Nice showing at the parade | The Boneyard

Nice showing at the parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good coverage on tv. Saw Danny with his basketballs.Also saw someone with a hardhat with the players names.. must have been a boneyarder ....had Mojet on it....:) But one question...what was the belt a mens player was holding?

Oh... And did the Governor even hear of Geno before? He really messed up his name...:rolleyes:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Man it was PACKED. Got there at 3:20 at our usual spot and couldn't get to the front. Wow. Most I've ever seen and we went in 2004 and every other year too. Weather was perfect. Glad Stef saw my sign.

Reaction Score
Most video was good, but the cameras on the players buses were very poor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Out of broadcast range it was nice to get the ESPN3 feed for the speeches and they did a nice job. Hoping for a bit of the parade route video getting onto the internet.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Listen to the chatter between Geno and his players at the beginning of the video at Nan's link. Can anyone make out who they are talking about. It sounds like Sadie Edwards, but not sure. Some really inside stuff... Don't think they knew they were live....

Reaction Score
Listen to the chatter between Geno and his players at the beginning of the video at Nan's link. Can anyone make out who they are talking about. It sounds like Sadie Edwards, but not sure. Some really inside stuff... Don't think they knew they were live....

Yes, it was.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Good coverage on tv. Saw Danny with his basketballs.Also saw someone with a hardhat with the players names.. must have been a boneyarder ....had Mojet on it....:) But one question...what was the belt a mens player was holding?

Oh... And did the Governor even hear of Geno before? He really messed up his name...:rolleyes:
Was right near front- re the Governor, forget the politics- he shows up in New Orleans last year on stage for the photo op. He begins the speech, and he can't even prepare enough to come even close to pronouncing Geno's last name! Are you kidding me. It was so disrespectful to Geno, wreaks of phony, and I'm actually embarrassed. Geno didn't make any funnies about it, and didn't even look at the Governor when he sat back down next to him, that I saw anyway. I thought it was disgraceful really.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Was right near front- re the Governor, forget the politics- he shows up in New Orleans last year on stage for the photo op. He begins the speech, and he can't even prepare enough to come even close to pronouncing Geno's last name! Are you kidding me. It was so disrespectful to Geno, wreaks of phony, and I'm actually embarrassed. Geno didn't make any funnies about it, and didn't even look at the Governor when he sat back down next to him, that I saw anyway. I thought it was disgraceful really.

He said "Thank you" to the Governor when he sat back down. I believe he shook his hand too. I doubt that Geno cares.

Reaction Score

Wow! That's all I am going to say.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that what was thought to be a private conversation is now able to be analyzed and scrutinized by the public. Gotta love technology sometimes. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that what was thought to be a private conversation is now able to be analyzed and scrutinized by the public. Gotta love technology sometimes. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately when you are in public, there is no such thing as privacy anymore.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
He said "Thank you" to the Governor when he sat back down. I believe he shook his hand too. I doubt that Geno cares.
When the Gov sat down there was no contact I believe. He should have put in the time to figure out how to pronounce his name- don't you think?

Reaction Score
Where exactly is the link? Is it on a different thread bc I can't find it
It's the second post on this thread. Click on the blue "Biggest event in 20 years." Then click on the Eyewitness 3 news video called
PD: UConn parade biggest event in Hartford in 20 years.

Reaction Score
Wow is right. Just... wow. I am feeling SO many mixed emotions after hearing that. I almost wish I could unhear those comments. On a brighter note, it looks like the parade was a huge smash and the team seemed very jubilant and excited though most of the video. So happy for our Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow is right. Just... wow. I am feeling SO many mixed emotions after hearing that. I almost wish I could unhear those comments.

I don't think the comments mean all that much at this point. Remember the public, on-the-record comments that Geno et al. have made about Kiah Stokes' practice habits early in her career? It's easy to imagine that some of the things they said off-the-record were harsh. And yet, she seems to have worked out well enough.

P.S.: Keep listening closely, especially in the 3-5 minute mark of the video (roughly). You can hear the players and Geno apparently talking about a prominent player from last year's class who did not commit to UConn...among other things. :)

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno has said in the past that almost all high school kids think they are working hard. Many outwork their teammates and that is their yardstick. Unfortunately, it is not an accurate measure. Reality is a kid stepping onto the UCONN will never have worked as hard as the first day they step on the UCONN campus.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Just an interjection about the Gov - he has a speech impediment and is dyslexic. I am sure he was over excited (we know he had no voice left) and meant no harm. This is not a political statement or endorsement, just asking for a moment of charity....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ollie had some verb confusion going on. It's a shame. It was probably a well thought out speech on paper, but because he said, "We was," I couldn't understand a word. He obviously needs a couple courses from Phil Mushnick's School of the Queen's English. Embarrassing. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ollie had some verb confusion going on. It's a shame. It was probably a well thought out speech on paper, but because he said, "We was," I couldn't understand a word. He obviously needs a couple courses from Phil Mushnick's School of the Queen's English. Embarrassing. :rolleyes:
I love everything about Ollie with the glaring exception of very poor grammar. It hurts my ears to listen to him. I think it's terrific that he can "speak" the language of the students and players, but with a 4-year college degree from a prestigious University, you'd think he'd be able to string together a complete sentence. Like ones that have at least a noun and a verb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom