody's. She was trending big time during and after the Iowa game and then again at the draft. I'm not big into social media but I do follow her on IG and the likes on her posts which were in the hundreds or thousands are now in the tens of thousands and many over 100,000. I just noticed that her farewell to Geno has gone way beyond the local area and has already been picked up by espn.com, si.com, usatoday.com and msn.com and a bunch of niche sites.

Can you imagine the possible impact her farewell video could have on recruiting. I mean seriously what parent or player wouldn't want to put their college careers in the hands of Geno after watching that and having recently gotten to know about Nika's full journey to date?

I can't imagine the unbelievable amount of emotion and pressure Nika must be feeling about making the Storm roster. Moving on from college into the world was a big step for all of us but we didn't suddenly have a multitude of eyeballs on us as we did. I agree with Geno, she's got this. She just has to do Nika and attack it like she always has - I just hope all this attention doesn't get to her. One thing is for sure Nika is a truly special player and person and now just about everybody knows it!
One person who knows how special Nika is recently became a co-owner of the Storm. Said owner and former not-too-shabby player observed after the draft that the City of Seattle will love Nika. True that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom